The Spice Girls are back – and writing new songs in the studio

The Spice Girls are back – and writing new songs in the studio  

It's time to Spice up your life once again because three of the Spice Girls are back in the studio together, working on new music. 

Geri Horner (Ginger Spice), Melanie Brown (Scary Spice) and Emma Bunton (Baby Spice) have spent the past 48 hours in London's Play Deep studios recording previously unheard material, with a view to releasing a new album later this year, celebrating 20 years since the release of the band's debut single Wannabe. 

It is understood that the band will also play a series of live dates on both sides of the Atlantic in 2017.

Mel B yesterday posted a picture on Instagram of the trio, alongside the caption "And I say oohhhh LALA", seemingly confirming the news that the band are back.

The Spice Girls' one-time producer, Eliot Kennedy, who worked with the band on their Spice World soundtrack in 2007, and who appears to be working with the girls on new material, tweeted: "Now that was a day for the history books. Like 20 years had never happened. Proper friendship! Hit Song."

In an interview with The Mirror, Mel B said: "It's funny, because back in the day people thought we had everything written for us but we've always written all our own songs.

"That's why we've won Ivor Novello awards and all sorts. Everything always comes from us, and to do something for our 20-year anniversary is the ultimate dream.

"If we do anything, we will be writing everything from scratch. We are all group texting and speak a lot."

Despite this, however, The Mirror also reports that Victoria Beckham (Posh Spice) will not be involved. The 42-year-old's spokesperson said that Beckham was busy "launching her forthcoming Estee Lauder collection" and that she had not attended any meetings about this year's reunion.

Mel C (Sporty Spice) was not at the Play Deep studios, after confirming earlier this year that she would continue to focus on her solo career.

This is not the first time the Spice Girls, still the biggest-selling female group of all time, have reunited. There were also short-lived comebacks in 2007 and 2012.

Source: The Telegraph

Yo, I'll tell you what I want, what I really really want...

:D 

haha...even 2 out of 5 Spice Girls thinks this is a bad idea.  Terrible music back in the 90s ...  not going to be any better 20(!!!!) years later.  

Side note:  Seriously...it has been 20 years?  Friggin A

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

How I wish the Spice Girls would make a comeback. I personally have a feeling that all the girls want a reunion but its Victoria that is not willing because of here designer career and her family responsibilities. Mel B also stated in one of her interviews.