MacWorld 2004 Keynote

Did you enjoy watching Macworld?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Did you enjoy watching Macworld?

• I was wetting myself in excitement
    • had more fun watching paint dry

We have an Apple Store here so maybe there might be some sale...or I can bum some people for gift certificates. :laugh:

I do have Christmas money bonus, but still $249.00...

25 minutes of anti skip? what's that about? do the other ipods advertise that? to me that sounds like there is the possibility for skipping...

do you jump up and down constantly for 25mins straight? :rolleyes:

my iPod (10GB 2nd Generation) has not once everrrrrrrr skipped on me.

lol, hey, i'm a big fan of jumping jacks. i never stop.

i just never noticed that being advertised before. i figured the regular ipods NEVER skipped.

A runner might..

Although, my 20GB 2nd gen has never skipped on me either.

well you shouldn't run any longer than 22.34 minutes without a break. Your bodies water level needs to be replenished. :D

iPods are rotational storage: the main reason they have memory for an anti-skip buffer is because it allows them to spin up the hard drive, load a bunch of songs into memory and then turn the hard drive off. It improves battery life.

Without a buffer the drive would have to be constantly spinning (like an old CD-player) to read data and pass it to the decoder. If you were to shake the ipod it would skip. The buffer means that doesn't happen.

iPods don't skip. It only takes a couple of seconds to fully fill the memory buffer - so even jumping up and down constantly isn't likely to cause it to skip. Maybe if you put it in a paint shaker for half an hour?

EDIT: the 15gb version is 3700 songs. It's the 40gb that holds 10000.

i didn't get to watch the keynote, but i did read about the new iLife. when is it going to be available, how much is it going to cost, and is it going to be like last time, where they offer iPhoto/iMovie/iTunes for free, but the others cost money, or are they not offering the downloads for free?

just curious :)

This just in: Mac now has a newer version of Office than Windows :D

So much for a new version of Apple works..

Funny with all those MS jokes Steve was spouting off he's still utterly reliant on them for office.. :rolleyes:

I'm probably going to be flamed for this, but does anyone think that the iPod looks pretty ugly? : )

Now the G5s and all the iApps however.. (Y) I'd get a Mac in a flash if I wasnt' a poor, broke student :)