• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Windows Update For XP Corporate

Bain    0

Alright, so I've got the DevilsOwn Corp. Version of Windows XP, I've seen a link around to http://corporate.windowsupdate.com - What is this?? I don't know if their have been any updates or not since the 28th of Aug. or not but I haven't seen any..

I'm startin' to wonder if this release works with Windows Update or not cause I sure haven't seen any updates. If you happen to have a solution to this problem please let me know.

Thanks,

Bain

PhoneLine    0

The software is not out to the general public yet, even in OEM form. So windows update wouldn't have anything right now.

On Dell OEM systems I've seen updates for Sound Blaster live cards, and also some for HP scanjets, but those are under driver updates.

As far as critical updates, I don't know if any exist yet. If the so called corporate copies will work we'll see. Probably MS will disable the Key thats being used by most people installing the Devil release. However other means of getting by the WPA exist, and I'm sure will be published soon, so they might not bother to disable them.

The goal of stopping the casual copies with the addition of WPA is still the main thing they want to accomplish. And stop most casual copies it still should.

Like all things, time will tell.

radixvir    0

i also have a coporate copy. (no idea if its the devilsown). i have 1 critical update showing(new java vm) and one software update (sb live drivers). ive heard, though, that the new movie maker (1.2 or something) is available for download off of windows update. I was wondering if anyone has been able to get this yet. if they have obviously mine is not the final. also in response to the post previous to this one, microsoft cannot disable some peoples windows update according to the serial. remember it says "no information is being sent to microsoft". and with good reason because lawsuits would come up.

thanks

zzdiesel    0

This is only a Java update. I've downloaded it on several of the beta builds. It is safe, but a 5.2 meg download. I found a self-install file for it so I don't have to download it anymore.

Steven P.    13,864

Lets stop right here. If you guys are using a warez copy of XP and wonder if Windows Update works, well then dont use warez. Please do not discuss Warez related matters here.