Steve Jobs

+warwagon

stevejobs_eblast-e1442521316127.png?w=63

2 / 5

So I watched the movie "Steve Jobs" last night, what a snooze fest! It was a horrible movie. It wasn't even very historically accurate. When it was first announced that Michael Fassbender (or Fenderbender as I call him) was going to play Steve Jobs, I was like ....WTF. Well, after watching the movie that is still my opinion on that casting choice ...WTF.

My dad after watching it made a very good observation. Almost the entire movie takes place 30 mins before some big announcement / keynote. My dad asked, "Did all the important things happen behind stage before the big announcements"

It was so stupid. What a waste of what could have been amazing movie.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By zikalify
      TalkTalk hackers get a total of 20 months in prison
      by Paul Hill

Two hackers, Matthew Hanley, 23, and Connor Allsopp, 21, have been sentenced to a total of 20 months in prison for their part in the 2015 TalkTalk cyber attack. Neither Hanley nor Allsopp, both from Tamworth, UK, exposed TalkTalk’s vulnerability but did exploit the security vulnerability in order to steal more than 8,000 customers’ records. The attack, which could have included up to 10 attackers, is believed to have cost TalkTalk £77 million.

Hanley and Allsopp via Met Police Hanley was described as a dedicated hacker and that he was on the one that shared the customer details with Allsopp. Subsequently, Allsopp passed on the details to another user for the purposes of fraud, he also supplied them with the tools for doing further hacks. The then-CEO, Dido Harding, was blackmailed with the stolen data with the perpetrators demanding payment in bitcoin. While these two were not doing the blackmailing, the judge said Hanley and Allsopp “helped facilitate it.”

Judge Anuja Dhir QC, commenting on the case, said:

Hanley was sentenced to 12 months in jail, while Allsopp was sentenced to just eight; given the rules around sentences in the UK, the pair could be out quite a bit sooner.

Source: Met Police via BBC News

• By Ryan Daum
      I was hoping I could reach out to all of the pros out in the neowin.net community for some advice. I am trying to find a good training option and I am not really finding quite what I need.

My work is starting to get into continuous integration / automated deployments. I am somewhat familiar with TFS Build system already and have some build / release definitions created for several projects. I am most interested in the training covering migrating branching strategies and the more complex things you can do with creating custom build processes with the new vNext system. Does anyone know of a good online course that is offered that goes into this sort of thing? It could be an onsite deal if necessary instead of online.

The only online resources I can find cover more of the TFS administration, with only covering the TFS Build as a side item. This makes sense from the prospective of most PMs maybe, but it isn't what I am going for. I'm not sure if this is because since Microsoft gives such a good range of options for really making your build process do whatever you want that it is hard to cover a lot of presentation material on the subject or not, but it seems like there should be a paid option out there somewhere.

My company is willing to spend money to make this happen, so that is not a concern at this time, it is just a matter of finding the right resource. Worst case I could always try to find books on Amazon, but that is currently my second choice.
    • By yeoo_andy_ni
      IDC: Huawei and Lenovo were biggest winners in 2015 smartphone shipments
      by Andrew Stevenson

The International Data Corporation (IDC) has just announced smartphone shipping performance data for Q4 of 2015, and market data for 2015 as a whole. The numbers have been crunched and the results counted and verified, and over the holiday season (and indeed the year), there was growth for both Samsung and Apple.

Vendor

4Q15 Shipment Volumes

4Q15 Market Share

4Q14 Shipment Volumes

4Q14 Market Share

Year-Over-Year Growth

1. Samsung

21.4%

19.9%

14.0%

2. Apple

18.7%

19.7%

0.4%

3. Huawei

8.1%

6.3%

37.0%

4. Lenovo

5.1%

3.7%

43.6%

5. Xiaomi

4.6%

4.4%

10.0%

Others

42.1%

46.1%

-3.3%

Total

100.0%

100.0%

5..7%

Lenovo + Motorola

8.1%

6.5%

-18.1%

As you can see from the data, Huawei, is up 37.0% on Q4 2014 taking the third spot behind Apple. We’ve previously reported that the Chinese vendor is doing well and our review of the Honour 6 Plus was very positive.

