• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

    Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

E3 2016 Microsoft Press Conference Discussion

Recommended Posts

+Audioboxer    2,876

It's quite clear Scorpio is "nothing" more than a PowerPoint presentation and a plan right now. If Phil Spencer can't get his message consistent for 1 solid day is it a surprise others are slipping up?

 

MS gotta lay off the marketing cool aid. They done it with Project Milo, done it with the Cloud and now we are getting a bit of it with Scorpio (uncompressed pixels? lol). 

 

Just put out clear, concise and honest PR. No BS.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
George P    5,380
6 hours ago, Audioboxer said:

Because we need to leave the trail of 180s for comical value... :p
 

http://www.videogamer.com/news/developers_can_use_scorpios_6_teraflops_however_they_wish_says_spencer.html

This makes sense,  at the end of the day 4k is just a resolution, you can have the exact same current XB1 game but just run it at 4k res and the graphics wouldn't look dramatically different.  Or you actually go in and update the textures and lighting and so on, maybe you don't hit 4k if you put too much into other areas, really up to the developer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dipsylalapo    1,764
15 hours ago, George P said:

This makes sense,  at the end of the day 4k is just a resolution, you can have the exact same current XB1 game but just run it at 4k res and the graphics wouldn't look dramatically different.  Or you actually go in and update the textures and lighting and so on, maybe you don't hit 4k if you put too much into other areas, really up to the developer.

Whilst it may make sense, what's the point to a consumer if the differences between Scorpio and Xbox One are diminishing. 

 

Initially, it was sub 1080p/60 get an Xbox One, 4K get a Scorpio. 

 

Now it's turned, it won't be 4K all the time, and probably sounding like it'll be 1080/60 for most developers. Why should I spend my hard earned money (and a lot of it, by the sounds of things) to get a slightly improved console over my Xbox One?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MikeChipshop    3,458

Seems people here are over thinking this waaaaaay to much (of course MS mixed messages aren't helping).

 

To put it simply, Scorpio is exactly as a "Next gen" console would normally be, a large boost in hardware capability, but this time round it's backwards and forwards compatible with software and hardware. It really is that simple.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
George P    5,380
26 minutes ago, dipsylalapo said:

Whilst it may make sense, what's the point to a consumer if the differences between Scorpio and Xbox One are diminishing. 

 

Initially, it was sub 1080p/60 get an Xbox One, 4K get a Scorpio. 

 

Now it's turned, it won't be 4K all the time, and probably sounding like it'll be 1080/60 for most developers. Why should I spend my hard earned money (and a lot of it, by the sounds of things) to get a slightly improved console over my Xbox One?

Not forcing 4k as a requirement on developers is what makes the most sense at this point,  games could very well be 2160p or they could be 2000p or they could be 1440p, either way you're not going to get everything you can out of most games on Scorpio with a 1080p screen, that's still a fact.  I bet most developers will start to use the same dynamic resolution in their games, which lets the game engine go with the best res to match the framerate needed, instead of them coding to specific hardware, software is smart enough to know what it can push on the fly, as has been shown by games like Forza and Halo 5 and a few others.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dipsylalapo    1,764
23 minutes ago, MikeChipshop said:

Seems people here are over thinking this waaaaaay to much (of course MS mixed messages aren't helping).

 

To put it simply, Scorpio is exactly as a "Next gen" console would normally be, a large boost in hardware capability, but this time round it's backwards and forwards compatible with software and hardware. It really is that simple.

PRobably, but it's what we do best, so leave us alone :yes:;)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+Audioboxer    2,876

W7Y5iBg.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Showan    698
On 6/15/2016 at 9:36 AM, Audioboxer said:

It's quite clear Scorpio is "nothing" more than a PowerPoint presentation and a plan right now. If Phil Spencer can't get his message consistent for 1 solid day is it a surprise others are slipping up?

 

MS gotta lay off the marketing cool aid. They done it with Project Milo, done it with the Cloud and now we are getting a bit of it with Scorpio (uncompressed pixels? lol). 

 

Just put out clear, concise and honest PR. No BS.

this is exactly the same thing i said to Phil on Twitter.

When MS announced the Elite wireless last year, they were very clear and honest in their in their message.

 

they made it clear who the target audience was and all.

 

the Xbox team gets so over zealous that they lose their minds in the process.

like someone having all four, Draw 4's in a game of UNO...:woot::woot:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dipsylalapo    1,764

Not sure if it was posted elsewhere, but the Xbox One S will support HDR via the HDR10 standard

 

Source

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.