Windows 10 Anniversary Update removes certain Group Policies, App-V and UE-V features

14 minutes ago, satysin said:

App-V is not removed because it was never part of Windows.  That said, it will be bundled with enterprise.  Current AppV will still work but will no longer be updated.  

As for the GPs, I suspect it's just missing via snap in: add it via regedit and don't worry about it missing from the GUI. 

Edited by adrynalyne

Just now, adrynalyne said:

As for the GPs, I suspect it's just missing via snap in: add it via regedit and don't worry about it missing from the GUI. 

The articles says "Furthermore, the corresponding Registry keys are not working either anymore which means that Pro users have no option to make changes to features affected by the change."

Just now, satysin said:

The articles says "Furthermore, the corresponding Registry keys are not working either anymore which means that Pro users have no option to make changes to features affected by the change."

Ah I missed that.

2 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

Ah I missed that.

I thought the same as you tbh. I find it quite strange Microsoft are making these changes now. Especially in Pro which is sold as a business version as well as prosumer. 

2 minutes ago, satysin said:

I thought the same as you tbh. I find it quite strange Microsoft are making these changes now. Especially in Pro which is sold as a business version as well as prosumer. 

Well with the pricing, it almost seems that they are changing Pro into a power user version of sorts. But yeah, who knows. 

Enterprise ftw :woot:

Not that I have ever used those features, but it's nice to know they will still be there to be played with in the future.

So I'm going to take a wild guess that NIC teaming and Vlans are still MIA even on the Enterprise Edition;