MacWorld 2004 Keynote

Did you enjoy watching Macworld?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Did you enjoy watching Macworld?

• I was wetting myself in excitement
    • had more fun watching paint dry

Well, they'd obviously have to increase its size to display video at an acceptable resolution, so that gives them more room for lithium.

Don't forget that it is reported that they were looking into new screen technology that uses very little energy to run ... as well as rumors of new battery technology... it will be interesting to see what they can come up with.

Don't forget that it is reported that they were looking into new screen technology that uses very little energy to run ... as well as rumors of new battery technology... it will be interesting to see what they can come up with.

Isn't that technology called OLED?

iPod mini is still over-priced. Think about it.. if you put in 50 bucks more, you get the 3rd gen of iPod with 15 Gb of HDD..

The competition with Rio is just not enough.

iPod mini is still over-priced. Think about it.. if you put in 50 bucks more, you get the 3rd gen of iPod with 15 Gb of HDD..

You got that right. I don't know how they expect to sell many of these when $50 more will get you a 15GB iPod. Unless the marketing strategy is the size and colors.

the competitors haven't done any better.

i forget who, but somebody else recently released a 4gb player for $250.

i think the ipod mini is nice, i like the way the buttons are part of the wheel now... i don't really like the way the buttons are along the top on the current version.

i would have expected smaller, but... it's cool enough.

i would still get a big ipod though, instead of the 15, i would get the 20gb though.

Yes, Samsung. Its one of their GSM phones with the dual color screens. Its a camshell phone, the outside screen is OLED, 256 colors. The one inside is TFT, 200,000 colors.

OLED still has a way to go yet.

I think I remember hearing that some companies will start to use with their LCDs. That of course isn't expected to happen till 2005 or 2006.

Two things about the keynote I noticed... up until 1/2 way through the garage band thing... then the stream went to sh!t and said hell with it

A) Couldn't they find anyone better from the Microsoft Office 2004 Mac team..... that could speak better than that woman did .. and not sound mentally handicapped.

B) I thought was funny when he said ...something like Panther is so good... Microsoft is copying us again.... then on the next breath he said how one of the new features in panther was fast user switching

lol

Edited by warwagon

You got that right. I don't know how they expect to sell many of these when $50 more will get you a 15GB iPod. Unless the marketing strategy is the size and colors.

I think you guys are missing the big picture here. And for the sake of time, I'll just copy what I posted on another forum...

The ipod mini is NOT competing with the iPod. There are certain people who are more concerned with the size of the player, not how much stuff you can put in it. You have Joe Smith who wants a flash storage player to go running. He doesn't need 15gig of space because 1) he only has 4-5gig of songs, and 2) he only runs for 20 minutes, therefore only needs to have 20 minutes of music fit on the player. The iPod is WAAAY to big to use when running if you are a serious runner. It just doesn't cut it. There are so many people...Steve said 15%???...that love the upper end flash players. It's not about price...it's about size. So Apple prices a small harddrive player at the pricerange people are paying for 256mb flash players. Joe Smith sees the iPod mini, it's the same price as the flash player he was going to buy, BUT this has 4gig of space. He can fit his whole music collection on there, AND go running with it.

What you people need to realize is that it's not about "if you just spend 50 dollars more you get 11gig of hd space". If price were the driving force behind which players sells the most, the iPod WOULD NOT own the large market share it has. The iPod Mini is PERFECT for me. I go running a lot. I owned a gen2 ipod, and I hated running with it. On top of that, I have just under 6gig of music. Of which, I only listen to about 1gig of that on a regular basis. For me, that extra 50 dollars on the 15gig is nothing more than wasted money.