Outlook 2016 Start menu tile

Is it possible to have an interactive Outlook 2016 Start menu tile?

I use that instead of the built-in Win10 Mail app. The latter can show me my most recent e-mails, yet Outlook 2016 seems to just have a recent tile.

Or alternatively, if I briefly set up Mail with the same info as Outlook, they should more or less stay synced, right?

Office 2016 is still fully a win32 app which is why it does not have live tiles. office probably won't get live tiles until the next release (office 2018 or whatever it ends up being)

as for your alternative until recently I would have said no as the syncing was abysmal on the Windows 10 Mail app but the Anniversary Update has improved it tremendously that your idea may work out now :)

• Like 2

Just now, Brandon H said:

Office 2016 is still fully a win32 app which is why it does not have live tiles. office probably won't get live tiles until the next release (office 2018 or whatever it ends up being)

as for your alternative until recently I would have said no as the syncing was abysmal on the Windows 10 Mail app but the Anniversary Update has improved it tremendously that your idea may work out now :)

I just did for the time being. Set up Win10 Mail, just enough to get my various accounts up and synced, I'll continue to use Outlook from here on out. So far, the Start menu tile is matching Outlook exactly, so that's good.

They do have Excel, Word and Powerpoint as Windows store apps that can be purchased individually but no Outlook.

19 minutes ago, JakeB said:

They do have Excel, Word and Powerpoint as Windows store apps that can be purchased individually but no Outlook.

Those aren't the full versions, they're basically the UWP version of the Android versions with limited features. The Windows 10 Mail app is the same, they just decided not to name it Outlook like they did on Windows Phone and Android/iOS.

• 1 month later...
On 8/4/2016 at 3:07 PM, Quillz said:

Is it possible to have an interactive Outlook 2016 Start menu tile?

I use that instead of the built-in Win10 Mail app. The latter can show me my most recent e-mails, yet Outlook 2016 seems to just have a recent tile.

Or alternatively, if I briefly set up Mail with the same info as Outlook, they should more or less stay synced, right?

No UWP apps are the only interactive tile apps but you can set it up to show incoming messages notices.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Turn-on-or-off-new-message-alert-pop-up-window-9940c70e-b306-442e-a856-d94b20318481

On 8/4/2016 at 3:50 PM, Brandon H said:

Those aren't the full versions, they're basically the UWP version of the Android versions with limited features. The Windows 10 Mail app is the same, they just decided not to name it Outlook like they did on Windows Phone and Android/iOS.

Yes but Mail comes with WIndows 10 and Excel, Powerpoint and Word have to be downloaded from the store.