We should also be tipping our hat to Xiaomi, who managed to open a sizeable gap, from LG in sixth, to claim the number five spot on the list. Posting a 10% year-over-year growth. Expansion into the US market can only help push them further up the chart.

While Lenovo posted a massive 43.6% growth over the previous year, the purchase of Motorola prompted their name to be mentioned in an 18.1% drop in shipments, compared to Q4 2014. Over the next year, the Motorola name will cease to be, being phased out by Lenovo.

Probably as expected, Samsung posted an increase, coming out on top with 14% growth compared to the same period the previous year.

This just leaves Apple, who have been reporting a slowdown in their iPhone sales. The IDC corroborate this, with Apple only posting a 0.4% growth compared to 2014. That said, they still took the number two spot, because it’s Apple!

Vendor

2015 Shipment Volumes

2015 Market Share

2014 Shipment Volumes

2014 Market Share

Year-Over-Year Growth

1. Samsung

22.7%

24.4%

2.1%

2. Apple

16.2%

14.8%

20.2%

3. Huawei

7.4%

5.7%

44.3%

4. Lenovo

5.2%

4.6%

24.5%

5. Xiaomi

4.9%

4.4%

22.8%

Others

43.6%

46.1%

4.2%

Total

100.0%

100.0%

10.1%

Lenovo + Motorola

5.16%

7.20%

-21.1%

Finally, when we compare the figures for 2015 as a whole, the top five remains the same, again with Huawei posting a hugely impressive 44.3% growth, over 2014, putting it firmly in the "big winner" category for the year. As for Apple, it still managed to ship 231.5 million smartphones in 2015, a growth of 20.2% over 2014. Finally, while Samsung only grew 2.1% over the previous year, it did this by shipping a whopping 324.8 million handsets.

Source and image: IDC

• By gohpep
      ----

Neowin topics

E3 2015 Gamers' Hangout Discussion
      E3 2015 Microsoft Press Conference Discussion
      E3 2015 Nintendo Digital Event Discussion
      E3 2015 Sony Press Conference Discussion

-----
      Briefing time

16th June - 5pm PT / 8pm ET

----

Twitch Stream Schedule & Twitch streams

http://www.twitch.tv/pcgamer/v/6256130

----

Exhibitors

AMD ArenaNet Blizzard Entertainment Bohemia Interactive CCP Games Cliff Bleszinski Cloud Imperium Games Creative Assembly Dean Hall Devolver Digital Frictional Games Fullbright Paradox Interactive Pixel Titans SCS Software Splash Damage Square Enix Tripwire Interactive Xbox AND MORE!  
      ----

What was shown

Killing Floor 2 (modding, community maps, free content pack)
      Rising Storm 2
      Star Citizen
      AMD 300-series (FreeSync, VR, DirectX12)
      Deus Ex (new Dawn Engine)
      Total War
      Warhammer
      Windows 10 & Xbox One cross compatibility
      Killer Instinct
      Fable Legends
      Gigantic
      Gears of War: Ultimate Edition (4K, unlimited refresh rate, DX12, controller support)
      American Truck Simulator
      Eve Valkyrie
      Ion
      Strafe
      Pillars of Eternity: The White March: Part 1
      Planet Coaster: Simulation Evolved
      Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns (a lot of new content)
      Hitman
      AMD Fury X
      AMD R9 Nano
      Project Quantum
      Unknown Dual Fury X
      Arma 3 expansion
      Beyond Eyes
      Dirty Bomb
      Tacoma
      Soma
      DayZ (single player, modding, community servers)
      Take On Mars
      Project Bluestreak
      Enter the Gungeon
      Heroes of the Storm: Eternal Conflict
      Starcraft II: Legacy of the Void
      Starcraft II: Whispers of Oblivion
      No Man's Sky