2 Dallas Cops Shot @ Anti-Police Protest - BLM

14 minutes ago, Morisato said:

Did you even watch the damn documentary? -_-

Why are we talking about an incident that happened 30 years ago and has nothing to do with this post? Oh wait, I see, Defcon trying to deflect the topic again.

18 hours ago, Defcon said:

They executed the suspect who was holed up without a trial, they could've used tear gas or something else to knock him out, but no, once its 'officer down' all law and rights go out the window and police are now allowed to execute anyone at will ?

What difference does it make how he was killed. If a sniper shot him in the head would that be better? He did not concern himself how he killed 5 Officers and wounded 12 others. This was a peaceful protest until he showed up to kill. Police are NOT now allowed to execute anyone at will. Get real.

3 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

What difference does it make how he was killed. If a sniper shot him in the head would that be better? He did not concern himself how he killed 5 Officers and wounded 12 others. This was a peaceful protest until he showed up to kill. Police are NOT now allowed to execute anyone at will. Get real.

It is not a police officers job to be the judge and executioner. Killing someone would always be the very last option, not the first.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, hagjohn said:

It is not a police officers job to be the judge and executioner. Killing someone would always be the very last option, not the first.

He was not going to be taken alive. Would you have preferred 5 more cops dead?

• Like 3

Just now, Gary7 said:

He was not going to be taken alive. Would you have preferred 5 more cops dead?

I would prefer to see the end of the racism that was catalyst of all this mess. 

Just now, hagjohn said:

You are correct BLM is a racist organization. I would like to see all racism stopped by Whites, Blacks, Latino's --everyone.

14 minutes ago, hagjohn said:

Tell that to the suspect who had already killed a bunch of people, you'd rather have more innocent people dying just to try to take this guy alive. I can't even wrap my head around this warped way of thinking.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

You are correct BLM is a racist organization. I would like to see all racism stopped by Whites, Blacks, Latino's --everyone.

Did I miss the evidence where BLM approved and were involved, as a group, in the shooting of the officers?

Racism begets racism, violence begets violence, hate begets hate.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, hagjohn said:

Did I miss the evidence where BLM approved and were involved, as a group, in the shooting of the officers?

According to the Head of The NAACP BLM organized the demonstration. Some dispute that saying it was done by a local group. Where did I say that BLM was involved. I said that the group is Racist which they are.

37 minutes ago, hagjohn said:

I would like to see all racism stopped by Whites, Blacks, Latino's --everyone.

I also said the above./

Watch this video of the guy that helped organise that protest in Dallas and then try to say that BLM is no a Racist Organization. This guy seems to be white.

Texas mom shot while protecting sons thanks police

DALLAS –  A Texas woman who was wounded while shielding her sons during the attack on a Dallas protest march thanked officers Sunday and said she would go to another demonstration to show her boys that she’s not a quitter.

Shetamia Taylor, who attended the march with her four sons, thanked Dallas police for protecting her in the chaos that erupted Thursday night. 

"I want to say thank you to the officers," she said during an emotional press conference at Baylor University Medical Center. "They were really heroes for us. They saved my life, my son's life and I want to say thank you to them first and foremost."

She says officers shielded her as bullets whizzed through the air around them.

"They had no regard for their own life. They stayed there with us. They surrounded my son and I," she said.

Taylor, in a wheelchair with her right leg immobilized, said that she always held police officers "in a very high place" and notes that her youngest son wants to be a cop.

More.....

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/07/10/texas-mom-shot-while-protecting-sons-thanks-police.html

14 hours ago, Morisato said:

Did you even watch the damn documentary? -_-

First off they only dropped a bomb and not bombs which only affected the house the MOVE members were barricading themselves in. Second, the Mayor did not call in to the fire commissioner there at the time to put out the fire until it was too late. He stated he called at 6pm when it was in fact 6:34pm which was already too late (https://youtu.be/8eHpRjxk7N4?t=50m24s). This lead to the death of 11 MOVE members and 60 houses destroyed. As for firing at those trying to escape, that was the only fault I see the police do when they were ordered to detain them once they started escaping the house. Seeing the violent encounter in the past with MOVE and that some of the officers at the scene were from the previous incident, they probably got spooked thinking they were possibly armed coming out. At the end of the day, it was just bad decisions made from those put in command to deal with the situation. The only one I think that should be charged was the Mayor himself and the rest fired or demoted from command.

I mostly agree with your assessment, but they knew many children were involved and so the safety of children should have been far far higher on the priority than the detention of criminals.  It was clear from the inquiry that only a single police officer had a "children-first" mindset. I don't know if training has improved in the decades since but I sure hope so.

