Monday Meetings vs Friday Meetings

Do you prefer Monday meetings or Friday meetings?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer Monday meetings or Friday meetings?

• I prefer Monday meetings
    • I prefer Friday meetings
    • I prefer short daily meetings
    • I prefer bi-weekly meetings
    • I prefer no meetings

Reason I ask is because I'm getting sick of cramming 2-3 days worth of work into Friday, being overworked, exhausted, and ready to start my weekend with a liquor and a pillow, whichever is closer in proximity.  Worst part is knowing your 8 hours are already cut down an hour as well, just to have the stupid meeting itself, and/or put together what you've got going on for the week and plans for the following week.

I would think it'd be more productive to start the week off with wrapping your head around what happened last week and preparing for the week ahead. Am I wrong?

Just now, dead.cell said:

Reason I ask is because I'm getting sick of cramming 2-3 days worth of work into Friday, being overworked, exhausted, and ready to start my weekend with a liquor and a pillow, whichever is closer in proximity.  Worst part is knowing your 8 hours are already cut down an hour as well, just to have the stupid meeting itself, and/or put together what you've got going on for the week and plans for the following week.

I would think it'd be more productive to start the week off with wrapping your head around what happened last week and preparing for the week ahead. Am I wrong?

short daily meetings, but depending on the number of people involved, it might not work.

friday meetings are the worst. you just want to end the week on the high note, clear everything and get ready to enjoy the weekend.

Monday is WAAAAAY better. but i would vote for Thursday (when i have my weekly meetings)

Thursdays are perfect.  not hangover Mondays, or lazy Mondays.... Thursday is when you are at peak capacity, trying to clear ###### up for friday, but not too overworked, because, hey, you still have friday ;)

I always preferred Tues meetings.  Mondays ... can be bad because folks are still getting over the shock/sadness that the weekend is over.  Friday is bad because people are thinking about the weekend.  If I had to choose between Mon/Fri ... it would be Monday though.  Short daily meetings can get old...and can fall victim to the same information getting regurgitated over and over (thus becoming less efficient).

I use to hold short daily meetings, in the morning with my staff (because I was required to do so)...they were held at 730 when it was still quiet (not a lot of patients yet)...and I kept them as a brief as possible.  Best meetings .... quick and to the point regardless of what day it is.

My general mentality towards meetings:

i_survived_another_meeting_that_should_h

I would prefer no meetings at all unless they were absolutely necessary. But between Mondays and Fridays, I guess I would go for a Friday meeting. I'm not going to get any work done anyway, I may as well use the excuse that it was because I was in a meeting. :laugh:

• Like 2

I think it depends on the types of meetings or your position/ responsibilities.

For instance, every morning @ 9:30 my team has a Skype meeting.  
     We are 24/7 and my team spans across the entire globe.
     It is usually a good way to learn mannerisms of people who speak English as a 2nd language to better understand when they send an email or IM & intonation is lost.
Usually pretty quick, things out of the norm are discussed:

Network outages, problems/issues with customer assets, etc
Anything the whole team needs to be privy too but is too important for a mass email.

I think it works pretty good.

My sister is a Sr Security Analyst & Project Mgr w/ JC Penney

She is constantly bogged down with meetings and most of them, she says, are counterproductive and meaningless to everyone in attendance, virtual and/or physical.
She says the only ones that are entertaining is when a Director, or higher, makes it known to everyone in attendance that person is an idiot. :)