• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

RPM going up and down

Uzair Ahmed Rana    0

HI. I have Hyundai Accent 2004. it is happened with my car also. when i start the car, even i did not press on gas, the RPM goes to 3000 RPM. after an interval, the RPM needle goes down to 1500 RPM and again goes to 2500 RPM. it continued for 10 minutes. increasing and decreasing between 1500 to 2500 RPM. after 10 minutes, it goes to normal at 1000 RPM. it happened first time but twice in last week. can anyone please tell me the reason.?

xendrome    5,462

Sounds like you have coil packs going bad and it is causing the engine to misfire, are you getting any check engine light? If so go have it scanned at a local auto part place.

sc302    1,725

Woo hoo...lets play a guessing game.

xendrome stated coil packs

I will say tps or maf or vaccuum leak or icv

take it to a mechanic, they have these wonderful computers that can read what the sensors are doing and pin point what sensor is the cause (for you to get one could cost several thousand, these aren't your basic 1-200 dollar code readers)...they can also test coil packs...they can also check for vacuum leaks.  There are a number of causes to high idle.  Being that it is intermittent, it is probably something electronic and if you don't have the tools you could be spending a lot of time and money trying to figure it out. 

• Like 2

The Evil Overlord    18,441

I was about to say the same thing

Take it to a garage.  In order to be able to tell you what's up with it, you'll need a mechanic with the relevant diagnostic equipment to hook the car up.

Edited by The Evil Overlord
  • Like 1

Open Minded    988
On 7/7/2016 at 10:47 AM, sc302 said:

I will say tps or maf or vaccuum leak or icv

My first thought was vacuum leak.