2 Dallas Cops Shot @ Anti-Police Protest - BLM

Just now, techbeck said:

Never said black officers were not involved....said there is more of an outrage against white officers.

You're splitting hairs. The outrage in Baltimore has been about pretty much directed at the entire police force, especially those officers. When every single one gets off, I'd say the rage is pretty much on par with what one would expect.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, shockz said:

So then, until yesterday, what cities aside from Ferguson or Baltimore have had BLM protests go bad?

I would say chanting "pigs in a blanket fry them like bacon" is far from peaceful.  Words are just as bad as physical actions and can cause just as many problems.

Anyway, I gotta jet for now

• Like 3

1 minute ago, techbeck said:

Thats the problem with people.  A few bad label the whole group.

I mean if that's the case, then time to start CLM (Cops Lives Matter) and MLM (Muslim Lives Matter).

Just now, techbeck said:

I would say chanting "pigs in a blanket fry them like bacon" is far from peaceful.  Words are just as bad as physical actions and can cause just as many problems.

No, it's not peaceful, yet I'm sure my friends involved in such protests never said that. You're going to be able to google and find just about any negative you want, regardless of who's protesting.

Here's an elementary metaphor for the black lives matter compared to all lives matter:

Breast cancer can affect anyone, regardless of sex. Women are the primary victims of breast cancer and therefore are the majority of breast cancer cases. However, there are a minority of breast cancer patients who are men. And as it turns out, men are are somewhat more likely to die as a result of breast cancer than women! So there is a person advocating for improving men's breast cancer survival rates. He wants to determine why mortality rates are higher for men and reduce them. Essentially, he wants both men and women to receive equal care and have equal outcomes (and hopefully good ones).

But here comes a woman claiming so many women die from breast cancer! That all breast cancer victims matter! She completely ignores the worse prognosis for men. She wants an issue (higher fatality rates in male breast cancer cases) to be ignored because all sexes can get breast cancer, so she rejects (purposely or not) the very specific issues about male breast cancer.

To be clear, those claiming "all lives matter" are the woman in the example.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Circaflex said:

No one in here is saying they call people by their race, what we are referring to is if you had to describe someone who was black, I would say they are black, not african american. I would hope no one goes around going hey blacky, hey whitey, etc.

I posted the same as others have.

1 minute ago, Gary7 said:

I posted the same as others have.

What does that even mean in response to what I wrote? Sometimes, it is like you don't even read what someone posts, and you reply with strange answers. Have a good one Gary.

Just now, Circaflex said:

What does that even mean in response to what I wrote? Sometimes, it is like you don't even read what someone posts, and you reply with strange answers. Have a good one Gary.

What it means is why single me out? Others have posted the same thing.

1 minute ago, Circaflex said:

That's what happens when someone isn't able to formulate a rebuttal to refute a claim. i.e they know they're wrong.

19 minutes ago, techbeck said:

Anyway, I gotta jet for now

It certainly is not. I see Black people wearing Black Lives Matter T-Shirts, If I wore one that said White Lives Matter or Cops Live Matter I would not get to far. I do not even know why the term African Americans came about. The Black people do not like it. There were never an American European Monikers or American Asian monikers. This killer in Dallas obviously believed that White Lives do not matter. IMHO BLM is a racist organization unless other races can have the same rights under the law without retribution.  ALL LIVES MATTER should be on the T-Shirts.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Stoffel said:

I don't know what it is with people and their ALL LIVES MATTER reply.

We get it and we agree all lives do matter, what the BLM is about is pointing out that THEIR lives also matter.

They feel that they are treated wrong by the cops on way to many occasions, hence their movement to point out that Black lives also matter.

It is because ALL lives matter.... including blacks. It encompasses all people. To single out one particular color and give preferential treatment is RACIST.

1 hour ago, shockz said:

Whites get far better treatment when it comes to police matters.

No. 

• Like 3

Just now, shockz said:

Statistics would disagree. 

Stats only tell numbers. Example: I lived in a town where 95% of the vehciles were Fords. The repair shop always had fords being fixed. According to stats, Fords needed repairing 95% more then other makes.

Point: stats don't mean nothing without context.

1 hour ago, shockz said:

Talk about over simplification of matters. You just don't get it. BLM movement started due to the fact that blacks aren't getting the same, equal treatment to their white counterparts. We don't need a white lives matter movement, because that's the whole ######## issue at hand. Whites get far better treatment when it comes to police matters. This isn't rocket science xendrome. 

They do know that all lives matter, but the people who say all lives matter are glazing over the fact that some lives, aren't getting the equality that blacks are seeking. Hence, black lives matter, too. 

I believe I remember reading statistics showing that deaths by police in white verses black, taking in to account general population of both groups, whites took a far larger portion of the deaths.

So if blm started because blacks are being treated less equal to white peyote, then in actual fact, more black people should be killed by police than are currently.

