Justice League (2017) / Snyder Cut (2021)

George P

Man of steal was in line with most superhero movies out there, a 6/7 out of 10 when you look at the reviews.  I think it gets too much flack for no reason. 

trag3dy

I actually like Man of Steal and to a lesser extent BvS but Justice League looked lime amateur hour even compared to those two movies.

DConnell

But what do all of you think about Man of Steel:D

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

George P
8 hours ago, DConnell said:

But what do all of you think about Man of Steel:D

Auto correct strikes again.

• Like 2

DConnell
15 hours ago, George P said:

Auto correct strikes again.

Since a few people posted the same autocorrect/typo I couldn't let it pass. :laugh:

• 2 years later...
George P

Bringing up a old topic due to some surprise news.

This is pretty interesting and if it's actually a overall better movie then I'd say the WB executives who forced the changes should get kicked out, but they've already been replaced so that's that.

Zathras5

I don't see how a cut minus Joss Whedon's input could possibly improve the movie.... But maybe that's just me.

• Like 1

George P
2 hours ago, Zathras5 said:

I don't see how a cut minus Joss Whedon's input could possibly improve the movie.... But maybe that's just me.

The Whedon cut is 2hrs,  it's reported that the Snyder cut is 3.5hrs, that extra time adds a lot to any story.

FloatingFatMan
7 hours ago, George P said:

The Whedon cut is 2hrs,  it's reported that the Snyder cut is 3.5hrs, that extra time adds a lot to any story.

A polished turd is still a turd...

George P
1 hour ago, FloatingFatMan said:

A polished turd is still a turd...

I'm still interested in it, as are enough other people it seems if WB is going to drop a reported $20-$30mil to finish the FX it needs.   And a bad cut could ruin a good story just the same.  

FloatingFatMan
26 minutes ago, George P said:

I'm still interested in it, as are enough other people it seems if WB is going to drop a reported $20-$30mil to finish the FX it needs.   And a bad cut could ruin a good story just the same.  

Oh, I'll watch it, but it's going to be hard to improve what we've seen so far...

Innervisions33
6 hours ago, FloatingFatMan said:

Oh, I'll watch it, but it's going to be hard to improve what we've seen so far...

I disagree... it will be very easy to improve on what we saw.  Will it turn it into the best movie ever?  Of course not.  But I highly doubt it will take much to make this viewing better in most's eyes.

It worked for BvS (theatrical vs home release Extended Cut).  I know that's not a direct parallel, but it works.

• 4 weeks later...
George P

First little teaser using cut footage.

Orange

Looking forward to his cut due to more darker tone.

trag3dy

So it says only on HBO max but will it eventually find it's way onto blu ray?

George P
6 minutes ago, trag3dy said:

So it says only on HBO max but will it eventually find it's way onto blu ray?

Good question, I'm going to say yes for now so they can maximize their returns.  If it does though I don't expect it'll be anytime soon, at least 8 months or a year after it's finished it's run on HBO Max.  And that all depends if it's a super long movie or split into episodes.  My bet is on 6, maybe 8 episodes, one a week.

28 minutes ago, Orange said:

Looking forward to his cut due to more darker tone.

I also think, unless this changed, that they're going to go in and redo the CGI for Steppenwolf to the original concept Zack had which makes him look more alien and menacing.  

• Like 1

trag3dy
17 minutes ago, George P said:

Good question, I'm going to say yes for now so they can maximize their returns.  If it does though I don't expect it'll be anytime soon, at least 8 months or a year after it's finished it's run on HBO Max.  And that all depends if it's a super long movie or split into episodes.  My bet is on 6, maybe 8 episodes, one a week.

I also think, unless this changed, that they're going to go in and redo the CGI for Steppenwolf to the original concept Zack had which makes him look more alien and menacing.  

6 to 8 Episodes? How long is this cut supposed to be?

George P
1 hour ago, trag3dy said:

6 to 8 Episodes? How long is this cut supposed to be?

4hrs as a movie reportedly.  

• 1 month later...
George P

New Stuff.  

• Like 1

Circaflex

I am not well versed on Superman, but what does the black suit represent?

Zathras5
3 hours ago, Circaflex said:

He returned with a black suit when they killed him in the comics in the 90's.

George P
4 hours ago, Circaflex said:

It's a big callback to the original comics but also, if you want a story reason, as far as I remember that is.  Because his powers come from absorbing solar radiation etc, the black suit is suppose to boost/speed up the process, since the color black absorbs light more than any lighter colors.

• Thanks 2

McCordRm

The black suit is his restoration suit. As George put it, it helps him regenerate and get back

to full power. I was really bummed when it didn't appear in the movie.

• Thanks 1

George P
2 hours ago, McCordRm said:

The black suit is his restoration suit. As George put it, it helps him regenerate and get back

to full power. I was really bummed when it didn't appear in the movie.

Looks like it was one of the many things they cut, because we see part of this scene in the original theatrical trailers, so it's not something new etc.  Heck, I don't eve know if they have plans to actually film new scenes or re-shoot at all for this.

Circaflex

Sweet thanks guys.

• Steven P. changed the title to Justice League (2017) / Snyder Cut (2021)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now