The Walking Dead: Season 7

• 2 months later...
On 28/07/2016 at 2:30 PM, Hurmoth said:

After this past season, I'm not sure I'll be returning to watch anymore of this. Last season was so incredibly bad. Ugh! And that finale! :x 

It is getting a tad repetitive for me.

Find somewhere to stay, lose that place\big fight\stand off

new season

Find somewhere to stay, lose that place\big fight\stand off

and repeat

It really needs to introduce something that will take us towards an ending or sorts, rather than the same thing over and over again.

People are getting bored.

I'm about to start on season 4 as a re-watch. I got to season 6 last time and, as @joemailey said, it got repetitive and very long and drawn out compared to the first few series.

Hoping I'll be able to keep going and make it to season 7 this time, but not sure.

I also watched fear the walking dead and only the first couple of episodes where good until it just became the same as the standard walking dead series.

I'm not really sure there is much more they can do on this, unless they have a massive plot twist like a cure etc.?

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, LakeRat said:

The season 7 premiere was truly painful to watch, for all of the wrong reasons. I read reviews online giving the episode a C-. I think they were being very generous with their scores.

I didn't think it was bad ... though it was a bit gruesome(?) ... I guess.  May have to rewatch it.

However, I think they should have ....

Spoiler

shown Abraham getting killed at the end of last season and opened up with Glenn dying this one.

• Like 1

That was one crazy first episode. They really stepped it up a notch gore wise. I really feel like this episode was meant to weed out those that read the comics and those that didn't They even kind of hinted at that in the talking dead, that they wanted to do something crazy like this to the fans 

twdneganglennbffs-156650.jpg

5 hours ago, jjkusaf said:
  Hide contents

shown Abraham getting killed at the end of last season and opened up with Glenn dying this one.

Yeah, that would have been better.

I didn't think it was a "bad" episode either though.

On 2016-10-24 at 0:00 AM, LakeRat said:

The season 7 premiere was truly painful to watch, for all of the wrong reasons. I read reviews online giving the episode a C-. I think they were being very generous with their scores.

I think it was a great episode.   It had the tension and the drama that actually made Walking Dead interesting to me, vs other zombie shows/movies.

The gore was too much I guess but whatever.

Even thought the plot could be summarized in 2 sentences, it shows what visual outline, great acting, music and dramatic composition, can achieve out of a short plot.

Rick was awesome.   Looking forward to what will happen in this new season.    To me this episode felt like an ending of the previous season, rather then a start of a new one.

On 2016-10-24 at 6:10 AM, jjkusaf said:

However, I think they should have ....

Reveal hidden contents

This.   If they did it, it would have being much better.  But maybe some viewers would not have returned. I know at least 3 people who are the ones who first told me to watch it so many time that I finally did (when the show was already at season 2)

And they lost all interest in the show now.     I think the  show creators wanted a massive hook, to make people come back.   but it is not working I think...

• 2 months later...
15 hours ago, .Rob said:

Thoughts on who the group is and why exactly Rick was smiling?

No idea on who the group is but I imagine Rick is smiling as he sees an army (with skills + well armed) that he can use to fight the Saviours.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, .Rob said:

Thoughts on who the group is and why exactly Rick was smiling?

6 hours ago, Nexus18 said:

No idea on who the group is but I imagine Rick is smiling as he sees an army (with skills + well armed) that he can use to fight the Saviours.

I read somewhere they are the ladies from Oceanside community but I think I saw some men there so I doubt it or, if it was the case, some really ugly women. but as Nexus said, Rick is smiling because he found a potential ally against Negan and the survivors.

7 minutes ago, Weld_El_7aj said:

I read somewhere they are the ladies from Oceanside community but I think I saw some men there so I doubt it or, if it was the case, some really ugly women. but as Nexus said, Rick is smiling because he found a potential ally against Negan and the survivors.

It's not Oceanside. It's a completely new group that fans have been referring to as "The Garbage Pail Kids" because it's rumored they live in a junk yard. Oceanside is nothing but women and made it clear to Tara they want to stay hidden. They wouldn't venture out unless they had to. It's also not the Whisperer's like people think. They're not wearing walker skins for one and it's a little too soon to bring them in. They've been hinting at them left and right though. The card Tara found with "ppp" written on it is the biggest hint they may have taken Heath. "ppp" denotes a silent/whisper in music.

Rick is smiling at someone he knows. It's Gabriel or someone else. They're being surrounded by an unknown group and he goes from stiff and ready to kill then completely calm and relaxed with a huge smile. He clearly knows the person. The only people we don't know the whereabouts of are Gabriel, Heath and there's also rumors that it could even be Morales from season 1. He wanted to go a separate route with his family when Rick wanted to leave for the CCC. There's also the people that were living in the city at the nursing home and hospital that could still be around.

Anyone complaining about the first half just needs to calm down and understand this is more of a realistic take on a zombie apocalypse. In reality you're going to come upon groups just wanting what you have and ready to kill you early on. It's not until further down the line when more time has passed that  you would start finding more and more groups that have settled and are large in numbers willing to work with other groups to build the world up again. They got cozy and too sure of themselves. Rick now realizes how stupid that was.