Should I go or not?

I want to go see a movie at a small theater downtown but it could be a unsafe area with a lot of crime. I really want to see the movie but still not sure if I should go. What do you all think ?

If you're that concerned, go with at least one other person and stay in public areas. If you can go to the cinema during the day, then do that and at least you'll be coming out in daylight too.

Failing that, take a trip to your next nearest cinema, even if it is in the next town over, but in a safer location.

• Like 3

No

Yes

Maybe

Dunno

Get a good parking spot ... run into the theater ... watch the movie ... run back to your car and haul butt.

• Like 3

1st - what is the movie?

2nd - why not just wait until it's available on disc or streaming?

imo a movie is not worth compromising my safety.

• Like 3

That's really something you need to decide for yourself. You know the area better than we do, you know more about if you would be able to handle yourself in a situation or not.

Going in numbers is always a safe bet, see if someone wants to go with you?

2 minutes ago, Daedroth said:

If you're that concerned, go with at least one other person and stay in public areas. If you can go to the cinema during the day, then do that and at least you'll be coming out in daylight too.

Failing that, take a trip to your next nearest cinema, even if it is in the next town over, but in a safer location.

There is no daytime showings :(

Might be unsafe? What movie house is making money in unsafe areas?  Put on your big boy britches and enjoy the movie. You'll be fine.

eh.. I hate going to the movies.. I love watching them though.. I don't want to see people's phones light up, smack popcorn, kids talking, ect.. I'll just watch it at home.. lol

13 minutes ago, max22 said:

Les démons http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4247492

Good idea but I kinda wanted to see it in a theater experience!

???

I've seen this movie on TV last weekend.

It's not really good btw. In fact it's very overrated imo. It's like the tree of life but without the good acting and directing. I switched channel before the end and i rarely do that.

1 minute ago, LaP said:

???

I've seen this movie on TV last weekend.

It's not really good btw. In fact it's very overrated imo. It's like the tree of life but without the good acting and directing. I switched channel before the end and i rarely do that.

Film is from 2015.

1 minute ago, max22 said:

Are you from Canada? That must be why it aired on tv there if so.

I am in the US.

Yes i'm from the province of Quebec and this movie was made here.

Honestly it's not a movie i would go to see in the theater. Like the tree of life you need to be in a particular mindset to appreciate it. It's very slow moving movie. There's no real story telling it's more like you are the witnessing the life of people. There's many sequences were nothing is happening other than a bunch of people small talking or kids playing. It aired sunday and i was not really in the mindset to watch a movie like that so i switched channel. I might revisit it when I'll feel like watching a movie like this. It's well filmed and acted (not as well as the tree of life though) and technically speaking it's not a bad movie. It succeed at creating an uncomfortable atmosphere. I felt like i should not be eyedropping on the life of those people XD

2 minutes ago, LaP said:

Yes i'm from the province of Quebec and this movie was made here.

Honestly it's not a movie i would go to see in the theater. Like the tree of life you need to be in a particular mindset to appreciate it. It's very slow moving movie. There's no real story telling it's more like you are the witnessing the life of people. There's many sequences were nothing is happening other than a bunch of people small talking or kids playing. It aired sunday and i was not really in the mindset to watch a movie like that so i switched channel. I might revisit it when I'll feel like watching a movie like this. It's well filmed and acted (not as well as the tree of life though) and technically speaking it's not a bad movie. It succeed at creating an uncomfortable atmosphere. I felt like i should not be eyedropping on the life of those people XD

Thanks! I still want to see it!

3 minutes ago, max22 said:

Thanks! I still want to see it!

Then go.

I really can't image a theater presenting a french movie from quebec to be located in a place dangerous enough to avoid it. I mean here répertoire theater are usually located in safe enough neighborhood.

57 minutes ago, max22 said:

it could be a unsafe area with a lot of crime. I really want to see the movie but still not sure if I should go. What do you all think ?

Is it or isn't it? This actually makes a huge difference.

If it's a well known ###### hole and there's been a lot of trouble there, then fair enough but that doesn't mean it will be bad and it also doesn't mean a "Better" area is completely safe or free from crime.

take a grownup with you? 

heheh sorry couldnt resist. 

safety in numbers, see if a group of your mates would go to see it with you?

OP must be bored/lonely/needs mommy hugs/ etc

The mere idea of asking strangers that 
(1) Dont know the circumstances which brought on the question
(2) Dont know the type of crime
(3) Dont know if danger is real or perceived
(4) Dont know the level of desire to see movie
(5) Dont know the movie, therefore cant offer other options
(6) Dont know the OP
(7) Dont care

Threads like this one always baffle me.  Not only is this obviously not a question to be answered by strangers, the OP didnt even have the foresight to give enough info so said strangers could give a relatively decent answer.

OP - If you are scared, dont see the freakin movie !

• Like 2

If you have a house, then you can start saving your money up and when the time is right, you start building your own movie theater in your house.

That way, you don't have to worry about crimes, crying kids, distractions, etc. And you have your own movie theater experience.

Just now, TAZMINATOR said:

If you have a house, then you can start saving your money up and when the time is right, you start building your own movie theater in your house.

That way, you don't have to worry about crimes, crying kids, distractions, etc. And you have your own movie theater experience.

anchorman_well_that_escalated_quickly_96

• Like 2