13 hours ago, hagjohn said:

You did.

They may not have pulled the trigger but they have the blood of those dead cops on their hands just the same, just like Obama and Hillary for endorsing and legitimizing them.

13 hours ago, Gary7 said:

I am finding it pretty much impossible to communicate the fact that "race" is a scientifically invalid concept.

For some reason, when it comes to the percentage of melanin in a person's skin, they derive such a sense of identity from it that everyone appears quite happy to accept something as idiotic as the earth being flat as some sort of truth. I don't know it it is a social evolution issue or the lack of basic science education in the general population.

To stop "racism" the first step is to stop using that word. Every time that word in used in the context of melanin variation, it adds social legitimacy to a scientifically invalid concept.

If everyone started throwing rocks at another trivial surface characteristic such as people with green eyes, then the "greens" would band together and possibly create Green Lives Matter without realizing they are polarizing something that never made sense in the first place. Such a movement would create substance for something that does not exist. Human Lives Matter independent of melanin.

Of course BLM is just a recent example of a perception that because a misguided group of humans chose to be evil in the past towards other people with more melanin in their skin cells, people with melanin should then think of themselves as some sort of group characteristic that needs to push back against people outside that group in order to gain their deserved human rights. But in reality they have just accepted the original trivial and shallow selection of human beings by melanin percentage as some sort of reasonable selection process instead of what it is - an extended version of school yard bullying where a bully will select any identifiable shallow difference at random to violate basic rights.

It is this immoral and criminal behavior that needs the real attention by starting with human rights and ending with human rights without any reference to bad science. Every time we use the word "race" or "blacks" or "whites" in a sentence, we are perpetuating the problem by making bad science socially acceptable. Words have a certain force to them and these words have become so common that people say them without thinking about the semantics they are propping up. It is surely difficult to find alternate substitute words that are not just synonyms but actually change the semantic context so that the  larger social issue can start to change. As long as every conversation, discussion, argument about the issue uses words that re-inforce the problem then a solution will never emerge. Skin color needs to become invisible to society and it can't become invisible if we keep framing the issue in terms of skin color.

We can't redress past mistakes because it just brings back a false idea to the forefront. Instead we need to focus on compassion for all humans and for all humans to have basic rights. And everyone, specially journalists, need to stop using a word that bad scientists a few hundred years ago invented to justify human slavery. "Race" does not exist. It was invented by slavery advocates. Let us please stop using it.

London Black Lives Matter leader on Dallas killings: 'What do they expect?'

ringleader of London’s Black Lives Matter movement brushed off the recent police murders in Dallas with the words “What do they expect?”

Gary McFarlane, a far-left activist, addressed supporters in an emotionally-charged demonstration outside the US Embassy this weekend.

Although he paid lip-service to “not condoning” the gun rampage that left five officers dead, McFarlane claimed their deaths were an inevitable response to concerns about policing in the US.

Heat Street attended the protest, and recorded McFarlane’s inflammatory address:

More....

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/07/11/london-black-lives-matter-leader-on-dallas-killings-what-do-expect.html

What do they expect?  Meaning Police in general?  I know police, that had nothing to do with previous incidents, expect not to be targeted for the actions of others and be labeled as part of a group.  Same with any other group or situation and this is one way things get out of hand.

12 hours ago, DevTech said:

I am finding it pretty much impossible to communicate the fact that "race" is a scientifically invalid concept.

For some reason, when it comes to the percentage of melanin in a person's skin, they derive such a sense of identity from it that everyone appears quite happy to accept something as idiotic as the earth being flat as some sort of truth. I don't know it it is a social evolution issue or the lack of basic science education in the general population.

To stop "racism" the first step is to stop using that word. Every time that word in used in the context of melanin variation, it adds social legitimacy to a scientifically invalid concept.

If everyone started throwing rocks at another trivial surface characteristic such as people with green eyes, then the "greens" would band together and possibly create Green Lives Matter without realizing they are polarizing something that never made sense in the first place. Such a movement would create substance for something that does not exist. Human Lives Matter independent of melanin.

Of course BLM is just a recent example of a perception that because a misguided group of humans chose to be evil in the past towards other people with more melanin in their skin cells, people with melanin should then think of themselves as some sort of group characteristic that needs to push back against people outside that group in order to gain their deserved human rights. But in reality they have just accepted the original trivial and shallow selection of human beings by melanin percentage as some sort of reasonable selection process instead of what it is - an extended version of school yard bullying where a bully will select any identifiable shallow difference at random to violate basic rights.

