Asus USB-AC56 wifi-adapter and Windows 10 Anniversary Update

Last week I installed Windows 10 AU.

Since that moment I have trouble - or cannot at at all - connecting to internet.

Before the AU update everything was fine.

Could this something has to do with AU? I guess this is driver related, and should I jut wait for Microsoft to fix this or Asus?

is this wired or wireless?

an update borked my wired conns a while back, I had to uninstall and delete relevant drivers, and had to re install

(semi related, a win 10 update borked my wireless conns on my laptop, I've just lost patience and interest in fixing it)

Why would you not do the easiest thing first when troubleshooting? 

What did you do to troubleshoot this? anything at all? 

11 hours ago, kiddingguy said:

Last week I installed Windows 10 AU.

Since that moment I have trouble - or cannot at at all - connecting to internet.

Before the AU update everything was fine.

Could this something has to do with AU? I guess this is driver related, and should I jut wait for Microsoft to fix this or Asus?

Don't wait for ASUS or Microsoft. Get the Win 10 drivers here. ASUS is concentrating on updating all their firmware to meet the new FCC regs, and Microsoft just doesn't care.

On 8/6/2016 at 6:37 PM, Anibal P said:

Why would you not do the easiest thing first when troubleshooting? 

What did you do to troubleshoot this? anything at all? 

Do I get a crucifixion here?

On 8/6/2016 at 7:02 PM, Dan in St Louis said:

Don't wait for ASUS or Microsoft. Get the Win 10 drivers here. ASUS is concentrating on updating all their firmware to meet the new FCC regs, and Microsoft just doesn't care.

I don't directly see these Asus driver or device. Which one to chose?

On 8/6/2016 at 8:34 AM, kiddingguy said:

wireless

I will try to uninstall and reinstall when I get home..

.....after some troubleshooting, uninstalling, reinstalling and repairing these Asus drivers I think I managed to get it working.

Hope this will continue... otherwise I will check the Asus site once in a while for updated drivers.

Latest drivers are here:  https://www.asus.com/us/Networking/USBAC56/HelpDesk_Download/

...but the latest one for you device is from October of last year...though it wouldn't hurt to reinstall them if you're still having issues.

On my HTPC ... it wouldn't connect to the internet either (though it would connect to the intranet).   It worked fine prior to the AU.  Right clicking on the connection icon and running "Troubleshoot problems" fixed the issue. 

• 4 weeks later...

I have a temporary fix for this. so first thing first you need to install the asus driver suite for this to work unless you had this USB thing a long long long time. Since you will be needing a driver from July 2015. So if you have it this is what you do to find out and to temporarily fix the issue. First of all you need to plug in the Asus USB but DO NOT connect to any networks if you do it will most likely crash your systems or at least make it laggish. Next you right Click start menu Button and select "run". type "devmgmt.msc" without quotes and press ok. on that list find network adapters and under network right click the asus thing and select "update driver software". Next you want to select "browse computer for updated Driver" Next select " let me pick from list of drivers on my computer. if you installed the Asus driver suit from their website or have own this for a very long time you should have at least 2 entries. you want to select the one that is dated 7/28/2015. and then press next and close. Tada all done! and enjoy using your usb stick until asus or microsoft finds a fix.

Link to Asus Driver suite. 

http://www.asus.com/us/support/Download/11/1/0/53/YgSRVYqSebK1TXkh/45/