Season Pass Question

techbeck

So I have the Season Pass for Fallout 4.  I want to go and buy it online so it downloads/installs while I am at work.  When I go to the site, it lists it as 24.99.  But if I go from my X1, it says it is free.

Question is, if I buy it online from my PC, will I be charged or will it actually recognize I have the season pass?

dipsylalapo

When you say "I want to go and buy it online" what do you mean? Your first sentence suggests that you already have the season pass :s

Are you talking about a specific bit of DLC? If so, it should recognise that you have a season pass and just allow you to download it. I guess that you've already logged into your account on the website? Try buying it and see if it recognises that you have a season pass, there's a few steps between the first page with the DLC details/price and actually parting with your money.

techbeck
1 minute ago, dipsylalapo said:

When you say "I want to go and buy it online" what do you mean? Your first sentence suggests that you already have the season pass :s

Are you talking about a specific bit of DLC? If so, it should recognise that you have a season pass and just allow you to download it. I guess that you've already logged into your account on the website? Try buying it and see if it recognises that you have a season pass, there's a few steps between the first page with the DLC details/price and actually parting with your money.

Shoot, sorry.  Not much sleep last night.  I already have the season pass.  I want to download a DLC that will be free with the season pass but on my PC, it says I will be charged.  On my X1, it says free.  I went to buy but stopped at the final screen where it says I will be charged.

dipsylalapo
1 minute ago, techbeck said:

Shoot, sorry.  Not much sleep last night.  I already have the season pass.  I want to download a DLC that will be free with the season pass but on my PC, it says I will be charged.  On my X1, it says free.  I went to buy but stopped at the final screen where it says I will be charged.

Ha, it's fine I figured that's what you meant ;)

Hm, I've just tried something similar with Sunset Overdrive. I own the season pass but attempted to download an individual bit of DLC, and it looks to try and charge me. May be an issue with how it all works.

techbeck
2 minutes ago, dipsylalapo said:

Ha, it's fine I figured that's what you meant ;)

Hm, I've just tried something similar with Sunset Overdrive. I own the season pass but attempted to download an individual bit of DLC, and it looks to try and charge me. May be an issue with how it all works.

Did you actually buy the DLC and did it charge you? 

Cnónna

have you tried doing it using the smartglass app? on your phone or tablet.

dipsylalapo
5 minutes ago, techbeck said:

Did you actually buy the DLC and did it charge you? 

No I just saw the page where it would charge you if I hit confirm. 

Just did a quick Google search and it seems to be a short sightedness on MS behalf...despite owning the season pass, you're able to purchase individual items from the website and it doesn't see that you own the season pass.

I would probably wait until you get back and buy from the console. 

techbeck
1 minute ago, Cnónna said:

have you tried doing it using the smartglass app? on your phone or tablet.

I search for it in Smartglass but when I click on the DLC, does not show where I can buy/download it.  Just lists the info.

dipsylalapo
Just now, techbeck said:

I search for it in Smartglass but when I click on the DLC, does not show where I can buy/download it.  Just lists the info.

Yeah I was going to suggest the same but tried it first. Needs to be raised with MS ;)

Andrew

Do not hit the buy button, as you could be charged twice.

Most games will have a menu where you can navigate to DLC/Season pass. That is where you must initate the download from. Browsing the individual items on the store does not recognize your season pass license.

techbeck
1 minute ago, Andrew said:

Do not hit the buy button, as you could be charged twice.

Most games will have a menu where you can navigate to DLC/Season pass. That is where you must initate the download from. Browsing the individual items on the store does not recognize your season pass license.

That blows.  Hope they make this an option.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Namerah S
      Control Season Pass is currently on sale on the Epic Games Store
      by Namerah Saud Fatmi

The collective version of the supernatural action-adventure title Control, the Control Season Pass, is currently selling at a discounted price on the Epic Games Store. PC users can purchase the Season Pass for 40% less than its usual price at the moment. The offer is valid for about five days including today and expires next week on Thursday, September 3, 2020.

Those who are interested in the ongoing offer will be happy to know that the Season Pass includes the base game as well as two expansion packs, AWE and The Foundation.

Usually, the Control Season Pass for PC is priced at $14.16. Starting today, this price tag has been slashed to $8.49 - nearly half off. Customers who are interested in buying the discounted pass may do so by visiting the Epic Games Store.

Up until very recently, the PC version of 505 Games and Remedy Entertainment's AAA game was exclusive to the Epic Games Store. This changed about two weeks ago when Control Ultimate Edition was announced for Steam in addition to the other platforms it is already available on, the Epic Games Store, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. A next-gen release for early 2021 was also confirmed.

• By LoneWolfSL
      Firaxis announces a new Civilization VI season pass with new civs, leaders, and more
      by Pulasthi Ariyasinghe

Almost four years after Civilization VI's release, Firaxis Games is bringing in a new season pass for the game. Dubbed the New Frontier Pass, it is bringing a year of new content to the massively popular 4X strategy title through six add-on packs that will release in a bi-monthly schedule.

