XBOX Modifications

hey figured if RPM can make a dozen of the same "official" threads, i can also make my own :)

can post anything related to xbox including but not limited to case mods and hardware mods

here's a decent paint job and cool xbox jewel

post-79-1073435609.jpg

that's pretty good looking. i'm all about classic though, so mine's staying the way it is right now. i'd like to add an on/off switch to a controller though, i hate having to get up to turn it on...

that's pretty good looking. i'm all about classic though, so mine's staying the way it is right now. i'd like to add an on/off switch to a controller though, i hate having to get up to turn it on...

i'm the same way....do you have a tutorial on that, or is it on xbox scene?

i don't think you can do that... the controller ports are basically USB, and USB is powered by the machine. meaning that you can't have the USB turn on/off the machine...

i don't think you can do that... the controller ports are basically USB, and USB is powered by the machine. meaning that you can't have the USB turn on/off the machine...

Yeah, was just gonna say that.

You could make your own remote to do it though.

lmfao. is it is possibile check the tutorials on xbox scene just splice the yellow wire etc.

if you where to even route the wire for the xbox power button to the remote, it wouldnt work for the reason someone said above. now what you can do is take the power button wires, make a whole thru ur xbox, lets say next to the controller port, and then extend it along the controller wire into the controller and add a switch. but then it would be a hassle if you wanna unhook your controller. so all in all its just a waste of time. like hellbender said maybe a remote, but how would that work? its possible but would be really difficult to do.

Hmm.. I'm totally not a hardware guy, but I would guess you would create a remote and a component on the xbox.. and the component on the xbox would wait for a signal from the remote, and when it received that signal, it would sent the signal that the ON button would to the xbox.

I dunno how feasable it is, but it sounds plausible on paper.

you could do it that way hellbender, but the question is, do you really wanna start cutting holes in your xbox case? ;)

Definitely not.

That's assuming I actually have an xbox.

i dunno how useful a on/off switch on the controller would be, since i have to get up and get the controller which is right on top of the console anyway. only good if you have a wireless controller or something

..and the world's filled with newbies.

This mod is very simple in theory, but it is a little fiddly to achieve. We are simply adding another power button to the console via an unused wire in the controller lead. It may render some of the functionality of the chosen game port and controller (none for a standard controller) as we need to disconnect the yellow wire (used for light guns etc).

http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/power-b...-controller.php

:rolleyes:

lol, i never bother putting the controller back, it's always on the couch or on the floor next to the couch. so it would definitely be useful. :)

why did you post the same info as TruBD, same link but 5 hours later ??? :blink: :wacko:

I think he's illustrating the fact that the world is filled with newbies :yes:

Got rid of my GPU fan because it was so loud, looks like this now

much quieter, makes games and media center even better

ROFL, nice one :laugh: lick the heatsink and it will run even better.