E3 2016 Sony Press Conference Discussion

Have just been watching. New IP everywhere!!!

RE7, about bloody time it went back to horror. Can't wait for it in VR.

Also can't believe Kojima got Reedus onto his new project. Legit shock!

Anyway time for sleep. Thanks Sony for trimming so much corporate crap. Shortest E3 ever from them.

Sony nailed it. For the first time since Playstation 2 I might have to consider getting a console.

God of War

Resident Evil

Horizon: Zero Dawn

Days Gone

Death Stranding, Hideo Kojima's new IP

Final Fantasy XV

Spiderman

And one that actually surprised was the footage of the new Call of Duty game. A bunch of amazing looking games.

Edited by trag3dy

1 hour ago, trag3dy said:

Sony nailed it. For the first time since Playstation 2 I might have to consider getting a console.

I did not plan to buy a console this gen but if the new God of War is good along with Horizon added to that the new Uncharted i'll surely buy the new more powerful model­.

1 minute ago, LaP said:

I did not plan to buy a console this gen but if the new God of War is good along with Horizon added to that the new Uncharted i'll surely buy the new more powerful model­.

That's what I was thinking too. I also don't care about VR. Just putting that out there. I think it's a gimmick just like motion controls and so far nothing has convinced me otherwise.

1 hour ago, trag3dy said:

And one that actually surprised was the footage of the new Call of Duty game. A bunch of amazing looking games.

I must admit first time i'm excited for a Call of Duty game since a looonnngggg time. it legitimately looks good. The concept on paper looked like a bad idea but it looks like they nailed it. I hope there's a lot of flying mission. If 20-25% of the game is flying and if the flying part is well done i'm sold.

1 minute ago, LaP said:

I must admit first time i'm excited for a Call of Duty game since a looonnngggg time. it legitimately looks good. The concept on paper looked like a bad idea but it looks like they nailed it. I hope there's a lot of flying mission.

Yeah, and the combat in space looked pretty solid, with the grappling hook and melee kills.

Also this should have had its turn at the conference!

GR2, Persona 5 and Ni No Kuni 2 are JRPG delights.

For me the biggest new reveal was God of War.  It looks AMAZING though it's going to be odd if they're going to call him Kratos still and on screen the "Spartan rage" thing seemed out of place... why not just rename him a Nordic name call it "Berserker rage" or something.  Still looks great though.

Horizon Zero Dawn is still my overall favorite from the show but it's big reveal was last year.

Days Gone looked good in the initial tease as a post apocalyptic bike riding bounty hunter game... but then lost me with the whole zombie thing.  I'm done with zombie games but if zombies are still your thing it looks like a good game.

Crash Bandicoot and Spiderman I'll keep an eye on.  The rest wasn't of much interest to me but that's just reflective of my personal taste in games not anything Sony did wrong.

Oh, Call of Duty Infinite Warfare almost made me want to pick up a Call of Duty game... ALMOST.

I didn't even realize that's what it was and thought it was an open-world single player sci-fi shooter/rpg at first...

RDR rumours (probably BS)

First thing first, please take this with a grain of salt, I am not promising anything. There are many rumors spreading around that Rockstar wanted Sony to delay their conference by 5+ hours, but Sony could not accommodate Rrequest. According to a post on the GTA forum, the reason behind the possible delay is that R trailer for RDR involved an outlaw entering a saloon and shooting many innocent people, this would be a PR nightmare (and in bad taste) due to the recent events that occurred this past weekend in Orlando, FL (link to forum page account name: jedijosh920 )

This cause Sony to reveal the Days Gone gameplay reveal as the finale rather than after the trailer (which seemed out of place). My speculation is that Sony needed a filler to replace what would have been a controversial ending (again due to the tragic events that occurred this past weekend). Again this is all speculation, but we may have a reveal of RDR tomorrow.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/4nzy3s/still_possible_chance_of_rdr_read/

41 minutes ago, Andrew said:

I believe it, looping back to Days Gone felt very out of place.

Possibly yeah, it was strange to loop back. Why do a game twice?

I'm on vacation so for the first time in a long time I did not get to watch the press conferences live. I did go back and watch them both and my personal tastes leaned towards what Sony showed.

First off I have read all the Last Of Us comparisons, especially for GoW and that biker game Days Gone and while I agree I also say great. If other developers can match the quality and weigh5 of TLOU I'm all for it.

I also thought that David  Cage Detroit whatever it is called "game" looked very cool. My type of story all the way.

Finally easily my favorite reveal, and I mean easily, is Spider-Man. My two favorite hobbies meeting once again and having the potential it does with Insomniac behind the development. So count me in.

13 minutes ago, DirtyLarry said:

I'm on vacation so for the first time in a long time I did not get to watch the press conferences live. I did go back and watch them both and my personal tastes leaned towards what Sony showed.

First off I have read all the Last Of Us comparisons, especially for GoW and that biker game Days Gone and while I agree I also say great. If other developers can match the quality and weigh5 of TLOU I'm all for it.

I also thought that David  Cage Detroit whatever it is called "game" looked very cool. My type of story all the way.

Finally easily my favorite reveal, and I mean easily, is Spider-Man. My two favorite hobbies meeting once again and having the potential it does with Insomniac behind the development. So count me in.

I am still really impressed by Horizon. One of the most non-talked about games coming out of E3.  Days Gone is like The Last of Us with a little bit of TWD and World War Z. GOW was surprising. Really knocked it out of the park with that introduction.  As for Detriot, I'll have to see some actual gameplay to see how it pans out. Spider-man..well if it IS an Open World Spider-man and if we can do all of that that is in the trailer, should be on hell of a ride. I'm definitely looking forward to it. Still bummed about no Red Dead 2.