Does anyone have a Pioneer VSX-1131?

Ive got the 1024 and it certainly runs cooler than my old Onkyo(s).  I keep it in a fairly open area with room to breath but I have never noticed the heat like I used to from prior receivers.

On 7/26/2016 at 1:24 PM, Fahim S. said:

Can you comment on how hot it runs?

When I bought a VSX-91TXH, I completely neglected the following installation instructions for ventilation and space allowance... 

vant.jpg

and put it into a very tight space...

IMG_6122.JPG

It's been sitting there like that for almost ten years and overheating is a non-issue :laugh:

p.s. My previous Pioneer Elite unit died due to water leakage because I used to have a flower pot placed on top of it  :rofl:  Since then, I haven't been watering my flowers if I'm hung-over.

Thanks guys.  

I asked because my Onkyo runs very hot (I am convinced you could fry food on it, although I have never tried :rofl:) in the space that it is in right now (it has about 6-7cm above it).  I know the older Pioneers run very cool, but given the recent merger with Onkyo I was wondering whether the newer models now share tech and run hotter.

3 minutes ago, LostCat said:

My Onkyo doesn't run hot.  Though I have it in an open space so it's not quite comparable.

When I bought it (about 8 years ago) I had no intention of putting it in an enclosed space, but a child arrived with (sometimes) sticky and (always) very inquisitive fingers. It is one of the more powerful models, and probably generates more heat as a result.

3 hours ago, Fahim S. said:

When I bought it (about 8 years ago) I had no intention of putting it in an enclosed space, but a child arrived with (sometimes) sticky and (always) very inquisitive fingers. It is one of the more powerful models, and probably generates more heat as a result.

Haha well old kit does produce more heat.  I believe my kit was released in 2016...though I'm not sure off the top of my head.

(HT-S5800 so not exactly top of the line but still powerful.)

49 minutes ago, LostCat said:

Haha well old kit does produce more heat.  I believe my kit was released in 2016...though I'm not sure off the top of my head.

(HT-S5800 so not exactly top of the line but still powerful.)

Mine is a TX-SR876 - so almost top of the line, and very very powerful.

Either way, older stuff is likely on a higher (90nm or so) manufacturing process so produced more heat.  I'm not really up on what receivers actually use though (I believe they tend to keep it higher than usual to make interference less of a problem, but I'm not an expert.)

I doubt very much that it is the digital electronics generating the heat.  It's a class AA box, which means through the amplification (which is completely analogue) circuitry it loses about 70% in heat.

Well, also the power draw in general will affect heat output.  I admit I know nothing about analog circuitry.

Anyway it does put out some heat but nothing crazy.  As I mentioned though, it's sitting on the table next to me not in a cabinet.