Falcon 9: JCSAT-16 commsat (mission thread)

02:13 
Officials say the first radio signals from the newly-launched JCSAT 16 communications satellite have been acquired by a ground station. The spacecraft is reported healthy.

http://spaceflightnow.com/2016/08/13/falcon-9-jcsat-16-mission-status-center/

• Like 1

Wow. So JCSAT-16 is going into service immediately upon reaching 162E, eh? Well, then. Wonder if SpaceX is gonna see even more of their business sooner rather than later? :shifty:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Unobscured Vision said:

Wow. So JCSAT-16 is going into service immediately upon reaching 162E, eh? Well, then. Wonder if SpaceX is gonna see even more of their business sooner rather than later? :shifty:

I will have to check on the story with Superbird-8 "ground damage"?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Unobscured Vision said:

I'm brain dead some times...this was the damaged one from the tarp coverage that blocked pressure equalization valves, while being transported to Ariannespace's French Guiana launch facilities...

:s

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Draggendrop said:

I will have to check on the story with Superbird-8 "ground damage"?

Yeah, during shipping to the I/A Facility. :no: Completely inexcusable what happened to it, short of a natural catastrophe (earthquake, etc).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Draggendrop said:

I'm brain dead some times...this was the damaged one from the tarp coverage that blocked pressure equalization valves, while being transported to Ariannespace's French Guiana launch facilities...

:s

Yep, that's the one. There's unprofessionalism, and then there's blatant neglect. What happened to that bird was blatant neglect. Inexcusable ... and Arianespace should be footing the entire bill for that travesty. Idiots.

• Like 2

Ooof. Looking a little crispy. Take a look at the scorchies just above where the landing leg is blocking the view, and again on the center Merlin on the engine bell where the igniter goes in.

Should be alright for the most part -- in fact, it fared better than all of the other GTO S1's. Actually, the damage isn't bad at all, really.

• Like 1