It is this immoral and criminal behavior that needs the real attention by starting with human rights and ending with human rights without any reference to bad science. Every time we use the word "race" or "blacks" or "whites" in a sentence, we are perpetuating the problem by making bad science socially acceptable. Words have a certain force to them and these words have become so common that people say them without thinking about the semantics they are propping up. It is surely difficult to find alternate substitute words that are not just synonyms but actually change the semantic context so that the  larger social issue can start to change. As long as every conversation, discussion, argument about the issue uses words that re-inforce the problem then a solution will never emerge. Skin color needs to become invisible to society and it can't become invisible if we keep framing the issue in terms of skin color.

We can't redress past mistakes because it just brings back a false idea to the forefront. Instead we need to focus on compassion for all humans and for all humans to have basic rights. And everyone, specially journalists, need to stop using a word that bad scientists a few hundred years ago invented to justify human slavery. "Race" does not exist. It was invented by slavery advocates. Let us please stop using it.

Call it what you want, it is what it is.

48 minutes ago, techbeck said:

What do they expect?  Meaning Police in general?  I know police, that had nothing to do with previous incidents, expect not to be targeted for the actions of others and be labeled as part of a group.  Same with any other group or situation and this is one way things get out of hand.

I think they expect to not get sniped over 0.01% of the deaths in the US every year.

51 minutes ago, techbeck said:

The Police are around to Protect and serve , they are not targets. They do wear Kevlar vest because of the crazies in this world but they risk their lives every time they put on their uniform and go to work. BTW they are actually on duty 24/7 , I was required to cary my wepon , badge and cuffs at all times even off duty.

5 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

To what? Breaking on The 7th.?

Remove the word breaking all together. Because not only is it no longer breaking, It wasn't even just 2 cops.

How about renaming it to  "5 officers killed at Anti-Police Protest - BLM"

• Like 2

Just now, warwagon said:

Well not only is it no longer breaking, It wasn't even just 2 cops.

How about renaming it to  "5 officers killed at Anti-Police Protest - BLM"

Sounds good to me, but I cannot change it. PM a Mod.

On ‎7‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 3:11 PM, hagjohn said:

Please enlighten us on how police have ever been racist when they shoot a black person any more than when they shoot a white person. So far all I see if a lot of noise from the black community about it being racist, yet statistically it would imply they are actually less likely to be shot than a white person.

So it has come this low.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/former-miss-alabama-suspended-from-tv-gig-for-calling-dallas-sniper-a-‘martyr’/ar-BBufD7w?li=BBnbfcL

Former Miss Alabama Suspended From TV Gig for Calling Dallas Sniper a ‘Martyr’

"I'm dealing with a bit of guilt, because I don't feel sad for the officers that lost their lives -- and I know that that's really not my heart," James began. "I value human life and I want to feel sad for them, but I can't help but feeling like the shooter was a martyr -- and I know it's not the right way to feel because nobody deserves to lose their lives, and I know that those police officers had families and people who loved them."

"I'm so torn up in my heart about seeing these ... black men being gunned down in my community that I can't help but feel like I wasn't surprised what the shooter did to those cops," she added. "And I think a lot of us feel the same way."

She appeared to have deleted the video on Tuesday. James is an independent contractor for the local TV station.

Here's WPBT2's official statement, in which they do not mention her by name:

https://twitter.com/WPBT2/status/752628649619169281/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

This disgusts me.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

So it has come this low.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/former-miss-alabama-suspended-from-tv-gig-for-calling-dallas-sniper-a-‘martyr’/ar-BBufD7w?li=BBnbfcL

Former Miss Alabama Suspended From TV Gig for Calling Dallas Sniper a ‘Martyr’

"I'm dealing with a bit of guilt, because I don't feel sad for the officers that lost their lives -- and I know that that's really not my heart," James began. "I value human life and I want to feel sad for them, but I can't help but feeling like the shooter was a martyr -- and I know it's not the right way to feel because nobody deserves to lose their lives, and I know that those police officers had families and people who loved them."

"I'm so torn up in my heart about seeing these ... black men being gunned down in my community that I can't help but feel like I wasn't surprised what the shooter did to those cops," she added. "And I think a lot of us feel the same way."

She appeared to have deleted the video on Tuesday. James is an independent contractor for the local TV station.

Here's WPBT2's official statement, in which they do not mention her by name:

https://twitter.com/WPBT2/status/752628649619169281/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

This disgusts me.

Lunatics on every side. How terrible.