Ubisoft turns 30! (Re)discover legendary Ubisoft games on PC for free.

2 minutes ago, warwagon said:

Great, one more site that does't validate email addresses! Shame on you!

And this is a problem because.....?

8 minutes ago, metallithrax said:

And this is a problem because.....?

I never thought about it as a problem either, until Steve Gibson explained why email address validation is a good idea. If you mistype your email address  it goes to someone else. If they don't validate the email address you entered, then someone else (if they cared) can have the reset link sent to them. In my case I already get some junk for companies were it's my email address but the email references someone else. they mistyped it and because they didn't have to validate it i'm getting all their emails. Some unsubscribing worked. Other times not so much. 

One time I got a ticket confirmation for someone else. So I contacted the person on facebook ... (had my last name so i'm sure i'm related to them somehow) and told them I got the email, she thanked me and I forwarded it on to her. 

While it is possible for the person who's address you typed instead of yours to also validate the incorrect email address, at that point, the account would have hardly been used, and B you would notice it pretty soon when you didn't get the email.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcQaVAHKLqDXMbLQBb06p

https://club.ubisoft.com/en-en/ubi30

To celebrate Ubisoft's 30th anniversary, The Ubisoft Club is offering you seven digital PC games. Every month a new game will be revealed and free to download. Then it is yours to keep!
Hurry up, the game is available for a limited time. Just register here with your Uplay account.

That's the Crew up for grabs there now

• DrunknMunky featured this topic

Indeed - downloading it via UPlay as I type this.  I can only hope that ANNO 2205 is going to show up here before the promotion ends.

Awesome.  I already played through The Crew on my X1 but I wanted the PC version.  I'll probably finally buy the expansion...for the PC version.

It's got a pretty big bug for current AMD drivers tho, disable MSAA 4x (either for FXAA or disable it altogether, switch VSR on, and play at a higher res.  I'm doing fake 1440p.)

• 3 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Beyond Good & Evil is October's game. Available on the 12th.

Thank you :)

Beyond Good and Evil is a unique game in Ubisoft history: created by Michel Ancel, this game is the most beloved game of our communities! Released in 2003, this game was a creative bet that took all trends in reverse: the hero was a young girl with skills and wits, Jade, that was very different from women character in video games at that time. The game had a unique style mixing Japanese and traditional cartoon. It remains a unique experience with lovable characters, a brilliant storytelling and a gameplay mixing driving, fighting, collaborating, photographing… Dive into the world of Beyond Good and Evil. This game is available in English, French, German, Italian, Spanish and Dutch only.

On 16/06/2016 at 11:32 PM, warwagon said:

I have a really common email address and i get TONNES of emails from people that typed the wrong address, it's mostly junk but sometimes get some thing more juicy. :shiftyninja:

Something even scarier for you to think about, some emails contain links that will auto log you in to the website and therefore expose personal data.

• 4 weeks later...

Dammit, I missed Rayman origins! Its the only one I would want to play as I either have already played or own the others.

I think it will be an ANNO title (likely 2070 Complete Edition - as it is the next to last title in the series).  2205 just finished with Frontiers scheduled to be the last DLC of THAT title; as much as the foofaraw was around it, it would be utter shock to have 2205 be the last free title this year (even though it IS on sale for $49.95 in the UPLAY Store currently and I mean Complete Edition of 2205).