The New Frontier Pass will cost $39.99, but every add-on pack will be available for purchase individually as well with varying prices. In total, they will bring in eight new civilizations, nine new leaders, six new game modes, as well as fresh city-states, resources, natural wonders, districts, and more. Here's what each month's pack will offer:

Firaxis is enticing players to purchase the complete New Frontier Pass instead of individual packs with a couple of exclusive Persona Packs. Teddy Roosevelt and Catherine De Medici will be transformed to Rough Rider Teddy and Magnificence Catherine, respectively, giving the duo new models, backgrounds, gameplay bonuses, as well as new agendas.

Aside from the six premium DLC, Firaxis will also be delivering six free updates to the title to regular owners of Civilization VI. The studio didn't go into detail regarding these updates, only saying that they will carry balance changes, new content, and "other surprises", releasing in between the add-on packs.

The Civilization VI: New Frontier Pass and free updates will be available on Windows, macOS, Linux, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Nintendo Switch starting May 21. Mobile players can expect to see these releases later this year.

• By LoneWolfSL
      Ubisoft details The Division 2's post-launch free and premium content plans
      by Pulasthi Ariyasinghe

Tom Clancy's The Division 2 is not even released yet but Ubisoft has already laid out what's in store for the game as post-launch updates. An entire year's worth of content was detailed today by the company, heading to all players as free updates, with season pass holders gaining early access akin to other Ubisoft titles.

"Year 1" entails three episodes of free major updates - with smaller updates scattered in between - which are said to expand on the storyline and add new specialization options for players to work towards. With more detailed information to come later, here's how Ubisoft currently describes the three episodes:

The company was also transparent on how it will be further monetizing the game, saying in addition to the season pass, there will be an in-game premium shop for purchasing cosmetic items at launch. Down the line, Ubisoft will be introducing purchasable "Apparel Caches" that also only contain cosmetic items.

As for the season pass itself, its owners will receive seven days of early access to the narrative elements of the aforementioned episodic content. Instead of unlocking through regular gameplay, season pass owners will also receive all specializations instantly, along with eight exclusive assignments, extra projects and bounties, as well as cosmetic items.

The Division 2 is heading to PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4 on March 15. Ubisoft elected to skip Steam this time around, with the game only being available on PC through Uplay and the Epic Games Store. The company is also giving away a free game to those who pre-order the title on PC.

Don't forget that The Division 2 open beta is kicking off on March 1 for those wanting to try the game out beforehand.

• By LoneWolfSL
      Star Control: Origins season pass' first part, Aftermath, is now available
      by Pulasthi Ariyasinghe

The Earth Rising season pass that was announced for Star Control: Origins earlier this month delivered its first chapter today, Aftermath. Arriving as the first of four planned parts, today's release expands on the game's storyline where humanity is now leaving its solar system and expanding its empire to new parts of the galaxy.

Aftermath delivers the new Gloosh alien faction, six major quests, a multitude of new ships, and even a mystery surrounding alien precursor starbases. Here's how Stardock describes the new storyline that players will experience in part one:

Star Control: Origins - Earth Rising season pass is purchasable via Steam for $19.99, with its Aftermath chapter available now. The rest of the season pass - The Lexites, The Syndicate, and Earth Rises - are slated to launch in 2019.

Disclaimer: Neowin's relationship to Stardock

• By Steven P.
      Star Control: Origins - Earth Rising 4-part season pass arrives on Dec 11
      by Steven Parker

The story of Star Control®: Origins™ continues next week with Earth Rising, a 4-part season pass that covers humanity's expansion into the galaxy.

The first part, Aftermath, will release on December 11, 2018. Earth Rising will add dozens of missions, new alien races, and a variety of ships.

Meet the Gloosh, a new hidden power of the Scryve sector.

As Captain of Earth's first interstellar starship, your primary mission is to ensure the safety of Earth from hostile alien forces through a combination of diplomacy and combat skill, while acquiring the materials and technologies Earth needs to begin growing beyond its home solar system.

In the first part, Aftermath, players discover that not every alien is happy about the prospect of an expanding human empire. There are unknown enemies lurking in the shadows seeking to undermine Earth's ambitions, while others begin to react to the recent successes of the Earth captain and his primitive ship.

New map areas are unlocked in Aftermath to explore.

While the expansion adds a great deal of content for those who have already completed the major events of Star Control: Origins, much of the new content greatly expands the richness of the Star Control universe for first-time players, including many new side-quests, new alien species, and new ships to recruit.

Not everyone is pleased with the rapid ascension of the primitive humans from Sol III.

Star Control: Origins - Earth Rising is $19.99 with part 1, Aftermath available on December 11. Part 2 will be released this Winter, part 3 this Spring and part 4 this Summer, to learn more visit www.starcontrol.com.

Disclaimer: Neowin's relationship to Stardock