Do You Use the Windows 10 Mail App?

Do You Use the Windows 10 Mail App?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Use the Windows 10 Mail App?

• Yes
    • No

I do, but find it harder and harder to use.

However having different accounts in one app makes things easier when checking.

Don't have a full version of Office 365 (only a student edition while I'm studying) so don't want to install full on Outlook as it's a bit too expensive to pay for it all the time.

I've never really liked the look of it, however I use Outlook 2016 which is the best desktop client for Exchange Inbox's on Windows in my opinion.

• Like 1

Not really. I set it up once so I could check out the notifications center in action, but I don't think I've opened it since. If I need to go to the inbox I just go to hotmail.com.

I do all my emailing through the browser portals for GMail and HotMail (Live). I don't think I've used a desktop email client at home in over 4 years. Does the W10 client have any worthwhile advantages over the web portals that I should know about (other than notifications, which my phone already does for me if needed)?

I do but just because of notifications. The app is not good. And a while back it stopped keeping the sidebar hidden, it keeps forgetting that I want it that way. It used to.

Practically nonexistent load times, no ads, no useless bits (like skype or gmails chat client loading up in the sidebar)

I've been using the mail client since win8, for webmail services it's awesome.

I have a choice to use it, or use Yahoo's webmail UI. 

I use the app of course. It's quite RAM efficient too compared to browser tabs, and all the accounts are in one place. Can't complain. Not really missing anything I need. Dunno why they keep removing and re-adding and removing the pop-out window feature tho.

It's such a shame.

Why Microsoft doesn't make it slightly better, I don't know.

The Outlook web access is pretty good, and I've been testing receiving mail from Gmail through it as I have a few different accounts.  It's a bit messy in that respect but I get tired of the mail app not syncing (so if I save a draft in the mail app, it doesn't transfer to outlook.com).

I find it far too slow and clunky to use, which is a shame as I was looking forward to having a bundled program included with the OS for it (As we haven't really had one since Outlook Express).

It takes far too long to open and do anything with, I just keep a pinned tab for Gmail on Chrome and leave it at that. If anyone knows of any decent modern Mail programs for Windows that are usable, let me know. Thunderbird is way outdated unfortunately, and I don't want another monthly bill for Office 365/don't want to pay however much for the subscription-free Office version (2016?).

I wish that the poll included a "Sort of" option. I voted "No" even though I like the Live Tile feature and the app's ability to scale well. I think that is all at this point in time.

I use it as my only app for all my mail. I have my personal account (Outlook.com) and my work account (GMail) and it's nice that i only need one app for both of them.

I have an Office 365 subscription, but the full blown Outlook is way to much for what i need.

I do wish they would put back the option to open an email in a different window

I use it as my primary email client. I have two Office 365 accounts, have Office installed but Outlook has more features than I could ever use. All I need is a simple email client and it works the same way on desktop as on my tablet.

Why would you use something that is obviously bad and not meant for real email use

About the only person I would think may be a good choice is an elderly person that just wants to access email and nothing else, for anything else even my Comcast webmail is a better choice (I don't actually use this) 

Yes. It does all I need it to do. It is synced with my outlook account, my domain name e-mail account and Gmail. I use it on my desktop and phone.

4 minutes ago, Anibal P said:

Why would you use something that is obviously bad and not meant for real email use

This comment is just as obviously bad.

Used it since I started using Windows 10 last year on older system, and on my newer 8 core system, use it alot

Also used the WIndows 8 and 8.1 mail apps

• 3 weeks later...

It's the only client I've successfully configured with the server settings for my New Zenith email account. So until my provider gets back to me with an answer why Thunderbird and the iOS Mail and Outlook apps won't work right, it's the best way to access that email.

On 7/28/2016 at 6:13 AM, InsaneNutter said:

I've never really liked the look of it, however I use Outlook 2016 which is the best desktop client for Exchange Inbox's on Windows in my opinion.

and on Mac... I am using Office 2016 Mac Edition.