All these fitness wearable devices - any purely for productivity?

I'm seeing all these smart watches and wristbands for fitness reasons, but so far, am yet to see anything for productivity, e.g focused on notifications: vibrations, reply to messages quickly, etc.

Do any exist?

3 minutes ago, Jack W said:

focused on notifications: vibrations, reply to messages quickly, etc.

Well, my apple watch does this!?

Just now, Nik L said:

Well, my apple watch does this!?

Ehh, I don't have any Apple devices :p I'm thinking maybe more OS-independent, like Fibit, Garmin, etc. Nothing directly Microsoft, Apple or Google.

• Like 1

A colleague at work has a Garmin device that is OS agnostic - so it will pair with whatever phone you have.  But I think the thing here is that Fitbit, Garmin etc - their business is sports devices, so that's their primary focus.  However, it handles notifications really nicely.

1 minute ago, Nik L said:

A colleague at work has a Garmin device that is OS agnostic - so it will pair with whatever phone you have.  But I think the thing here is that Fitbit, Garmin etc - their business is sports devices, so that's their primary focus.  However, it handles notifications really nicely.

Yeah, I've just been trying to find one recently; I really don't care for the health/fitness features at all, I just want something that can subtly alert me to all notifications, so that my phone can be completely silent with vibrate off, yet my wrist still gets a small vibration with an alert. I will have a look a little more in-depth at Garmin, but I have a feeling it won't support every notification.

A guy I work with, he has a Moto 360 (2nd Gen) and I'm pretty sure he can have his phone set to silent yet his watch vibrates etc for notifications. Only reason I know if because an update at one point broke this but I'm pretty sure he eventually got it back to how he wanted it.

4 hours ago, Skiver said:

A guy I work with, he has a Moto 360 (2nd Gen) and I'm pretty sure he can have his phone set to silent yet his watch vibrates etc for notifications. Only reason I know if because an update at one point broke this but I'm pretty sure he eventually got it back to how he wanted it.

Interesting. Now here comes the classic Windows Phone disappointment... Moto 360 doesn't work on W10M, as far as I know. In fact, thinking about it, I don't think full notification support for bluetooth devices is coming until the Anniversary update.

Hello,

Wouldn't any of the devices in the smart watch category (Apple Watch, Fossil Q, Huawei Smart Watch,     LG Watch, Moto 360, Samsung Gear, etc.) meet your needs?  Or does it have to be a smaller, fitness band-sized device?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

1 minute ago, goretsky said:

Hello,

Wouldn't any of the devices in the smart watch category (Apple Watch, Fossil Q, Huawei Smart Watch,     LG Watch, Moto 360, Samsung Gear, etc.) meet your needs?  Or does it have to be a smaller, fitness band-sized device?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Nothing Apple works on Windows, so Apple Watch would be out of the question regardless. I don't need anything fancy, a nice looking screen, where I can get a vibration of new notifications etc.