Planned Forum maintenance for w/e of May 7

Sometime this weekend we will be applying an IPB forum update to bring us up to 4.1.11.

This is a small maintenance release to fix a few issues reported in 4.1.10. In addition to bug fixes and performance improvements, it includes following new/changed features:

• Integration with SparkPost replaces Mandrill for optional email service as Mandrill is stopping their current service toward the end of April.
  • Questions in Question and Answer forums can now be sorted by most votes.
  • The "All Activity" activity stream now has an RSS feed.
  • The filter bar at the top of the activity stream no longer sticks to the stop of the screen when scrolling.
  • If you receive a browser notification your notification menu will now reload to get the latest notification.
  • More consistent visual feedback when a post submit or edit is processing to reduce duplicates.
  • Sidebar widgets now how rounded corners to match rest of Suite.
  • Recaptcha style is now a per-theme setting.
  • You can now set which theme should be the default for the AdminCP separate to which should be the default for the front-end.

We anticipate that this will cause minimal downtime, like most of the other updates we've applied in the last couple of months and weeks, but if sometime this weekend you are unable to access the forums, then this is why!

2 hours ago, Steven P. said:

More consistent visual feedback when a post submit or edit is processing to reduce duplicates.

Does this mean the duplicate post bug will be fixed?

Well I think the dupes are caused from comments on the main page aren't they? That needs to be looked into and we have plans for that (more when I know it is actually starting to get done).

4 hours ago, Steven P. said:

Well I think the dupes are caused from comments on the main page aren't they? That needs to be looked into and we have plans for that (more when I know it is actually starting to get done).

Based on the replies in the thread about that, I think it's general forum posting, not from the front page, and an issue with the editor being stuck on 'Saving' that's behind it.

Just now, DaveLegg said:

Based on the replies in the thread about that, I think it's general forum posting, not from the front page, and an issue with the editor being stuck on 'Saving' that's behind it.

Yup.. that's what we were talking about.

Which @LimeMasterand I had post issue other day.

4 minutes ago, DaveLegg said:

Correct. I always get it when posting from the thread side and the editor Submit button gets stuck on Saving, then eventually wakes up and duplicates.

So sounds like this update should squash that one then. Of course, if it still happens after the update, we'll take another look at it

Haha the first point made me laugh 

Integration with SparkPost replaces Mandrill for optional email service as Mandrill is stopping their current service toward the end of April.

I just finished doing that for a web application I developed for a client.  We used Mandrill initially and with the change they made (going to a paid service) I had to switch it over to SparkPost.

8 hours ago, Steven P. said:

Integration with SparkPost replaces Mandrill for optional email service as Mandrill is stopping their current service toward the end of April.

What is this SparkPost that you speak of?

3 hours ago, shockz said:

Are there any improvements to the post editor incoming? It's pretty terrible. Especially on the front page.

There are plans in the works to replace the comment editor used on the front page, yes :)

1 minute ago, Gary7 said:

I could not get on this site about one hour ago, were you guys doing anything?

They said May 7th.. 2 more days before they start this task.

1 minute ago, TAZMINATOR said:

They said May 7th.. 2 more days before they start this task.

I know that but I had to access. Said something about a server error.

20 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

I know that but I had to access. Said something about a server error.

There was a temporary issue, Dave was right on it and fixed it. :)