'Attack' In Nice: 'At Least 60 Dead' As Truck Hits Crowd

5 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

Says one of those who is part of the assuming and assumes with this comment as well. 

Because nothing says 'lets not make assumptions" like labeling opinions you may not agree with or GASP! are different than yours "discriminatory, stereotyping, ignorant, selfish, agenda driven and bigoted." 

SIDENOTE: umm, you realize this is a DISCUSSION forum. i.e. people can come and DISCUSS different events, news, etc in different threads of their interest. Its purpose, therefore, is often to discuss events in motion which means sometimes making assumptions, reading comments contrary to your own beliefs, or crafted to persuade others, comments that are offensive, or lacking coherent thought etc. Secure in that knowledge why would anyone expect anything but a spirited discussion about a hot topic amongst people from different backgrounds, nationalities, cultures, opinions, world views, etc. 

I'm sure a SAFE SPACE thread can be created for your enjoyment where only things you deem appropriate can be discussed amongst yourself or any other person needing shelter from differing opinions. 

Just now, wakjak said:

FTFY.

Thanks, but it's already been confirmed it was a Tunisian who drove the truck who was a Extremist Islamic d-head. 
Im not gunna sugar coat who it was anymore. 

The driver then emerged from the truck and opened fire on the crowd, another eyewitness said. French media is now reporting the gunman got back in the driver’s seat and travelled to another populated area before starting to shoot again.

Police opened fire on the truck which crushed revellers and sent people running for their lives. The truck’s driver was shot dead.

Unconfirmed reports are circulating suggesting terror outfit Islamic State has claimed responsibility for the attack.

The driver was a 31-year-old man of Tunisian origin. Details of his identity were obtained from papers found in the shot up truck following the attack.

The truck driver was said to have shouted “allahu Akbar” (God the great) before being shot dead by police, local newspaper Nice-Martin reported.

http://www.news.com.au/world/europe/dozens-dead-as-vehicle-crashed-into-crowd-in-nice-france/news-story/5a9cca970737255f6fd82a6a4d840946

Doing this on our 4th of July (14 juillet). Speechless :cry:

France, fluctuat nec mergitur.

At least 80 victims according to BFM TV.

20 minutes ago, G.i.b.b.s said:

Because nothing says 'lets not make assumptions" like labeling opinions you may not agree with or GASP! are different than yours "discriminatory, stereotyping, ignorant, selfish, agenda driven and bigoted." 

SIDENOTE: umm, you realize this is a DISCUSSION forum. i.e. people can come and DISCUSS different events, news, etc in different threads of their interest. Its purpose, therefore, is often to discuss events in motion which means sometimes making assumptions, reading comments contrary to your own beliefs, or crafted to persuade others, comments that are offensive, or lacking coherent thought etc. Secure in that knowledge why would anyone expect anything but a spirited discussion about a hot topic amongst people from different backgrounds, nationalities, cultures, opinions, world views, etc. 

I'm sure a SAFE SPACE thread can be created for your enjoyment where only things you deem appropriate can be discussed amongst yourself or any other person needing shelter from differing opinions. 

Just because it is a discussion doesn't stop people from being discriminating bigots nor does it excuse it. 

1 hour ago, adrynalyne said:

Reading the comments in this thread sickens me. Assumptions, discrimination, stereotyping, ignorance, selfish comments, political agendas, bigotry...just about everything wrong with typical Neowin threads all rolled into one sans MS, Apple and Google hatred. 

This is thread is disgusting and the offenders should be ashamed of themselves. 

Not that I disagree with you, but this is an Internet forum.  If reading something "sickens you", stop reading it.

2 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

Just because it is a discussion doesn't stop people from being discriminating bigots nor does it excuse it. 

Equally true of not stopping people from making blanket rulings on what is and isn't discriminatory or bigoted based on their own understanding of the terms which may or may not be shared by others. for example someone can claim passing judgment on people as bigots based on nothing more than an infinitesimal peak into their thought processes gathered from a few comments in a forum is itself a form of bigotry.  

What a terrible tragedy guided by a hateful Islamic ideology

While they're are good Muslim individuals. Islam as a ideology is incompatible with the west and freedom. As an ideology, Islam needs no respect and should be roundly criticized as just as fanciful and backwards as christianity if not more so than christianity. They atleast ended the inquisition.

6 hours ago, TAZMINATOR said:

It won't be long before the factory adds the brake sensor system in them like the cars have if they decide to add the sensor system to the trucks.

When the sensor sees the crowd or a person walking by, the truck can be stopped by itself if the driver isn't pay attention.

See the video here for an example.  

