Introducing GOG Connect

Introducing GOG Connect

Connect your Steam account and grow or jumpstart your GOG.com library.

You own the games, so why buy them more than once?

How does GOG Connect work?

To connect your library with GOG.com, sign in to your active Steam account via this page. You'll be able to import all the games listed below to your GOG.com library – assuming you own them.

The eligible games are limited-time offers made possible by participating developers and publishers, so stay tuned for more games to come.

You can connect only one Steam account with your GOG.com library. This process is permanent – choose wisely!

Learn more about this process »

https://www.gog.com/connect

-----

Past and present games listed here:

https://www.gogwiki.com/wiki/GOG_Connect

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This is indeed awesome, but sadly, none of the games I own on Steam are eligible right now. Might connect the two accounts in the future. 

On a side note, what happens if one of your accounts gets hacked (either GOG or Steam)? It would mean the person who has grabbed your account has access to both libraries. Plus, you'll have to probably re-link it if you have to change your password. 

11 minutes ago, Sszecret said:

This is indeed awesome, but sadly, none of the games I own on Steam are eligible right now. Might connect the two accounts in the future. 

On a side note, what happens if one of your accounts gets hacked (either GOG or Steam)? It would mean the person who has grabbed your account has access to both libraries. Plus, you'll have to probably re-link it if you have to change your password. 

both sites offer 2 factor authentication might be worthwhile firing it on,

dosen't Ubisoft already connect to your steam account if you've bought a Ubi game on steam and am sure there are others as well.

Edited by Cnónna

Just tried this out (awesome thing to do by the way), and I just do not think I have any eligible games as it just keeps spinning saying processing request and then eventually says it could not reach the service.

I will try later on tonight when I get home, I am at work so perhaps this is why.

1 minute ago, DirtyLarry said:

Just tried this out (awesome thing to do by the way), and I just do not think I have any eligible games as it just keeps spinning saying processing request and then eventually says it could not reach the service.

I will try later on tonight when I get home, I am at work so perhaps this is why.

T&C mention "The API used for this process supports a limited amount of calls on any given day. You may be placed in a queue before your accounts are connected."

Just now, Cnónna said:

T&C mention "The API used for this process supports a limited amount of calls on any given day. You may be placed in a queue before your accounts are connected."

Thanks for the info. That is probably exactly what it is. I will just try it again either later on tonight or another day. 

4 hours ago, DirtyLarry said:

Thanks for the info. That is probably exactly what it is. I will just try it again either later on tonight or another day. 

that's it finally found my titles. 8 in all for me. :D

since this is going to be an ongoing feature on GOG (they're words not mine "so stay tuned for more games to come.")any chance of having this pinned  along the lines of the EA origin games on the house thread? specially handy for alerting others to new titles being added.

How great is GOG (and CDPR)? Even if you don't dig "The Witcher" series you have to appreciate how they do business, especially when compared the the utter incompetency and indifference so many other gaming company display.

2 hours ago, Danielx64 said:

Trying to connect but I'm having issues :(

it takes some time to come through, I started just after I first replied to this thread, and it finally finished when I posted about it finding my 8 titles.

that was some 5ish hours for me.

Now i'm getting:

YOUR ACCOUNTS ARE BEING CONNECTED

Due to exceedingly high demand this may take up to several days, please check back later. Thank you for your patience.

Now the waiting game begins

4 hours ago, Danielx64 said:

Now i'm getting:

YOUR ACCOUNTS ARE BEING CONNECTED

Due to exceedingly high demand this may take up to several days, please check back later. Thank you for your patience.

Now the waiting game begins

I was getting you've no games that qualify, just as you said it's a waiting game.

can see the next offering from GOG having users sit in a queue on gog's end to improve the experience, just like when they give away titles every now and again.

mind if they where trying to DDos steam they are going about it the right way :D

Mine went from 5 to 6 games in a few hours, nothing I intend to play anytime soon but some GOG versions come with soundtracks which costs extra on steam. :) 

2 minutes ago, Danielx64 said:

24 hours later and still waiting.

Did you try refreshing? You don't actually have to keep the page open once the process has started.

4 minutes ago, Andrew said:

"16 games added to your library!" (Y):D Annoying that you need to have a public Steam profile for it to work though (N)

You can set it back to private afterwards I think.

Just now, Luc2k said:

You can set it back to private afterwards I think.

Yeah I have, but it's a pain switching back and forth.

i wonder if this would affect me who have mutually exclusive gog & steam game library?

i wont purchase games from steam if its also available at gog.