Posted 7:41am Tue 7th Jun 2016 by Anthony Bacchus

dx2hBfX.jpg?1

Put it in your calendar

In a day already brimming with E3 leaks, the release date for Watch_Dogs 2 -- Ubisoft's anticipated stealth-action sequel -- has just been revealed.

As indicated by the above image, a site banner over on IGN shows a release date of November 15th, 2016. It appears to have been uploaded a day early before the world reveal of Watch Dogs 2 on June 8th. Clicking the banner link directs the user right to Ubisoft's main website for the game where a countdown clock ticks down to the inevitable reveal trailer.

Continues...

-----

Official Announcements:

Everything we know about Watch Dogs 2

Today's 20-minute reveal in byte-size form.

By Tom Phillips Published 08/06/2016

After all the leaks, Watch Dogs 2 is now officially out in the open.

Ubisoft's open world hackathon sequel is brighter and busier than the original, and swaps the dark, rainy streets of Chicago for sunny San Francisco and its surrounding bay area. Not only does this change bring a much-needed sense of fun to the game, but it also allows for more recognisable surroundings: from the Golden Gate Bridge to Pier 39, and from the cities' steep sloping roads to the open waters of its bay.

There's a new main character, too - Marcus Holloway. He's younger and cooler than grumpy Watch Dogs 1 bloke Aiden Pearce. Holloway has the potential to bring a new point of view to the franchise, as a non-white character brought up in the ethnically-diverse Oakland - across the bay from San Francisco - and the victim of profiling due to his race.

Watch Dogs 2 has the makings of an improved sequel, then, although firm details on the game's story are still under-wraps. Information on how Watch Dogs' enjoyable multiplayer mechanics have been updated is also currently classified.

So, what else do we know? You can watch the highlights from Ubisoft's Watch Dogs reveal stream below, as well as some salient points we've gleaned - and which you may have missed.

Continues...

Watch the Watch Dogs 2 reveal livestream

I am a bit optimistic about WD2... Why? Well they kind of fudged up the first game and with Ubisoft reputation on not delivering on time, delaying game release dates which I perfectly understand their actions. But even when it was officially released and they said that they resolved the glitches and the bugs. There was still issues with the game. I think they will base WD2 around The Division Engine. And anybody who players The Division will know that the engine isn't perfect. It has huge potential but it's so buggy.

You never know we might be completely blown away by what Ubisoft has to officer. I'm kind if excited but we Ubisoft reputation for creating over bloated games that ended up being disappointing...? I will leave it at that.

Will I buy it and pre order WD2. A high probability indeed.

I actually liked the first one.

I'm not saying I thought it was perfect but I thought it was a good game overall and enjoyed playing through it at the time.  Right or wrong, I chalked a lot of it's problems up to the fact that it wasn't really a next-gen game having to support last gen hardware since it launched on the PS3 and Xbox 360 too.  If 2 is strictly current gen then that should hopefully untie the devs hands a lot.  I'm hopeful that this game will be really good.

4 hours ago, George P said:

As long as the driving is better in this version then I'm happy.

I agree, it was like learning to drive for the first time all over again. It was a horrible experience. :)

14 hours ago, George P said:

As long as the driving is better in this version then I'm happy.

Seemed like it followed the trend for a lot of open world games in that it was nearly impossible to destroy your car without going off a ledge.  Only worse, because front end damage pretty much never happened.

I didn't think it was really that bad overall, just silly.

• 4 months later...

Watch Dogs 2 PC Specs and System Requirements Revealed

Minimum

Supported OS – (64-bit versions only)
Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, Windows 10

Processor: Intel Core i5 2400S @ 2.5 GHz | AMD FX 6120 @ 3.5 GHz

RAM: 6GB

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 (2GB) | AMD Radeon HD 7870 (2GB) or better

Hard Disk Space: 50 GB

Peripherals: Windows-compatible keyboard and mouse, Microsoft Xbox One Controller, Dual Shock 4 Controller

Multiplayer: 256 Kbps or faster broadband connection

Recommended

Supported OS – (64-bit versions only)
Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, Windows 10

Processor: Intel Core i5 3470 @ 3.2GHz | AMD FX 8120 @ 3.9 GHz

RAM: 8GB

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 (3GB) | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 (4GB) | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (3GB) or better | AMD Radeon R9 290 (4GB) or better

Hard Disk Space: 50 GB

Peripherals: Windows-compatible keyboard and mouse, Microsoft Xbox One controller, Dual Shock 4 controller

Multiplayer: 256 Kbps or faster broadband connection

Game was also pushed back to November 29th

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/20/2016 at 0:30 PM, Andrew said:

Game was also pushed back to November 29th

Oh really?  Huh.  I'm kinda hoping to not buy this one until I build my Zen.  WD1 took a few too many patches to perform well :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I like this game, but the duality of its content is bizarre.

On one hand, the serious implications of everything they're doing, violence (you can play non-lethal of course) 'militant hackers' and all that.

On the other, the group is cornball frathouse...enjoyable characters, but they just don't fit the other side.

I like that there's less things to hack just to be a creep in this one.  It seems like the original had a whole lot of weird content in there just because no one told them to stop making it. Definitely a better game overall.

Driving feels better too, though you still can plow through almost everything with no car damage. Which is fun, but still weird.