Website Design Going Free

Question

Given some recent events, I'm reviewing how Studio-X does a few things. After a very kind donation of some server space from a fellow member who happens to share my view regarding helping others, I've decided that the first thing I'm going to do is take the opportunity to redesign the Studio-X site.

This means that the current design is going. If anyone wants it, just shout. I have the complete Photoshop PSD file(s) so changing logos etc for your own tastes will take seconds. (The logo is just one slice.) The PSD is sliced to give good editing capabilities, etc. The entire site colour can be changed just by adding a Hue/Saturation adjustment layer to the PSD file. CSS file(s) will also be included.

Any takers will have no need to link back to me, or even mention me at all. Do with it as you will, as long as you do not attempt to the sell the design in any form whatsoever, including as a template. That is not what my work is about.

Just shout if you want it.

I should be ready to release it within 2 to 3 days when I get the new design done and transfer to the new host.

I will also include the current pages so that you can see how I used tables, etc within the layout. What I won't be able to do is support you in your own installation. You'll already have everything you need.

View The Design

I'll have it!

edit: Just wanted to get first reply. I would greatly appreciate having this template, as it will help me advance and learn from how a "Professional" template is made/sliced/coded. If you donated this to me I would greatly appreciate it and kindly offer you any free space or e-mail accounts in the future

Regards,

Encryption.

No worries. I was going to limit it to first come - first serve but I don't think that would be fair. Some may only use it to learn from, for example. Some may butcher it from its current state to be totally unrecognisable. So, I think anyone should be entitled to it.

I feel confident that almost everyone who takes it will make something unique of it in some way.

Rest assured that anyone who wants it will receive it. Just give me a day or two to knock a new one together.

No worries. I was going to limit it to first come - first serve but I don't think that would be fair. Some may only use it to learn from, for example. Some may butcher it from its current state to be totally unrecognisable. So, I think anyone should be entitled to it.

I feel confident that almost everyone who takes it will make something unique of it in some way.

Rest assured that anyone who wants it will receive it. Just give me a day or two to knock a new one together.

Greatly Appreciated dude, you'll help me with my website more than you know it :)

The PSD is only 4.02MB, unzipped. I would imagine by the time I've put everything in, including just one or two image placeholders so takers can see how the tables are placed, sample html files and such like it will be around 4MB when zipped.

I have a fatband connection so I don't really mind how it's transmitted. I won't put it on the studio-x site as that has a pathetic NTL restricted 28kb ul/dl speed restriction. Imagine that!

I'll either put it on my new webspace or I can Messenger or I can mail it, or I can... Pretty much leave it to you guys to tell me how you prefer to receive it.

EDIT: Just so you guys can plan your own time a little better, I will release it all on Friday Noon GMT whether I'm done or not with my new design. (I'm confident that I will be.) I just don't want to release my current design until, well, until it's not my current design any more.

Hope that helps.

The PSD is only 4.02MB, unzipped. I would imagine by the time I've put everything in, including just one or two image placeholders so takers can see how the tables are placed, sample html files and such like it will be around 4MB when zipped.

I have a fatband connection so I don't really mind how it's transmitted. I won't put it on the studio-x site as that has a pathetic NTL restricted 28kb ul/dl speed restriction. Imagine that!

I'll either put it on my new webspace or I can Messenger or I can mail it, or I can... Pretty much leave it to you guys to tell me how you prefer to receive it.

If you would like, you could upload it to my webserver, and let people download it from there, I have enough bandwidth to go round...

If you would like, you could upload it to my webserver, and let people download it from there, I have enough bandwidth to go round...

Thank you. I'll certainly consider that. The more options the better.

studio Pm me your MSN addy and we can do it through there

Just add junkbin_409@hotmail.com to yer Messenger and that'll be me!

Warning: I have a habit of leaving my status as online when in fact I'm sat downstairs stuffing my face with chocolate muffins. So if I don't reply immediately, I'm not being rude.

u can juss open up an account on netfirms or somethin for free and upload it there

this is what u get free:

25 MB of Disk Space

1 GB Monthly Data Transfer

Microsoft FrontPage Exts. & Perl (CGI-Bin)

24/7 FTP Access

I'd be interested in having it also. I'd also be willing to provide another link for people to download it. Thanks.

Thank you also. The more mirrors the better I guess.

That is a fantastic idea. I love the support of a design being embraced in the community for learning and design purposes.

Great work SniperX. Love the design as well.

I would also like to have it :)... as if you dont have enough already... Ill mirror it as well :)

Chill Out, Be Groovy,

--GotoLamia--

OK. We'll I've done my new design, just adding content now. So certainly on schedule for releasing it tomorrow as planned.

Just not quite sure how to release it yet. I don't want everyone hitting my server space at once so I'll need to organise one or two key mirrors to assist at start. If anyone wants to PM me some FTP details, I can release it simultaneously to the mirrors at the same time to ease the burden.

Thanks in advance...

S.