Do You Use the Windows 10 Mail App?

Do You Use the Windows 10 Mail App?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Use the Windows 10 Mail App?

• Yes
    • No

On 7/28/2016 at 6:36 AM, Slugsie said:

I do all my emailing through the browser portals for GMail and HotMail (Live). I don't think I've used a desktop email client at home in over 4 years. Does the W10 client have any worthwhile advantages over the web portals that I should know about (other than notifications, which my phone already does for me if needed)?

Actually, the Windows Mail app supports at least as many types of mail accounts as other mail apps (the only thing it does NOT support is Exchange) - also, it supports Yahoo Mail (proprietary) - which no other current mail application does.

(And by no other, I am including any version of Outlook.)

Due to that quirk, I am using both the Windows Mail app (due to the Yahoo Mail support) and Outlook 2016 (for everything else - including GMail).

And why am I NOT using a browser-based portal?  I use that ONLY for rapid-response mail; for all other mail, I use Windows Mail or Outlook - most of the time I have better things to do with my browser than read mail in it.

9 hours ago, macoman said:

and on Mac... I am using Office 2016 Mac Edition.

As am I, it's really quite nice apart from the update process. Would be nice if it just downloaded the couple of gigs worth of updates in the background.

On 7/31/2016 at 6:51 PM, Lee G. said:

No. I use Outlook 2010 instead.

me also, although it bugs me to try a later version as my office is "out of date" sod off MS ill decide thanks! I dont want the abomination of Office 2013 or try 2016 thanks.