[Outrageous] UH Student Government Sanctions VP for 'All Lives Matter' Facebook Post

19 minutes ago, Emn1ty said:

Unless you read some of their demands, such as not allowing Black kids to be suspended (and only black kids) from school. Not allowing blacks to have their work/criminal history used in the hiring process (and only Blacks). https://policy.m4bl.org/platform/

There are a lot of unreasonable, specifically Black only demands in here. If this doesn't demonstrate the racism inherent in BlackLivesMatter then I don't think anything will convince you.

The demands came from various organizations that are affiliating themselves with BLM.  BLM isn't racist but a lot of members are making it out to be.

Just now, ctebah said:

The demands came from various organizations that are affiliating themselves with BLM.  BLM isn't racist but a lot of members are making it out to be.

Then perhaps if they aren't racist, they should reject racist demands from their platform.

46 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

All means All including Black, Asian , European, Native Americans, Brits, Serbs , any human living in The US. Black Lives Matter on it own is a Racist Remark.

you have no idea what you're talking about.  Please stay out of this...

Just now, Emn1ty said:

Then perhaps if they aren't racist, they should reject racist demands from their platform.

None of us are here to state the obvious and this still doesn't change the fact that BLM isn't racist and that the message behind it is that "BlackLivesMatterToo."  Everyday alterations, whether towards racism or violence, are unavoidable.  It's very simple, really.

2 minutes ago, ctebah said:

None of us are here to state the obvious and this still doesn't change the fact that BLM isn't racist and that the message behind it is that "BlackLivesMatterToo."  Everyday alterations, whether towards racism or violence, are unavoidable.  It's very simple, really.

The only way that makes sense is if there were systems in place to work directly against black people and there aren't. In fact it's illegal to discriminate based on race.

So what we're left with is a group of people who think, because of their skin color, that they are having to fight systemic racism when all evidence points to the contrary.

Yes I know black communities tend to be low income and low education but that's a slightly different issue and it still doesn't explain why ~12% of the population is responsible for nearly 50% of the crime. If blm want to truly be taken seriously then they need to turn their focus on crime in their own communities instead of pushing a narrative that all facts and statistics contradict.

55 minutes ago, ctebah said:

you have no idea what you're talking about.  Please stay out of this...

When and if you become a moderator then you can tell me what to do, until that time which will never come stop telling me and/or others what to do/

https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1304296-trump-responds-to-slain-muslim-soldiers-father-ive-made-a-lot-of-sacrifices/?do=findComment&comment=597521938

21 minutes ago, trag3dy said:

Yes I know black communities tend to be low income and low education but that's a slightly different issue and it still doesn't explain why ~12% of the population is responsible for nearly 50% of the crime.

Um, that explains it perfectly.

39 minutes ago, Emn1ty said:

And I'm sure you will now demand the Republicans remove the various anti-gay elements of their party platform like discrimination in housing,services,adoption,employment and the destruction of hundreds of thousands of marriage licences if they aren't against gay people :rolleyes: -Apply cold water to burnt area.

Edited by TPreston

Thread cleaned. Flaming members will result in warns/suspensions so please do not do it. Post maturely or not at all.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, TPreston said:

And I'm sure you will now demand the Republicans remove the various anti-gay elements of their party platform like discrimination in housing,services,adoption,employment and the destruction of hundreds of thousands of marriage licences if they aren't against gay people :rolleyes: -Apply cold water to burnt area.

Actually, I'd prefer that any organization of people didn't claim one thing and than do another. That doesn't eliminate the fact that they are asking for racist demands, does it? And doing so in one, centralized publication that represents their entire movement. BlackLivesMatter could have been a valid movement, but instead it has devolved into childish complaining and overzealous and frankly hypocritical demands. Things that make it impossible to take them or their message seriously.

I don't really know why you're bringing up Republicans specifically, since Democrats do the same thing as well. I guess we can't have any discussions here without people displaying their double standards.

14 minutes ago, Emn1ty said:

Actually, I'd prefer that any organization of people didn't claim one thing and than do another. That doesn't eliminate the fact that they are asking for racist demands, does it? And doing so in one, centralized publication that represents their entire movement. BlackLivesMatter could have been a valid movement, but instead it has devolved into childish complaining and overzealous and frankly hypocritical demands. Things that make it impossible to take them or their message seriously.

I never claimed they were not I'm just highlighting a double standard, BLM has to remove this from their party platform if they aren't racist but the republicans don't have to remove the anti-gay parts of their platform .

I don't really know why you're bringing up Republicans specifically, since Democrats do the same thing as well. I guess we can't have any discussions here without people displaying their double standards.

Because they have these elements as part of their platform and democrats do not. Also I know it will cause you cognitive dissonance.

You claim "Then perhaps if they aren't racist, they should reject racist demands from their platform"

Well

"Then perhaps if they (republicans) aren't anti-gay, they should reject anti-gay demands from their platform"

Double Standards; That's all I'm pointing out.

16 minutes ago, Barney T. said:

Thread cleaned. Flaming members will result in warns/suspensions so please do not do it. Post maturely or not at all.