And anybody with two brain cells and a pair of wire cutters can disable it.  The issue we should be discussing is the same issue that gets glossed over in favor of gun control arguments here in the U.S.  How are these people being radicalized to the point that they think murdering innocent people is acceptable?  How are people who are already radicalized getting into the country(ies) they want to attack and why aren't intelligence services catching them?  Why do social media companies continue to allow foreign terrorist organizations to use their products for recruiting, communicating and organizing?  I don't personally think it's all that important to worry about how the guy got into the truck or how the shooters in Paris got hold of their weapons in a country where it's already illegal for civilians to own guns; let's figure out what leads people to think that these acts of violence are acceptable and will solve whatever problems they think they have, and how people who are already radicalized got into the country in the first place.

I've been watching the death toll climb on the news; Fox just reported the number has jumped to 80 killed and 18 more injured as of this posting.  My condolences go out to the victims, their friends and families, and all of those affected by this senseless act of violence.

Is that the ship SS Unfettered Immigration I see sinking next to that iceberg? Yup, sure looks like it. 

Cheap labor and political correctness aren't worth it. 

• Like 3

imagine if all the countries decided to stop buying oil from the middle east and pulled out every soldier, cut ties to all middle east countries and let them fight amongst themselves.

they can have their ruined cities and dust.....

http://heavy.com/news/2016/07/nice-france-allahu-akbar-islam-suspect-isis-bastille-day-muslim-promenade-videos-watch-photos-identity/

but this shout-Allahu-Akbar-while-plowing-truck-into-the-masses aren't new, in Dec 2014, similar act have been carried out by another muslims in France:

https://www.jihadwatch.org/2014/12/france-another-muslim-screaming-allahu-akbar-plows-truck-into-pedestrians-injuring-a-dozen-people

Well, what works against the France once will work again next time, i guess?

Heh heh. "Nice".

Leaving language jokes aside, we found out two crucial things in regards of this attack:

1. France is bombing Syria, the home of the "Islamic State", including a lot of civilians - and then it is "shocked" when Syrians fight back?
  2. France, one of the "most secure" (i.e.: least freedom, most surveillance) countries in Europe, is not capable of avoiding such attacks - we notice that more surveillance does not result in more safety.

9 hours ago, Stoffel said:

Hold on a second, where has it been mentioned that this is a Islamic Terrorist Attack? So far they have said nothing about the perpetrator(s)

Why do you have to go that way straight away?

Like due to the extreme lack of johavas witness suicide attacks.....

18 minutes ago, th3rEsa said:
  1. France is bombing Syria, the home of the "Islamic State", including a lot of civilians - and then it is "shocked" when Syrians fight back?
  2. France, one of the "most secure" (i.e.: least freedom, most surveillance) countries in Europe, is not capable of avoiding such attacks - we notice that more surveillance does not result in more safety.

1. Why is the bombs are being dropped?

2. Doesn't france have an large muslim population? Possibility more Muslims does not result in more safety?

1. Because France considers it to be their duty to bomb other countries for freedom. Weirdos.
  2. I wouldn't say that any religion was known for bringing safety to countries. Syria is bombed by Christians.

1 hour ago, Slarlac249 said:

imagine if all the countries decided to stop buying oil from the middle east and pulled out every soldier, cut ties to all middle east countries and let them fight amongst themselves.

they can have their ruined cities and dust.....

Good idea but we kinda use all that oil. Especially since everyone is speaking against nuclear power plants these days, so not many electric cars and stuff right away... Wait, where do we get our uranium ? Hmm... Or maybe we can go back to coal...

On 05/07/2016 at 1:21 AM, wakjak said:

The bible is just as hate filled. But hey, pick on the largest religion right?

8 hours ago, jjkusaf said:

Islam, the religion, isn't the problem.  

As the French/Moroccan driver was a follower of a religion that has a mass murderer, pedophile as a prophet (Muhammed) as an example of how to act. Mental Illness plays a part and these poor followers of hate, not peace, must be helped and shown the error of there ways. As for the comment on the Bible, I don't remember it saying its OK to kill non Christians, yet the Koran says kill none followers 108 times.

23 minutes ago, NinjaGinger said:

As the French/Moroccan driver was a follower of a religion that has a mass murderer, pedophile as a prophet (Muhammed) as an example of how to act. Mental Illness plays a part and these poor followers of hate, not peace, must be helped and shown the error of there ways. As for the comment on the Bible, I don't remember it saying its OK to kill non Christians, yet the Koran says kill none followers 108 times.

I thaught he was tunisian ?

about the bible, though,

http://www.religioustolerance.org/bibl_hate2.htm

It doesn't look as numerous as "108" but there are a few hate verses.

EDIT : missed th3rEsa's post, I just read Deuteronomy 17. That's pretty hardcore. Although, stones vs a damn truck, I think the terrorrists win.