• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Voodoo 3 3000 and RC2

Ethere    4

I've been trying RC 2 with my Voodoo 3 3000 (using the default Windows XP drivers), and been having a lot of problems. I installed RC2, clean, and then installed Unreal Tournament. The game would only play in a window. And I found this was true with all the games I installed. Does anyone know why this would happen?

I even tried installing the Voodoo 3000 3dFX drivers (the latest, and for NT of course), and that made things even worse. The screen would be a full screen, but would lock up the entire system. HELP!

iLuMiNuS    0

yeah im having the same proble, if anyone knows please let us know, but yeah windows xp is already final but the games with voodoo 3 still dont work right, is anyone else having problems with games?

doom    0

3dfx is no longer supported with windows xp and up so youre sol untill a 3 party driver comes out im sure they will to

Ethere    4
Originally posted by me101  

NT Compatible has a very good section on their site, entitled :- 3Dfx FAQ & Download for Windows 2000/XP

Thanks for the link. It pays to be patient I guess. Oh well. I just bought a 3D Prophet 4000 MX 32MB card. I think that's going to solve most of my problems. ;)