Papa John's or Domino's?

Pizza preference!  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Papa John's or Domino's?

• Papa John's
    • Domino's
    • Neither (leave a reply!)

17 minutes ago, Pam14160 said:

Pizza is Pizza. . .no matter where you buy it. . .To me it all taste the same. . .:yes:

You need to try a real pizza joint and not a chain then, good pizza tastes much better than generic chain crap, heck Digiorno tastes better than most chain crap 

20 minutes ago, Pam14160 said:

Pizza is Pizza. . .no matter where you buy it. . .To me it all taste the same. . .:yes:

Really? I find almost every pizza from different places tastes different. :o 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Jack W said:

Really? I find almost every pizza from different places tastes different. :o 

But no matter what they look like or how they taste, the pizza is a gift by God to humanity. The Joy is always the same. :happy:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tuskd said:

But no matter what they look like or how they taste, the pizza is a gift by God to humanity. The Joy is always the same. :happy:

Very true. Pizza > life > work. Don't tell @Steven P.I put pizza before Neowin. :rolleyes:

10 minutes ago, Jack W said:

Very true. Pizza > life > work. Don't tell @Steven P.I put pizza before Neowin. :rolleyes:

Um, if you didn't want @StevenP to know about that, then why post it?  I'm just sayin'. :D

2 minutes ago, robertwnielsen said:

Um, if you didn't want @StevenP to know about that, then why post it?  I'm just sayin'. :D

Test to see how reactive he is to his notifications :p

If I had to choose, Domino's even though  it is not my first thought on Pizza nights. We have 2 pizza joints near me far better than both these franchise pizza joints; Domino's and Papa John. Metro Pizza and Rosati's put them both to shame. But for the sake of the survey, Domino's rules.

Cocco's in Aston PA. Full fledged pizza pub with a wide selection of awesome yummy stuff, and a bar.

On 5/21/2016 at 11:00 AM, Pork Chopper said:

I'll take my pizza from my local pizza joint.  Can't beat a thin crust pizza made by Mexicans.  Mexicans are the new Italians. :-)

Can't stomach John Schnatter's political leanings.

This. Both are the McDonald's of the pizza industry but keep politics out of it. :/

1 minute ago, Draconian Guppy said:

depends, dominoes used to have all you can eat for $7 in restaurant only.

Dominos? Isn't dominos basically a take out place, I've never seen one with a restaurant area.

5 minutes ago, xendrome said:

Dominos? Isn't dominos basically a take out place, I've never seen one with a restaurant area.

spain and central america, we have restaurants.

• Like 1

Out of the two, I will say Domino's only because I haven't and can't order Papa John's (no such thing here.)

But I agree with the idea that if given a choice, I would go to my nearest Italian joint and get a pizza from them instead. The Domino's the other night was tasty, but good lord I found myself downing water throughout the night. The amount of salt!

I believe that Pizza Hut has buffet and restaurant, also, I see Pizza Inn has buffet or restaurant depend on locations.

Well, I had always eat pizza from Domino's.

But, one day maybe, I will taste a pizza from Papa John (the first restaurant in France has open near my place 3 days ago...)

I've never tried Papa Johns but I love Domino's with all my heart.

Large stuffed crust, pepperoni, chicken, spicy beef, requito chilli's and large tub of garlic... dream!!:drool:

4 minutes ago, game_over said:

I've never tried Papa Johns but I love Domino's with all my heart.

Large stuffed crust, pepperoni, chicken, spicy beef, requito chilli's and large tub of garlic... dream!!:drool:

Gotta admit, Domino's garlic dip is better than Papa John's. I cannot stand Papa John's garlic dip.

On 5/21/2016 at 11:25 AM, Nerd Rage said:

I agree with most here that they are both lackluster, but if I had to choose, it would be Papa Johns.....because of the Garlic Sauce that comes with the pizza.

Which is there for dippage - and is standard fare (and has been); it's included with every pizza.  (In fact, it's something that few locals do except for an extra charge - Domino's and Pizza Hut don't even offer it.)

For that reason, I prefer Papa John's when I have a hunger for a thick-crust pizza (stuffed-crust or not); the garlic-butter for dippage definitely hits the spot.