New Top Gear (2016) - Hit or miss?

New Top Gear (2016) - Hit or miss?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• Yes
    • No
    • Couldn't care less

12 minutes ago, FloatingFatMan said:

I'm done with this show now, sad to say.  Evans is just too irritating to tolerate for long without REALLY wanting to smack him in the face with a two by four, and though I kinda like LeBlanc, I get a strong vibe that what we're seeing is Matt LeBlanc acting the role of a presenter, instead of Matt LeBlanc presenting, if you know what I mean...  I'd like to see some of his own personality, please...

I got the same impression, but still does a better job then Evans.

I just can't stand Evans, I really didn't know any of his previous work before, but hes the most annoying person I seen on TV recently.

I'm enjoying it. I like Evans, LeBlanc and most of the other presenters.

I'm sure I'll also enjoy The Grand Tour (Y)

I've watched all 5 episodes of Top Gear so far to give the show a fair chance, I don't think ill tune in after this series is over. It's just not entertaining to me anymore.

I can honestly say I enjoyed this two minute YouTube clip more than any episode so far:

It's too early to say really, I've found that you really need a serie or two to get an idea of how good it will be and to give them time to gel, but I will admit that I don't think Chris is right for the job, Matt seems alright though, if after two series and things don't pick up then there is problems.

Ask and thou shalt receive.

Let's see what they can do without!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, dipsylalapo said:

Bye! 

5 minutes ago, dipsylalapo said:

Think it was only a matter of time ... but good for him.  Wish him the best in his future endeavors.

It just wasn't his type of show, as much as he loves cars, it just wasn't enough. He's good doing his "One Show" thing has he's reigned in a lot, and things like TFI Friday were more energetic and his cup of tea.

I hope this doesn't cause him to step back because he can still be a very entertaining man, just TG wasn't for him.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MikeChipshop said:

It just wasn't his type of show, as much as he loves cars, it just wasn't enough. He's good doing his "One Show" thing has he's reigned in a lot, and things like TFI Friday were more energetic and his cup of tea.

I hope this doesn't cause him to step back because he can still be a very entertaining man, just TG wasn't for him.

Yeah he definitely didn't suit Top Gear and unfortunately\fortunately his performance has put me firmly into the dislike camp now.

Looking forward to the other presenters being able to get on and present. Not seen the last 2 episodes but enjoyed most pieces without his shouty overexcited voice.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, FloatingFatMan said:

Excellent news. Now, we just need someone to tell LeBlanc to stop acting and start presenting and we might actually have a viable show.

I don't know. I like his presentation style. Him along with Rory and Chris would be really good I feel.

• Like 2