Report: Sony to Reveal Upgraded PlayStation 4 in September

2 hours ago, compl3x said:

No UHD as in games or movie playback? Why would you expect there to be 4k gaming in a simple hardware revision? I was surprised to see it in the S.

As posted above, no way in hell I expect 4K gaming or any graphical boost. But with the xbox being cheaper with UHD playback this will want to launch fairly cheaper again. 

6TYaMHY.gif

PS4ssHDDcover.gif

DS4 light has cutout on front now lol

GlaringWarmheartedElephantseal.gif

edit: Gifs used instead of YT as YT videos are being removed.

New power LED

Cqjxl3rWIAAkY6j.jpg

RIP long light strip. I mean I guess it equals less power usage overall?

This is new as well (apparently XB1 can do it ~ cuts out chance for BT interference)

Cqj-om4WcAAGtE7.jpg

An LED light doesn't mess up the battery at all, the issue is the bluetooth, vibration, and the touchpad.

Just a heads up, we're running low on PS4 stock in a way that clearly seems like "clearing out retail stock", basically confirming to me that the Slim at least will be on sale Sept 8th.

14 hours ago, soniqstylz said:

An LED light doesn't mess up the battery at all, the issue is the bluetooth, vibration, and the touchpad.

Just a heads up, we're running low on PS4 stock in a way that clearly seems like "clearing out retail stock", basically confirming to me that the Slim at least will be on sale Sept 8th.

Apparently the touchpad is very battery intensive (even when not in use it is still always active).

Here is a slim unboxing/review. Will be deleted soon I guess

WoL1faj.jpg

Overall, I really have no complaints about the PS4 Slim, besides the removal of the optical port which I have not ever personally used. It’s smaller, thinner, quieter, cooler, features a nicer controller with additional features, and I personally love the new matte curved design. It’s not an Xbox One S-style upgrade with additional 4K functionality for those using ultra-HD screens, but I won’t be upset seeing this replace the current model.

Just be warned, if you want an optical port on your PS4 make sure to buy the current model before it vanishes.

Optical port has gone the way of the dodo.

On 8/30/2016 at 9:25 AM, soniqstylz said:

I seen contradictory claims about just how much the battery life is affected by the lightbar. My complaint was more about the brightness and uselessness of it; let me turn it off completely, I never use it.