Gears of War 4 coming October 11th.

Microsoft now has a final release date for Gears of War 4, the long-awaited next entry in the company's sci-fi shooter game series. It is now set for release on October 11 for the Xbox One console. Microsoft still plans to hold an multiplayer beta for the game on April 18.

gears-of-war-4-box-art.jpg?itok=OU6ahxtn

10 hours ago, tjtremor7865 said:

6 more days, alright I'm keeping my expectation really low, hope it's all good and polished with new network code

Given UE's mess, I wouldn't hold my breathe. But who knows, maybe that was just laziness in porting over code from 2006.

Also keep an eye out for bait and switch ala GoW3 beta. Runs amazingly on dedicated servers, then the final product goes back to P2P.

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

Leaked beta footage

-----

My first impressions are not good. It doesn't even look any better than GoW3! :/

Its possibly just a netcode test more than anything rather than using the final engine. Not sure if its PC beta or Xbox as well.

56 minutes ago, ZeroHour said:

Its possibly just a netcode test more than anything rather than using the final engine. Not sure if its PC beta or Xbox as well.

What do you mean PC beta? It's only announced for X1 so far? This is press footage from last week's X1 beta tour Rod F has been on.

It's only a 720p upload to YT, but even still, it looks horrendous; it's hard to tell it apart from GoW3 on 360 even. Plus, GoW3's beta and final release follow a very similar schedule, which looked almost exactly the same as the final game. I wouldn't expect much to change, but I really hope so!

32 minutes ago, Andrew said:

What do you mean PC beta? It's only announced for X1 so far? This is press footage from last week's X1 beta tour Rod F has been on.

It's only a 720p upload to YT, but even still, it looks horrendous; it's hard to tell it apart from GoW3 on 360 even. Plus, GoW3's beta and final release follow a very similar schedule, which looked almost exactly the same as the final game. I wouldn't expect much to change, but I really hope so!

I thought I had heard a beta was coming for those who had GoW Ulti on PC as well but it was late when I was glancing.

Just now, ZeroHour said:

I thought I had heard a beta was coming for those who had GoW Ulti on PC as well but it was late when I was glancing.

You can gain access to the GoW4 beta on X1, by playing a match of GoW:UE online on PC. Or could, the date has passed for that entry method :p

16 hours ago, Skiver said:

Trailer;

Holly #### that trailer!

Cannot wait for this after playing through Ultimate Edition to warm me up again.

I really enjoyed GoW3s hoard mode, or was it called something else?  I would play that so much, seeing how long your team could keep going after wave and wave of enemies,  hope that's in GoW4 as well.

For anyone wanting to get on the Early Beta and if you

a) Live in the UK

b) Are on the O2 network.

You should be able to get a Xbox Code through the Priority App, apparently codes are limited so act quickly. Just redeemed mine, so will be waiting for me when I get back home at the weekend. 

Anyone managed to have a go at the weekend?

I played a few games (sucks being an adult and not having all the free time in the world) and really enjoyed. I mainly stuck with the Team deathmatch and kinda enjoyed the cover based MP, I'm used to playing more twitch based when I do. 

Graphics looks pretty good and didn't notice any artefacts or frame rate drops and matches started up fairly quickly. Those who normally complain about the colour palette choice, this games MP definitely didn't share the same shades of brown. 

21 hours ago, dipsylalapo said:

Anyone managed to have a go at the weekend?

I played a few games (sucks being an adult and not having all the free time in the world) and really enjoyed. I mainly stuck with the Team deathmatch and kinda enjoyed the cover based MP, I'm used to playing more twitch based when I do. 

Graphics looks pretty good and didn't notice any artefacts or frame rate drops and matches started up fairly quickly. Those who normally complain about the colour palette choice, this games MP definitely didn't share the same shades of brown. 

I managed to get about 2 hours in, but real life of being an adult means weekends are usually full as well.

Didn't have any connection problems, and for how often the xbox gets ######## on I don't know of any PS4 exclusives pushing 60fps multiplayer. Looked great played butter smooth in 60fps. Was impressed for what the devs where saying is pretty much an alpha run. Can't wait to see the release.

Edit - Original trailer now has over 11 and a half million views. :)

Smoother, high, frame rate helps the most in MP matches compared to SP, it's good to see they've looked at getting that locked down first instead of just worrying about looks first.

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

Overall, a very unimpressive and mediocre beta. I have serious doubts about the final game.

As far as connection as such goes... there were no issues getting into a match at all on my end...  

The game overall though... Im with you on this one... Not impressed one bit...

I can't believe I'm saying this, as a Gears fan.  

It's so generic.   BlackTusk... I mean, The Coalition took no chances, didn't think outside of the box (at least from what I've played)...

I'm really hoping at E3 that they'll show an amazing campaign... But my doubts are already established after playing the beta... Please prove me wrong...

• Like 1

They've been saying that they're not going to drastically change the gameplay from Gears 3, that's not their goal for 4, but that's not to say they haven't added new stuff, like volting and dragging others over cover, those are two big additions that change the gameplay.

• Like 1

On 2 May 2016 at 9:06 PM, Andrew said:

Overall, a very unimpressive and mediocre beta. I have serious doubts about the final game.

No doubt, I don't think you've been impressed with one Microsoft exclusive since launch. 

I'm not sure why people expected massive changes over the last gears? How longs it been between drinks for a new Gears game now? We just want some of the old don't we?