Posting Issue When Quoting

When I go to quote someone and then change my mind, I cannot get rid of the partial post, it will follow me around the forum. How does one delete this?

Click around the top left corner (it will take several attempts and is more difficult on mobile) of the quote until it selects and shows an icon like you are going to move it. Then backspace or delete it. If you are lucky, it goes away.

Most unintuitive function ever.

Just now, Gary7 said:

I tried that but it does not seem to work, I even logged out, clear my cache and it was still there.

Nuke your cookies? I'm not sure how they are storing it. I can make a video if you like, but it is literally click hunting around the top left corner until it selects and shows that rather misleading icon.

Or maybe we could have someone from the staff here TURN IT OFF BECAUSE NOBODY LIKES THE FEATURE.

5 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

Nuke your cookies? I'm not sure how they are storing it. I can make a video if you like, but it is literally click hunting around the top left corner until it selects and shows that rather misleading icon.

Or maybe we could have someone from the staff here TURN IT OFF BECAUSE NOBODY LIKES THE FEATURE.

Yes indeed @Mir

3 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

Yes indeed @Mir

Mismentioned but I still know when I'm needed.

I strongly dislike the way quotes are handled (I'm personally a huge fan of markdown formatting myself, I feel like the editor is way over the top personally).

There is an option though to hold ctrl (cmd on mac) and right click, it should give you some options to get rid of the quote.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mur said:

Mismentioned but I still know when I'm needed.

I strongly dislike the way quotes are handled (I'm personally a huge fan of markdown formatting myself, I feel like the editor is way over the top personally).

There is an option though to hold ctrl (cmd on mac) and right click, it should give you some options to get rid of the quote.

One should not have to do this, but I will try it. Thanks MUR(Y)

5 minutes ago, Mur said:

Call me old fashioned, but I remember always writing my posts in bbcode when it was possible. Never had any issues with that. ;)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Nick H. said:

Call me old fashioned, but I remember always writing my posts in bbcode when it was possible. Never had any issues with that. ;)

You can still use that if you really want.

37 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

Click around the top left corner (it will take several attempts and is more difficult on mobile) of the quote until it selects and shows an icon like you are going to move it. Then backspace or delete it. If you are lucky, it goes away.

Most unintuitive function ever.

Haha yeah, i find myself using "Inspect Element" and deleting the HTML :p

1 minute ago, MikeChipshop said:

Haha yeah, i find myself using "Inspect Element" and deleting the HTML :p

That's one way to do it LOL. My daughter made a web page the other day for her class. I opened developer tools and deleted it. She had a heart attack :D

I am a horrible person. 

• Like 2

You can still use that if you really want.

I'm not so sure Huh. Except that it didn't include your name like I wrote it.

1 minute ago, adrynalyne said:

That's one way to do it LOL. My daughter made a web page the other day for her class. I opened developer tools and deleted it. She had a heart attack :D

I am a horrible person. 

Ah! Looks like we're cut from the same kinda dad cloth ;)

1 minute ago, MikeChipshop said:

Ah! Looks like we're cut from the same kinda dad cloth ;)

Yup. What fun are kids if you can't antagonize them occasionally :D

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

I am a horrible person. 

You're such an ass... I love you.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mur said:

You're such an ass... I love you.

What is worse, I never told her to refresh. So the panicking went on for a good 10 minutes until she figured it out:D