Alien: Covenant - Prometheus 2

On 4/27/2017 at 4:45 PM, LakeRat said:

It appears the Engineers are going to have a really bad day when David arrives!

Is David the robot? How do you know he wants to destroy them?

11 minutes ago, warwagon said:

Is David the robot? How do you know he wants to destroy them?

Yes. The cargo hold he opened has all the black goo hanging there ready to be dropped on to the engineers. There was a photo of this released a few days back with David overlooking the opening in the ship and the vases being dropped like bombs from it.

I would've/would love a true sequel to the original 2 alien movies, dropped 3 and 4 like they didn't happen, that's what they should've done to begin with.  Just shows you how a studio can get in the way and mess things up royally.    The first 2 were hits, the other ones spiraled out of control.

• Like 1

I'm just gonna say that while 1 was an astounding film, 2 was a perfect action movie; I really enjoyed the bleak, introspective direction they took 3 and 4, while being a prototype for Firefly's characters thanks to Joss, it was an enjoyable film which I wish had the follow-up they had planned.

Those awful crossover movies deserve to be ignored, but I'm enjoying Ridley's (mis)direction with these.

8 hours ago, George P said:

I would've/would love a true sequel to the original 2 alien movies, dropped 3 and 4 like they didn't happen, that's what they should've done to begin with.  Just shows you how a studio can get in the way and mess things up royally.    The first 2 were hits, the other ones spiraled out of control.

Yeah, too bad we probably won't ever see that film Neill Blomkamp was wanting to do..

• Like 2

On 2017-04-30 at 4:05 AM, George P said:

The director's cut of 3 is a good movie. The 4th can go to hell.

26 minutes ago, TDT said:

All this talk about the Alien movies, but I only got one question: will we ever see Ripley again? :(

IIRC aren't these all prequels?

1 hour ago, Draconian Guppy said:

IIRC aren't these all prequels?

No idea, that's why I said "ever" :p I stopped watching everything Alien related after the original movies. Before these I read the books, I was fascinated by them, and the movies were as they should. Then they released other abominations that I refuse to watch. I did see Prometheus, but this is something different. Anyway, I really hope that somewhere down the line, in all these movies that they plan, I'll get to see her again.

2 hours ago, TDT said:

All this talk about the Alien movies, but I only got one question: will we ever see Ripley again? :(

Ridley Scott: Neill Blomkamp’s Alien 5 is never going to happen

Speaking to AlloCiné while promoting Alien: Covenant, the second prequel in the series following Prometheus,

Scott was asked about Blomkamp’s project and said that Alien’s studio backers, Fox, “didn’t want to do it”.

“There was never a script,” he said. “It was an idea that evolved from, I believe, a 10-page pitch, and I was meant to be the producer on that. And it didn’t evolve. Fox decided that they didn’t want to do it and that was it.”

When asked directly if Alien 5 was ever going to happen, Scott said: “I don’t think so, no.”

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2017/may/02/ridley-scott-alien-5-covenant-neill-blomkamp

Doesn't seem like it unfortunately. 

10 hours ago, FunkyMike said:

It might be possible but right now we're in the process of filling in the time between Prometheus and the original Alien, so who knows when they're going to do a "true" sequel or not?

Well, youtube reviews are starting to come out now, so if you guys have interest you can check those out.

On 5/5/2017 at 0:27 AM, TDT said:

I bet we will somewhere down the road...starring the digital Sigourney Weaver, mostly likely after the actress pass's away.

3 minutes ago, Mirumir said:

I bet we will somewhere down the road...starring the digital Sigourney Weaver, mostly likely after the actress pass's away.

Oh god no, not unless we're at really great CGI, the stuff in Rogue One was ok but you could still tell right away that Tarkin was all CGI.  We're just not at that level yet.  Also if you follow the story of where 2 left off of, and all the time she was in cryosleep, then to get to Ripley from where this movie is, we're talking quite the jump in time.

Just now, George P said:

Oh god no, not unless we're at really great CGI, the stuff in Rogue One was ok but you could still tell right away that Tarkin was all CGI.  We're just not at that level yet.  Also if you follow the story of where 2 left off of, and all the time she was in cryosleep, then to get to Ripley from where this movie is, we're talking quite the jump in time.

I hated the CGI version of Princess Leia....that creepy smile at the end ruined the whole experience for me.

11 minutes ago, Mirumir said:

I hated the CGI version of Princess Leia....that creepy smile at the end ruined the whole experience for me.

Don't worry, there will be a re-release with updated cgi characters in a few years. :p That's a Star Wars guarantee. :shifty:

2 hours ago, Louisifer said:

Don't worry, there will be a re-release with updated cgi characters in a few years. :p That's a Star Wars guarantee. :shifty:

"The mastering re-master of the masterful version"

Alien: Covenant Sequel May Not Be Titled Awakening

During a recent conversation with the director at IGN, Scott spoke to the future of the franchise following the release of Alien: Covenant, making it clear that he is currently working on the script for another sequel that he plans to being filming within the next fourteen months. In addition, Scott further commented on the now defunct Alien 5 project created by Neill Blomkamp – which was apparently slated to be titled Awakening. Setting the record straight, Scott explained:

“They wanted to do Alien, er, Awakening – Neill Blomkamp. I said fine. I was going to be the producer. If I could have, I would have. Except I do question – why have both [Blomkamp’s Alien and Scott’s Alien] out there? It seems like shooting your big toe off – it doesn’t make sense. But they didn’t go forward with it, Fox, so I just kind of kept out of it. I mean, I’d literally ignited this thing to bring it off the ground again, because it was lying there dormant on a shelf. I had this thing to bring it back up – but here we are.”

Viewers who might have liked to see Blomkamp – most famous for his 2009 directorial debut District 9 – take a turn at the Alien franchise may be taken aback by Scott’s curt dismissal of the canned project. Furthermore, Awakening can now potentially be put to bed as the title of Scott’s sequel to Alien: Covenant.

Until more information comes to light, it would appear that Alien: Covenant may not be followed by a movie called Awakening after all. On that note, here’s to hoping for the very best from Scott and company as things continue to develop behind the scenes of the forthcoming franchise production.