mini spy will not stay collapsed

What changed?  I know for sure I use to be able to hide the mini spy..  But now it will not stay collapsed?  Maybe I had it hidden in the way we will not mention around here.  Same goes for that horrible use of space on the whole right side of the page.  How can we not see this stuff unless we want to..  I have no care to the status of users, if I wanted it I would go to their profile I don't need it taking up valuable screen real estate.

Nothing has changed on our end with the default theme when you posted this. Since then we made a change to the logo (it was using a h1 tag which affected SEO on Bing) maybe clear cache/Neowin related cookies, because I am sure that the MiniSpy and NSFW filter is saved via cookies, only thing I can think of! I will be interested to hear if this fixes it for you, as I prefer both MiniSpy and right sidebar opened.

I fixed it with methods that will not be mentioned here.  I don't see minispy or that right bar now ;)

21 hours ago, BudMan said:

I fixed it with methods that will not be mentioned here.  I don't see minispy or that right bar now ;)

Thank-you for the idea (for the record he didn't tell me what he did but I worked it out :) )

On 03/08/2016 at 0:57 PM, Danielx64 said:

Thank-you for the idea (for the record he didn't tell me what he did but I worked it out :) )

Let me guess, you used a Stylish script?

Any news on this? It's getting worse and has now spread to my home PC from my work PC... And no, I don't sync accounts on Chrome as I don't login to it at work.

Seems OK on Edge.

Thanks.  It's starting to reach the point where I don't feel like coming to the forums atm as I have to constantly close the thing every time I load a thread or refresh...

This is now fixed. You may need to clear your Neowin cookies (specifically one named 'ips4_no_minispy', with the domain of neowin.net, rather than www.neowin.net) in order for it to work for you.

• Like 2