KickAss Torrents Goes Offline - Owner Arrested...

Just now, firey said:

haha I was wonderig why the site wasn't loading.

Yeah. He's been arrested. Why is it that all these groups do more than just one illegal activity. Money Laundering just put you on someones crap list. MPAA is blaming him for a billion dollars in revenue loss... Yet, they make good money regardless.

Just now, BinaryData said:

Yeah. He's been arrested. Why is it that all these groups do more than just one illegal activity. Money Laundering just put you on someones crap list. MPAA is blaming him for a billion dollars in revenue loss... Yet, they make good money regardless.

I had gone to kat then opened a new tab and went to neowin while I waited for it to load.  Noticed it wasn't loading tried refreshing then noticed the post on here.  I mean I was only going to download linux iso's of course but still.

Commenting on the announcement, Assistant Attorney General Caldwell said that KickassTorrents helped to distribute over $1 billion in pirated files.

“Vaulin is charged with running today’s most visited illegal file-sharing website, responsible for unlawfully distributing well over $1 billion of copyrighted materials.”

“In an effort to evade law enforcement, Vaulin allegedly relied on servers located in countries around the world and moved his domains due to repeated seizures and civil lawsuits. His arrest in Poland, however, demonstrates again that cybercriminals can run, but they cannot hide from justice.

So much for innocent until proven guilty ...