Windows 8.1 or 10 on a tablet or 2-1?

Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 on a tablet?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Which OS do you prefer on a tablet or 2-1 PC?

• Windows 8.1 (or 8)
    • Windows 10
    • Both are fine

I keep going back to Windows 8.1 on my Acer Switch 10 because I feel that 8.1 is better suited for tablets just as Windows 10 feels better than 8 on the desktop.  I want to go with 10, but it just doesn't feel as... productive or easy to navigate using a touch screen as Windows 8.1 does.  Am I alone in thinking this? 

Anyone with a tablet or 2-1 care to share your thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...

I have 20+ Acer One 10's in my classroom. I had Windows RT on some of them, and Windows 10 on others. I prefer the 10 because we mostly type and use the internet. Touch screen is good for scrolling and some selecting, but even Windows 10 in tablet mode is nice. If you have a small screen, Windows 8. But 10+ inches, Windows 10 is fine.

I just did the Windows 10 upgrade and I must say, Windows 10 is a lot better than the last time I tried it on my 2-1.  It just took a little tweaking of some settings and so far so good.

25 minutes ago, remco8264 said:

I would go with 10. My only complaint is that the All apps list is small (screenshot), but this is being solved with the Anniversary Update (screenshot).

I also don't like that the all apps list is small but I turned on the full screen Start Menu and pinned my most used things there.  I would love live tiles on the desktop.  That would make me happy.