Can't do a clean install

Hello everyone. Here's the situation.

FOr a long time, I've been using Rufus to create bootable drives with this or that build of Windows 10. It's always worked on my old laptop, which has an MBR partition scheme. Recently I bought a new laptop, which uses GPT for the partition scheme. Rufus gives me the option to properly format the flash drive with the desired partition scheme. So, for my new laptop, I chose GPT. But now, I'm trying to format the old laptop again and it won't work. I've formatted the drive time after time with all schemes and it won't work. I have no idea what it could be.

Does anyone know?

Only 64-bit versions of Windows can boot from a GPT drive, could this be your issue?

Edit: You also need a UEFI bios aswell

I feel like I have left something out. On my new laptop, with GPT, the installation worked. But now, going back to my old computer, it won't boot. If I choose GPT (which doesn't match the old laptop because it still has a BIOS and the original scheme was MBR), it acts as if there's no drive and goes straight to WIndows. But if I choose MBR, I get an error saying "Invalid system disk".

Any ideas?

The USB drive is formatted with GPT which your old laptop does not understand so when you try and boot from it you get an error. As the USB does not have an MBR that won't work either hence the invalid system disk. 

If you want to boot the USB on your old laptop you will need to re-image it with rufus and select MBR for BIOS then it will boot. 

While the drive is formatted with GPT it will not work correctly in many devices that require/expect MBR such as the PlayStation 3. I found that out the hard way ;)

But I already have done that :/ When I choose is when I get invalid system disk afterwards :/

UPDATE: As it turns out, this was easily solved by using the Media Creation Tool from Microsoft. Case closed.