Alien: Covenant - Prometheus 2

Looks nice, I think the original title fits as well, knowing now what the movie is generally about, new group of human settlers going to a new planet "paradise", to live their lives etc.     Wonder why the name change?

I was neutral at first to even put this on my movie list but as time goes on, I want more and more to see it. 

others have mentioned that the centre top part of the poster looks like the head part of an Alien queen, i wonder if they will explore some more of the hives structure over Aliens

A side note... it looks like there is going to be a movie to see every week of May. I wonder why all these studios decided to release their movies in that specific month? Especially when most of them would share audiences.

Guardians of the Galaxy

King Arthur

Alien

Pirates

Baywatch

I feel like there is another one I'm missing. Also in June there's Wonder Woman, Transformers, and the new Mummy.

While I want to see all of these movies I will realistically only be able to have the time to see two of them at most.

8 hours ago, trag3dy said:

A side note... it looks like there is going to be a movie to see every week of May. I wonder why all these studios decided to release their movies in that specific month? Especially when most of them would share audiences.

Guardians of the Galaxy

King Arthur

Alien

Pirates

Baywatch

I feel like there is another one I'm missing. Also in June there's Wonder Woman, Transformers, and the new Mummy.

While I want to see all of these movies I will realistically only be able to have the time to see two of them at most.

For the studios it's really a question of, which month do you think gives you a better chance to make more money, the month with GotG2 or the month with WW in it? 

34 minutes ago, George P said:

For the studios it's really a question of, which month do you think gives you a better chance to make more money, the month with GotG2 or the month with WW in it? 

You think WW is expected to be that big? 

I mean sure I plan to go see it but that's more just because my daughter is excited by all the Marvel and DC movies, if it wasn't for that I'd probably just wait for it to appear on something like Sky Movies.

GotG2 and Alien are pretty much the only two movies other then that I honestly have intentions of going to see.

1 hour ago, Skiver said:

You think WW is expected to be that big? 

I mean sure I plan to go see it but that's more just because my daughter is excited by all the Marvel and DC movies, if it wasn't for that I'd probably just wait for it to appear on something like Sky Movies.

GotG2 and Alien are pretty much the only two movies other then that I honestly have intentions of going to see.

Yes I do, unless there are catastrophically negative reviews, something I don't expect, out of the two I think WW will make more at the box office than GotG2.  It's the first female superhero centric solo movie and it's also one of the best known and iconic characters, it has a number of factors going for it and that boost it's draw.   With a good review score I don't see how it doesn't make $1b globally at the box office.  

8 minutes ago, George P said:

Yes I do, unless there are catastrophically negative reviews, something I don't expect, out of the two I think WW will make more at the box office than GotG2.  It's the first female superhero centric solo movie and it's also one of the best known and iconic characters, it has a number of factors going for it and that boost it's draw.   With a good review score I don't see how it doesn't make $1b globally at the box office.  

I don't doubt it will do well at the box office, but I put that down to more the people like me who will go see it because it's a DC movie regardless of any reviews.

I honestly don't have high expectations for it and IMO I certainly don't anticipate it doing better than GotG2.

• 2 weeks later...

^ just like only predator 1 was a classic & 2 was good, but the rest were just below average.

make too many sequels / prequels and the stories aren't captivating as the previous ones.

acting and plots seem to get worse or become generic.

this movie however looks good from the trailers, maybe better than the first.

15 hours ago, Slarlac249 said:

^ just like only predator 1 was a classic & 2 was good, but the rest were just below average.

make too many sequels / prequels and the stories aren't captivating as the previous ones.

acting and plots seem to get worse or become generic.

this movie however looks good from the trailers, maybe better than the first.

It seems to be a standard thing these days... Once you get past a second sequel, actors start phoning the role in...

From what I understand, the new Predator movie picks up after the original, so you could say the rest didn't happen.

On 2017-03-20 at 9:17 PM, George P said:

I don't think he's trolling, the studio is letting him do what he wants it seems so he's going to keep making these movies in this universe he helped create to begin with, hopefully expanding it more.  I'd love another aliens video game, last one was great IMO.

Last Alien video game was pretty good. Loved it.

11 hours ago, warwagon said:

Prologue Wooohoo!!!!

It's the missing link between Prometheus and Covenant! It's like watching a cut ending ofPrometheus all these years after or going to the movies on the 18th and watching the beginning three weeks ahead of time!

Hands down, this is the best freebie Hollywood has ever made. It's going to heat up the potential audience nicely.

This is pretty cool.

6 hours ago, Mirumir said:

It's the missing link between Prometheus and Covenant! It's like watching a cut ending ofPrometheus all these years after or going to the movies on the 18th and watching the beginning three weeks ahead of time!

Hands down, this is the best freebie Hollywood has ever made. It's going to heat up the potential audience nicely.

YES!

What the heck does he say at the very end?  I can't make it all out.  

5 hours ago, George P said:

What the heck does he say at the very end?  I can't make it all out.  

"Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"

From Ozymandias.

It appears the Engineers are going to have a really bad day when David arrives!

• Like 2