MacWorld 2004 Keynote

Did you enjoy watching Macworld?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Did you enjoy watching Macworld?

• I was wetting myself in excitement
    • had more fun watching paint dry

but i expected something more.. uhm flashhy maybe .. with nice curves :shifty:

You need to go to a strip club... :laugh:

thats still too expensive, i thought they were going to say $150. It is a good idea, the mini but the price is not so hot. I doubt it will do as good as the orig. ipod, but you never know. I was waiting for this moment, but i guess is not as different as i thought it would be, if it was cheaper, i would've been one of the people making the line at the store when it comes out, not anymore tho, i guess i'l just buy a regular flash player...

IMO it's expensive compared to the standard ipods.

you save $50 but you only get 25% less space. It's pretty small (no mention of weight though), but the iPod isn't exactly huge either. Good value for the money, but IMO the sweet-spot for price/capability is still the 20gb ipod.

I'm sure there are some people for whom $50 is enough to keep them from getting a big ipod but, but overall I'd guess it's still priced out of the range of most mid-range (or as jobs would say High-end flash) mp3 player buyers.

at $250 it's also priced in league with some of the smaller (capacity) or larger (dimensions) hard-disk MP3 players. I'm not so sure it's physical size and compatability with itms are going to be enough to compete with them either.

We'll see - but IMO it's just not as compelling as the bigger ipods.

Didn't mention if it is indeed flash based though or anything regarding battery life....hmm...

EDIT:

I see people getting ****ed off at those buttons on the wheel, accidently pressing them while scrolling. :ninja:

You need to go to a strip club... :laugh:

hell yeah :D

i also think it uses a mini hdd.. cuz i haven't seen 4gb flash drives. to bad the it's 249 dollars.. first that's like 300 euro when they sell it here in the netherlands (tax / import :no: ). and they are surely gonna raise the price of the 10/15 gb version here in europe. :rolleyes:

it's not a dumbass move by apple, if anything, the 15gb will sell like hotcakes. and if people just want the 4gb, then thats cool too.

it's not a dumbass move by apple, if anything, the 15gb will sell like hotcakes. and if people just want the 4gb, then thats cool too.

I guess so, don't mind me I'm just really disappointed. :p :cry:

Nice I want to see a better picture of them and see what they feel like. Glad there is a Mac store up the street.

Some people may perfer the smaller form factor (and colors) of the mini to the larger capacity of the larger ipod. Its personal perference. 1000 songs is still a lot.

Does the Apple Store have any discounts?

If the price was $199.00 or $179.00, I would immediatly go out and buy one (blue).

But $249.00 is expensive and like people said spend $50.00 more and you get more space. Even though 1,000 songs is enough for me...

Is it just me or are there other iPod owners here that are quite "happy" that the iPod mini isn't the greates thing ever?

I mean, i didn't wont to have spent ?300 on an outdated product!!

You know this just shows how stupid apples thinking is when it comes to pricing. They are trying to get into and smash a market for players between 100 and 200 bucks and they price it at 250. Most people who didn't buy a flash player between 100 and 200 bucks aren't going to spend 250 because if you would they would have bought a new iPod before Christmas. This just isn't smart. They have a great product and a great idea but they just suck at executing it and to think they pay millions to these people. They get whatever they get. Granted I've got an IPOD and will most likely buy another but I have the spare money and I'm not who the mini pod is for. I just can't believe they survived this long. This is the only company with such a loyal fan base and they have to realize that without this rare fan base they would be long gone. They have their loyal customer base and they need to get beyond this base and they never do because of stupid decisions like this. Going into you can get this and this and this and this and this and this for this extra and this much extra and you get this with it and you can get this along for this cheaper price and on and on and on. This just isn't the way to go. I'm sorry Apple but you are just plain stupid on your thinking. Besides your computers you had another chance to blow away a new market and this decision is going to give say Microsoft a chance to laugh at you and make a close to iPod quality player for 150 bucks and to be honest if its interface is anywhere near close in usuability to the Ipod they are going to blow their whole success. Just like apple has brand appeal with the IPod Microsoft is so well know that if its close to the same quality at 100 bucks cheaper that the IPOD will be done and will only have the few and proud loyals. If not Microsoft it will be Sony, Samsung, Philips or some company.

i dunno..i've been wanting to get an ipod ever since it first came out..but it was too expensive, a little bulky, and to be honest i don't really need to carry around 20-40 gigs of music..so i opted out in buying one and bought a cheap 128 flash memory player, which houses around 16-20 mp3s at 192kbps..meanwhile i drooled over the new generation ipods that were comin' out, but still decided to wait till prices dropped..

they haven't dropped...so the rumors of the mini ipod got me stoked...and now its here..

$249? ya, i would drop that cash..i finally get a player that's has enough space (4gigs) for me to carry around, a very slim and tiny form factor, the elegant design, and the bragging rights :) ...

not bad at all....

http://www.apple.com/ipodmini/

3.6 oz, 3.6" x 2.0" x 0.5"

8 hours of battery

25 minutes of anti skip

belt clip

ear buds

dock cable (usb2 / firewire included)

back lit

ac-adapter

$249

It's using one of those 1" hard disks for storage - probably those new ones that are basicly the old RLL disks made with modern parts.

If the price was $199.00 or $179.00, I would immediatly go out and buy one (blue).

But $249.00 is expensive and like people said spend $50.00 more and you get more space.  Even though 1,000 songs is enough for me...

With the student discount, they come out to $229.

But $249.00 is expensive and like people said spend $50.00 more and you get more space.? Even though 1,000 songs is enough for me...

Student Discounts.

EVERYONE CHECK THIS OUT. A STUDENT DISCOUNT WILL GET YOU:

cp_np_ed_0104.gifcp_ipod_inst_0104.gif

$229.00 IPOD MINI OR 269.00 15GB IPOD

Now thats apple throwing a screwball!

25 minutes of anti skip? what's that about? do the other ipods advertise that? to me that sounds like there is the possibility for skipping...

I enjoyed it mostly to the very end when they said the price of the iPod Mini and I felt like I had been hit in the head with a bat because of how much market share they could make at 150 bucks but their thinking just isn't there for price and to be honest it never was there which is why their market share for computers never really increases and there are tons of anti Microsoft people but they would rather deal with Microsoft than pay for an overpriced computer (hardware) when they know they will have to pay 130 bucks for 10.4. Oh and I think they will charge again.