Justice League (2017) / Snyder Cut (2021)

With the movie starting it's filming soon, if not already, we're getting more and more news, time for it's own topic.

Release date : 17 November 2017 (USA)

Director:  Zack Snyder 

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0974015/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1    For more info.

Also this bit of news hit today.  

http://www.polygon.com/2016/4/19/11459978/willem-defoe-justice-league

Snyder gets too much of a bad rap for things, if the script isn't solid from the start there's little a director can do about it.  JL is getting a full script from Terrio this time, no more Goyer to muck things up.   And there's also no need to try and pack so much in one movie like BvS did, probably a requirement from the higher ups at WB.    I bet JL turns out way different than what people expect.

2 minutes ago, Damo R. said:

I like Snyder but the hate from BvS could ruin him in the DC Universe now

The DCEU is more than just Snyder though,  Other people are doing the other movies, and I don't know if Snyder is going to direct JL Part 2 as well, though it's probably a safe bet that he will.  Outside of the two JL movies, and maybe another Superman solo movie, I don't think he's directing any of the other planned movies.  

• 1 month later...

Justice League Movie Official Title Revealed By Geoff Johns.

On Friday, a big rumor hit about some potential titles for the first Justice League movie. The rumored titles included Justice League United, Justice League: Angels and Demons, Justice League: Gods Among Us, and Justice League: Gods Among Men.

Considering that Batman V Superman was given the lengthy title Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice, it would make sense that Warner Bros. might follow suit with the Justice League. However, it turns out that is not to be the case.

On Friday night, Geoff Johns, the recently named co-chief of DC Films division, took to social media to dispel the rumors. Johns revealed that the Justice League movie will simply be called Justice League.

http://comicbook.com/2016/06/04/justice-league-movie-official-title-revealed-by-geoff-johns/

• 3 weeks later...

Parademons To Play Large Role In Justice League>

Having first appeared in the Knightmare sequence of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, the Parademons will play a large role in Justice League when it arrives in theaters late next year.

Starting the day in the War Room full of concept art for the film, executive producer Deborah Snyder confirmed that the creatures seen in Dawn of Justice were Parademons, and they'll be back with different looks in Justice League. Concept art showed two versions of the creatures - one was mostly green and, the other, mostly brown.

The Parademons involvement in Justice League is only a further hint towards Darkseid's eventual appearance. We've suspected the big bad would show up eventually, especially after the Omega symbol was laid out in front of Batman during his dream sequence in Dawn of Justice, but with Steppenwolf confirmed to be the villain in Justice League, his nephew can't be too far off.

http://comicbook.com/2016/06/21/parademons-to-play-large-role-in-justice-league/

I find the bit about them having two different colors, mostly green and mostly brown as interesting.   I wonder if they're not heading into a sort of 3 way fight for Justice League part 2?  Could one color be under the control of Steppenwolf and the other for Darkseid?  IIRC those two don't like each other either, or maybe I'm not remembering it right.

The Wonder Woman We See In Justice League Is Much Different Than The Solo Film.

Because of the positive response she received for her role in the superhero epic, her solo Wonder Woman film has rocketed towards the top of many's most anticipated lists. The Wonder Woman we see in Justice League will be a natural progression from the one seen in BVS, but the solo film is a different story.

During a recent visit to the Justice League set by our reporter Brandon Davis, Gal Gadot shared some thoughts on the big differences between the two films, in regards to her character.

"(laughs), she's kind of uh bipolar, uh no, she's well, the Wonder Woman we see in the Justice League is similar to the Wonder Woman that we saw in BVS. The Wonder Woman that we see in the solo movie, uh, she's different. It's the coming of age story. It's, you know, about her becoming an adult, her journey from child to adult and understanding the complexities of life."

http://comicbook.com/2016/06/25/the-wonder-woman-we-see-in-justice-league-is-much-different-than/

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

With Green Lantern noticeably absent from Batman Vs. Superman and the Justice League movie, it's being speculated Green Lantern may cameo in a Justice League post-credits scene.

Jason Inman of DC All Access took part in a YouTube video answering a fan's question whether or not Green Lantern will be in the Justice League movie. While what they discussed regarding Green Lantern first appearing in the DCEU is pure speculation, Inman did whisper to the camera, "It's going to be Hal Jordan."

More

I think it makes more sense to have/introduce the Green Lantern Corps after JL and big, galaxy wide, implications.    If we're headed for a whole Apokalips invasion of earth type deal, that's got to get the corps involved, at least the ones who are tasked with protecting earth.

On 9/5/2016 at 1:19 AM, George P said:

With Green Lantern noticeably absent from Batman Vs. Superman and the Justice League movie, it's being speculated Green Lantern may cameo in a Justice League post-credits scene.

Jason Inman of DC All Access took part in a YouTube video answering a fan's question whether or not Green Lantern will be in the Justice League movie. While what they discussed regarding Green Lantern first appearing in the DCEU is pure speculation, Inman did whisper to the camera, "It's going to be Hal Jordan."

More

I think it makes more sense to have/introduce the Green Lantern Corps after JL and big, galaxy wide, implications.    If we're headed for a whole Apokalips invasion of earth type deal, that's got to get the corps involved, at least the ones who are tasked with protecting earth.

I'd prefer Kyle Rayner. Or John Stewart. After the GL movie tanked (though I did like it) I'd think Warner would want to try someone other than Hal Jordan.

7 minutes ago, DConnell said:

I'd prefer Kyle Rayner. Or John Stewart. After the GL movie tanked (though I did like it) I'd think Warner would want to try someone other than Hal Jordan.

I think that's why they're going with a movie about the corps and not a specific GL like before,  I expect the movie will have both Hal AND John.

