• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Microsoft announces their Gamescom 2016 plans.

George P    5,367

While we will not be hosting a media briefing this year, we’re planning a new and more intimate Xbox FanFest experience for our fans across Europe and worldwide attending gamescom 2016.  We will be sharing more details on our gamescom 2016 Xbox FanFest soon.

The Xbox booth at gamescom
Wednesday, August 17 – 9:00 a.m. until 7:00 p.m. CEST (press/trade only day)
Thursday, August 18 and Friday, August 19 – 10:00 a.m. until 8:00 p.m. CEST
Saturday, August 20 – 9:00 a.m. until 8:00 p.m. CEST
Sunday, August 21 – 9:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. CEST

http://news.xbox.com/2016/07/13/xbox-at-gamescom-2016/#uq47eHALY4Rh3etS.99

dipsylalapo    1,764

Just saw this too. I wonder if they'll be having a Scorpio even this year or will that be next?

George P    5,367
56 minutes ago, dipsylalapo said:

Just saw this too. I wonder if they'll be having a Scorpio even this year or will that be next?

Too soon I'd say, probably next year.  They'll just highlight the games coming and show the S off.

Andrew    2,860
21 hours ago, dipsylalapo said:

I don't think that would be wise, seeing as the S is launching in the same month. You'd end up with the same flat reception / overshadowing they caused at E3.

Showan    698

i wasnt expecting this, but if they feel it's needed to give more polished results for when games are ready... then why not.

i honestly feel that team xbox should go dark for a bit...

of course do the game promotions for the fall/Christmas season (Xbox S, ReCore, Gears), but as far as Project Scorpio, and future games, dont even say a word about them for the time being.

George P    5,367

They haven't really said anything about "future" games, unless you count stuff coming first quarter of 2017 as future?  At least they give us dates for them.   As far as the Scorpio, they're not going to talk about it again till next year, I think it's a safe bet.   The only info we could get about it would be from more inside sources and any leaks when dev kits start going out, which probably won't be too long, I think April, May 2017 probably.