It's actually about control and nothing more. If any of the black or white people being shot where respectful business people going about their business, I might feel sorry for them. However it's not.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Rippleman said:

It is because ALL lives matter.... including blacks. It encompasses all people. To single out one particular color and give preferential treatment is RACIST.

No. 

That's the thing though. The definition of what constitutes add being racist, is in itself biased.

Again, it's about control. I get mugged by a white guy and punch him, he gets arrested and I walk away free. I get mugged by a black guy and punch him, he states he did nothing and I'm a racist and that's why I punched him. I'm arrested and guilty until proven innocent.

And yes, the above DOES happen. I've seen it with my own eyes. Skin colour is used to get away with antisocial behavior very often and is mainly what drives real racism from white people today.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Rippleman said:

No. 

I could write a lengthy reply but all i want to say is summed up perfectly in Veiva's post a few ones above this one. It's the one about breast cancer.

If you still don't get it after that you will never get it

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stoffel said:

I could write a lengthy reply but all i want to say is summed up perfectly in Veiva's post a few ones above this one. It's the one about breast cancer.

I would agree, however in the case of BLM white people are killed more than black people, even accounting for population percentage. So it makes the whole BLM void.

It's like with the cancer scenario that note males die and they make a case, but actually is women who die more. When Woman states they want all cancer cases to be treated equally, the males make more noise and disrupt events which have nothing to do with their cause claiming their voice isn't being heard. Yet it is being heard, but the whole thing is old and flawed and people are sick of hearing about it.

Personally I'll get along with any person regardless of their background, but I'm sick to the teeth of being shat on for being a white male. I'm a nice guy who wants a quiet family life, yet I'm branded by women as being uncontrollable sexually because I'm a bloke and I'm a racist because... well...I'm white.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, restroom said:

I would agree, however in the case of BLM white people are killed more than black people, even accounting for population percentage. So it makes the whole BLM void.

It's like with the cancer scenario that note males die and they make a case, but actually is women who die more. When Woman states they want all cancer cases to be treated equally, the males make more noise and disrupt events which have nothing to do with their cause claiming their voice isn't being heard. Yet it is being heard, but the whole thing is old and flawed and people are sick of hearing about it.

Personally I'll get along with any person regardless of their background, but I'm sick to the teeth of being shat on for being a white male. I'm a nice guy who wants a quiet family life, yet I'm branded by women as being uncontrollable sexually because I'm a bloke and I'm a racist because... well...I'm white.

it's not just about black people being killed, it's how they are treated in general by the police. Getting stopped by the police as a black person is a totally different experience than when you are white. If you keep ignoring those facts the BLM movement will keep growing and shootings like the one yesterday will become more frequent. The cops in the USA really need different training it seems. Right now they pull their guns way to quickly

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Stoffel said:

It is you that do not get it, Eleven Officers were shot, five killed all because of a racist Black man.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Stoffel said:

it's not just about black people being killed, it's how they are treated in general by the police. Getting stopped by the police as a black person is a totally different experience than when you are white. If you keep ignoring those facts the BLM movement will keep growing and shootings like the one yesterday will become more frequent. The cops in the USA really need different training it seems. Right now they pull their guns way to quickly

Statistics do show poor treatment. But there's logical reason for it, and it's difficult to make it a case about race when you can remove racial crosses and easily replace them with income and criminality and you get some parallels. The reality is it's not about race, it's about economic status. Blacks are disproportionately poor, disproportionately involved in criminal activity and therefore they are disproportionately involved with the police.

But that doesn't you can grab any old black guy and put a cop and they'll treat them the same way. Context matters, a rich black woman driving a Mercedes who's polite to the cops will likely be treated better than a poor white male who gives the cop a hard time about speeding. You have to look at all the factors, not just a few that paint the picture you want. Income, economic standing is the primary attribute. The moment your income drops, your chances for criminal activity and encounters with the law goes up exponentially. So much so it's a safer bet by the police to profile those in poverty as often being the sources of drugs, violence and other criminality.

But that's the cost of preventative policing. Profiling. The other end of the spectrum is responsive policing, where nothing is done until after something happens. Is that better? Is that worth not rubbing people the wrong way?

15 minutes ago, Stoffel said:

Who were the victims here? Not Black People. Five dead cops and no one gives a damn./

• Like 3

Just now, Gary7 said:

Who were the victims here? Not Black People. Five dead cops and no one gives a damn./

What are you all rambling about now Gary? You jump right into a back and forth between 2 people to start talking about something completely different.

And who says no one gives a damn?

It's horrible what happened, but it's not a surprise to me at all that it did happen.

And if cops keep policing the way they are there will be a lot more of these horrific crimes happening in the future

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Stoffel said:

or reversely, you don't get what "all lives matter" means. It's NOT about black lives not mattering, it means they matter as much as everyone else's. 

• Like 2

Just now, Rippleman said:

or reversely, you don't get what "all lives matter" means. It's NOT about black lives not mattering, it means they matter as much as everyone else's. 

Then instead of calling it "Black Lives matter" why not call it "Black Lives matter as much as everyone else"