This does not seem to be happening.

2 hours ago, TPreston said:

I never claimed they were not I'm just highlighting a double standard, BLM has to remove this from their party platform if they aren't racist but the republicans don't have to remove the anti-gay parts of their platform

Except there's actually an issue between Religious Freedom and Same Sex Marriage. Quite the contrast to "you can't look at the criminal history of a black person when hiring them".

2 hours ago, TPreston said:

Because they have these elements as part of their platform and democrats do not. Also I know it will cause you cognitive dissonance.

Democrats are equally hypocritical. They are pro-abortion yet they are against the death penalty as punishment. Both similarly nuanced issues to same sex marriage and religious freedom. None of which are completely out of left field as the one above.

• Like 2

Student government? Vs's the Vice Principal?  Since when do students get to punish faculty?  I'd have just told them to shut up and get on with their studying or be expelled for being pretentious brats.

• Like 3

On 8/2/2016 at 5:45 PM, PsYcHoKiLLa said:

No, shooting someone dead in their own car when they reach for a license you told them to show you, after you stopped them for a faulty taillight that isn't faulty is vile, repugnant and ILLEGAL.

IT. IS. MURDER.

Plain and simple.

When will Republicans get their tongues out of the asses of corrupt and racist police?!?

Yawn. This has NOTHING to do with the shooting, this is to do with someone daring to say "all lives matter", and with whiny SJWs like yourself trying to have them silenced because you dislike their opinions.

Also: not Republican, not American, and not right wing. Damn, you people are even bad at stereotypes. I'm no republican and I have my own concerns over the way the US police has become militarised, but to act as if it's only violence against blacks that deserves attention would make *you* the racist, not us. Saying that ALL lives matter is about the most egalitarian statement one can express.

• Like 3

On 8/3/2016 at 4:57 PM, Javik said:

Yawn. This has NOTHING to do with the shooting, this is to do with someone daring to say "all lives matter", and with whiny SJWs like yourself trying to have them silenced because you dislike their opinions.

Also: not Republican, not American, and not right wing. Damn, you people are even bad at stereotypes. I'm no republican and I have my own concerns over the way the US police has become militarised, but to act as if it's only violence against blacks that deserves attention would make *you* the racist, not us. Saying that ALL lives matter is about the most egalitarian statement one can express.

in terms of your comment, its not about the police becoming militarized, but rather using the equipment that has become necessary to survive. The old days of Mayberry where an officer had a .38 spl revolver are gone when you have criminals with illegally purchased/modified automatic weapons.

On ‎2016‎-‎08‎-‎02 at 8:46 AM, trag3dy said:

I wouldn't go to any of those things if I were her and I wouldn't have deleted the post on Facebook either.

This just blows my mind. Freedom of speech? Not on college campuses I guess. Gotta keep those safe spaces intact. 

I don't see how they can legally force her to go to a diversity workshop over something she said on her own facebook page. And she should fight as far and as long as she can.

Maybe look up freedom of speech. Just because you are free to say whatever you want doesn't mean you are exempt from punishments from saying said things. Its a private university they can do what they want. Hell even a public one can if they wanted to. If you aren't prepared for repercussionthen keep your mouth shut. Its that simple.

16 minutes ago, cmcgregor said:

Maybe look up freedom of speech. Just because you are free to say whatever you want doesn't mean you are exempt from punishments from saying said things. Its a private university they can do what they want. Hell even a public one can if they wanted to. If you aren't prepared for repercussionthen keep your mouth shut. Its that simple.

Well, no. They can't do what they want. Just look at what's been happening to Mizzou university when they pander to these BLM racists. Record low new students applying there resulting in the school having to close 2 dorms.

Remember how you said actions have consequences? That's the result when you push all opposition away and enforce a narrative based on lies and half truths.

I'm honestly shocked people are taking the schools side in this. It's straight out of 1984.

29 minutes ago, cmcgregor said:

That is so wrong, the universities are not allowed to restrict constitutional rights. The onyl reason they are getting away with it is because they are allowed to.

1 hour ago, ncoday said:

That is so wrong, the universities are not allowed to restrict constitutional rights. The onyl reason they are getting away with it is because they are allowed to.

They're not restricting constitutional rights. Facebook posts are not protected by free speech laws.

1 hour ago, cmcgregor said:

Rubbish. They can't just take away your rights, and even so forcing her to voice opinions she doesn't agree with is laughably authoritarian. It's about the only way you SJW types can get your opinions to thrive. Bullying and force.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Javik said:

Rubbish. They can't just take away your rights, and even so forcing her to voice opinions she doesn't agree with is laughably authoritarian. It's about the only way you SJW types can get your opinions to thrive. Bullying and force.

TODD STARNES Why is the EEOC treading on the Gadsden flag?

Look what The Government wants to do with this? What is next The US Flag because it has stripes and may offend Zebras??

5 minutes ago, Javik said:

If you think it's rubbish, fight to change the law. Have them change the first amendment to your liking. Tell them you want to say whatever you want on the facebooks without repercussion. That'll surely pass into law.