Homepage display problem only if user not logged in

There is a problem on the Neowin homepage if the user is not logged in. In this case 2 empty places appear in the main topic pictures section.

If the user is logged in, there is no problem.

If I remember well, the very same issue occurded in the past (about 2 years ago ?) and I reported it in the same way and it was fixed immediatly.

Keep on the great job!

BR,

CTRL + F5 the fix has been implemented on the advertisers end (long story but it has to do with the styling) an adblocker will block the javascript that fixes it!

The other workaround is to be logged in while viewing Neowin.

Logged out view (from The Netherlands, I don't get the ad, an article is there in the 4th spot)

SNAG-0019.png 

Clearer view

SNAG-0020.png

Logged out, but using a VPN to New York City (where the ad is shown).

SNAG-0021.png

Like I said, this will happen if you are blocking ads, I can see that you are because there is no ad above the Community Activity in the sidebar.

The advertiser had to implement a fix for when an ad doesn't load due to the styling of the news articles. no ad leaves the 'article class' styling there, empty, a bit of javascript removes the blank if no ad is shown.

• Like 1

It's not the best fix in the world, but I am happy an advertiser will even do a javascript 'fix' for when no ad is displayed. Thanks for your patience!