Justice League (2017) / Snyder Cut (2021)

While I'm not happy with this personality of Superman thus far, I'm greatly

looking forward to this Justice League movie. The trailer gives the impressions they're

going for a more "fun" vibe.

When superman comes back he should have a different personality for sure, something closer to the one people are used to from the comic books I'd say.  You know, near-death experiences and so on, change a person.

9 hours ago, George P said:

When superman comes back he should have a different personality for sure, something closer to the one people are used to from the comic books I'd say.  You know, near-death experiences and so on, change a person.

For those of us who havent read sups comics, what would that be?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Draconian Guppy said:

For those of us who havent read sups comics, what would that be?

More optimistic and not moody, hopeful you could say.  He knows what he has to do and just does it, no doubting himself and so on.

• Like 2

On 9/7/2016 at 7:20 AM, DConnell said:

Meh.

Guy Gardner and G`nort in a sci-fi buddy comedy for the win! :laugh:

But seriously, Hal is the least interesting of all the Earth-based Lanterns. They'd do much better using John and Kyle. Or John & Guy. Or Guy and Alan (though traditionally not a Corps member). Or any combination thereof.

Pretty much the definitive League up to this point is the version from the Justice League/Justice League Unlimited cartoon. That's what they should be drawing inspiration from!

However, isn't it that Hal has played non-GLs in the DCU that makes him seeming non-integral? (In addition to Parallax, he was at one point, one of Spectre's human hosts post Nekron.)  However, given what Hal Jordan has done - simply as a member of the Corps - that is a rather silly attitude to have - that would be akin to dismissing Sinestro's contributions merely because he's moved to the Yellow side of the Corps Spectrum - which NONE of the Corps has done.)

While it will probably be Hal in the end, the rumor has still been that it'll be the corp and not just a movie about Hal himself.   So like another team up movie and not so much a solo GL movie, whenever that happens at this point.   You have to remember that as of right now, the only other DCEU movie actually being worked on is aquaman.   I don't even think flash is in pre-production let alone batman or MoS2 and so on.

In my opinion DC rushing is why the DCEU started off on a bad note, though I think MoS is a good movie and I enjoyed it, so as a first start into the DCEU it was a good one.   The problem is that we should've seen a MoS2 and then something like BvS followed by WM and then JL etc.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Joss Whedon is taking over postproduction of Justice League while Zack Snyder is taking time to be with his family.

Zack Snyder Steps Down From 'Justice League' to Deal With Family Tragedy

Superheroes have always been about doing the right thing in the hardest of circumstances. Now Zack Snyder, one of the biggest filmmakers in the genre and the director of Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice and the upcoming Justice League, finds himself in just such a situation.

Snyder tells The Hollywood Reporter he is stepping away from Justice League, Warner Bros.’ all-star DC Comics superhero mega-movie that is in postproduction, in order to deal with the sudden death of his daughter. Snyder's wife, Deborah Snyder, who is a producer on Justice League, also is taking a break to focus on the healing of their family.

/snip

More at The Hollywood Reporter

20 minutes ago, Jim K said:

Joss Whedon is taking over postproduction of Justice League while Zack Snyder is taking time to be with his family.

More at The Hollywood Reporter

So basically there is a chance this movie won't suck? Zack Snyder goes over bored on blatantly obvious CG

• Like 1

Not unexpected. Their daughter Autumn committed suicide a few weeks ago, they have 7 other kids and everyone's been having a hard time. They tried to continue, but....

Can't imagine anything worse than outliving a child.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, warwagon said:

So basically there is a chance this movie won't suck? Zack Snyder goes over bored on blatantly obvious CG

The movie's been in post-production for quite some time already, I think we're still going to get what we get regardless, the edit itself might end up different from what it might have been but the story is what it is, unless they re-shoot things.   

• Like 1

9 hours ago, warwagon said:

Dude have some bloody compassion!!

The guy's daughter just took her life and the first thing that comes to your head is to take a dig at him?!

Horrible news, I can't imagine what Zack and his family are going through right now :(

So it sounds like re-shoots were always planned and Josh had input on them from the start, so it made sense that Zack handed it off to him since before the March tragedy happened.    It's also good to know what WB was ready to push the release of the movie back to give Zack all the time he needed, but Zack said not to and to let Josh wrap things up, that says a lot about the studio and also about the trust going on between the two directors.

• Like 1

On 5/20/2017 at 3:04 AM, DocM said:

Same with Elon Musk, that dawg.

Huh?

• 1 month later...