2 minutes ago, George P said:

I think that's why they're going with a movie about the corps and not a specific GL like before,  I expect the movie will have both Hal AND John.

Meh.

Guy Gardner and G`nort in a sci-fi buddy comedy for the win! :laugh:

But seriously, Hal is the least interesting of all the Earth-based Lanterns. They'd do much better using John and Kyle. Or John & Guy. Or Guy and Alan (though traditionally not a Corps member). Or any combination thereof.

Pretty much the definitive League up to this point is the version from the Justice League/Justice League Unlimited cartoon. That's what they should be drawing inspiration from!

6 hours ago, DConnell said:

Pretty much the definitive League up to this point is the version from the Justice League/Justice League Unlimited cartoon. That's what they should be drawing inspiration from!

Agreed, but I believe Green Arrow should be a major component.  I never understood why he was such a (mostly) 2nd fiddle character.  

32 minutes ago, Innervisions33 said:

Agreed, but I believe Green Arrow should be a major component.  I never understood why he was such a (mostly) 2nd fiddle character.  

It'll take time for them to add more characters to the JL, I'd rather they didn't rush it.   Superman, batman, ww, flash, aquaman and cyborg is a good starting group, GL(s) could show up for JL2, and they can also toss in other characters after that.    The main problem BvS had is that WB rushed things and packed so much into one movie, best thing would've been for it to have been broken up into 2, we could've had a MoS 2 that introduced batman, then went into BvS which brought in WW, then JL which brings in the others and so on.  each movie in the DCEU can build it up piece by piece, but instead they rushed to catch up with Marvel for no real reason IMO.

Anyways, expect the upcoming solo films after JL, flash/cyborg, Aquaman and so on, to probably introduce other characters.

Geoff Johns & Jon Berg Talk Justice League Movie Universe & Changes

"Mistakenly in the past I think the studio has said, ‘Oh, DC films are gritty and dark and that’s what makes them different.’ That couldn’t be more wrong,” Geoff Johns said. “It’s a hopeful and optimistic view of life. Even Batman has a glimmer of that in him. If he didn’t think he’d make tomorrow better, he’d stop.”

Say what you will about the movies to date, WB giving Geoff Johns more control is the best thing they could do, from what I've heard his rebirth push has been a huge success and is going back to the roots of DC, if they do the same with the movies then good.

Details On The Justice League's Filming Location In Iceland

Justice League will film in the Westfjords of Iceland in October and November. Justice League’s primary set will be Djúpavík village, a village with only two permanent inhabitants, though the population grows during the summer.

Ásbjörn Þorgilsson, one of the owners of Hótel Djúpavík, tells the official guide to the Westfjords that he’s expected 200 crew members to take up residence when Justice Leaguecomes to the area. The cast and crew will be spread between the hotel and a cruise ship in the fjord.

Additional filming will also take place in Scotland.

Just my guess but this is probably filming flashback scenes with Vikings or old humans who have/hide one of the motherboxes  we see a shot of in the comic-con teaser video.

On 6/25/2016 at 11:34 PM, George P said:

The Wonder Woman We See In Justice League Is Much Different Than The Solo Film.

Because of the positive response she received for her role in the superhero epic, her solo Wonder Woman film has rocketed towards the top of many's most anticipated lists. The Wonder Woman we see in Justice League will be a natural progression from the one seen in BVS, but the solo film is a different story.

During a recent visit to the Justice League set by our reporter Brandon Davis, Gal Gadot shared some thoughts on the big differences between the two films, in regards to her character.

"(laughs), she's kind of uh bipolar, uh no, she's well, the Wonder Woman we see in the Justice League is similar to the Wonder Woman that we saw in BVS. The Wonder Woman that we see in the solo movie, uh, she's different. It's the coming of age story. It's, you know, about her becoming an adult, her journey from child to adult and understanding the complexities of life."

http://comicbook.com/2016/06/25/the-wonder-woman-we-see-in-justice-league-is-much-different-than/

how? the evil in me says we will see the wonder of her being a woman... ;)

3 hours ago, DocM said:

I think the volcanic parts of Iceland would be better used as Apokolips.

Maybe, but wouldn't a better match be a more dry desert like location?  Some place more reddish, the volcanic look is that dark grey/black mix.

Man of Steel and Batman Vs Superman have been the biggest disappointments in their translation to a cinema platform.  There's so much potential, Spiderman had much better movies, hell - I'd even say Ant-man was more enjoyable than these two.  I've little faith in them producing a decent memorable film (although I do like to be surprised and eat my words!).

• Like 1

Highly subjective of course, you either like them or you don't, I know people who liked MoS but didn't like BvS but then liked Suicide Squad, it's all a matter of taste, you can never please everyone, you can only hope to please the majority.  Hell, the fact Suicide Squad managed to pass $700 million world wide is a surprise to many, just shows that the fans liked it more than expected and helped push it higher, even with better critic reviews I doubt it'd go higher, odds are with good reviews it gets another $50-$70 million tops, minor in the grand scheme of things.   Now if something like BvS had gotten positive reviews, then instead of it's $870million WW haul, it'd have done $1.5billion if not more, just to show the difference when it comes to the characters used and so on.

Another key aspect to everything from WW and onward, the scripts are written or at least partially written by the head DC guy himself, and if you question his ability to write then you just don't know DC comics at all.

And Spider-Man had good movies?  Come on, last good one was Spider-Man 2, everything else is forgettable, so much so that Sony had to run back to Marvel/Disney to beg for their help because people didn't care for their Spider-Man movies anymore, the fact each new one made less money than the one before it says it all.

• Like 1