Tech Companies Apple, Twitter, Google, and Instagram Collude to Defeat Trump

Tech Companies Apple, Twitter, Google, and Instagram Collude to Defeat Trump
There is no such thing as Pro-Trump free speech as Clinton corporate allies serve up a carefully curated view of the campaign
By Liz Crokin | 08/12/16 8:30am

My dad always told me that conservative candidates have to work twice as hard as their liberal opponents to win elections because they’re fighting two opponents: the Democratic Party and the media.
The usual suspects from left-leaning major media outlets like The New York Times, MSNBC, CNN and even entertainment networks are doing everything in their power to ensure a Clinton victory. Look no further than to Wolf Blitzer mincing around and drinking wine at the Democratic convention, celebrating Hillary’s nomination. But the propaganda skewing this election runs much deeper than just the media: our iPhones, iPads, social media networks, Google and even video games are all in the tank for Hillary Clinton—and it’s chilling.
I began looking into how strong the bias and censorship runs in these forums after I did an interview on the pro-Trump podcast, MAGA. The show’s host, Mark Hammond, was disappointed Apple wouldn’t run his show without an “explicit” warning. Hammond’s podcast didn’t contain content that would be deemed explicit under Apple’s policy, and most other shows in the News & Politics category aren’t labeled as such.
On June 18, Hammond talked to Sandra, a representative from Apple. She explained that, since the description of his show is pro-Trump, his show is explicit in nature—because the subject matter is Donald Trump. So, an Apple employee concluded the Republican presidential candidate is explicit.
iTunes has dozens of podcasts discussing Osama Bin Laden and Adolf Hitler—none of which is marked explicit. I encouraged Hammond to contact Apple again, via email to their podcast support team. Within 48 hours he received a response from “Tim,” who informed Hammond that his podcast would be updated to “clean” within 24 hours.
Further digging on Apple revealed more evidence that the computer giant is feeding users pro-Hillary and anti-Trump propaganda.
Over the past year, Apple twice refused to publish a satirical Clinton Emailgate game, “Capitol HillAwry,” claiming it was “offensive” and “mean spirited” even though the game’s developer, John Matze, cited in communications with Apple that the game fits the standards of Apple’s own satire policy. Apple has, however, approved dozens of games poking fun at Donald Trump—including a game called “Dump Trump,” which depicts the GOP nominee as a giant turd.
On July 25, Breitbart exposed this blatant double standard and favoritism toward Clinton. A few days after the article was released, Apple caved and published Capitol HillAwry, 15 months after Matze’s first attempt to go live.
While it’s commendable that Apple resolved both situations, Trump supporters and conservative users should never have faced such biased treatment in the first place.

Rest of article,
http://observer.com/2016/08/tech-companies-apple-twitter-google-and-instagram-collude-to-defeat-trump/

10 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

This is just wrong. I will now start a boycott on all of those companies.

Good luck with that. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Xenon said:

Good luck with that. 

It is not all that hard, I already told Twitter what they can do. I am sure that one users will not make a difference  Companies should stay out of politics.

27 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

This is just wrong. I will now start a boycott on all of those companies.

Why ? Corporations are people they can already have religious rights why does this go further ?

1 minute ago, Nick H. said:

I would normally say that companies should not get involved with politics, but Trump is terrifying. Anything that can be done to stop him should be done.

So you have been told by... companies that support Clinton.

• Like 3

Just now, Nick H. said:

I would normally say that companies should not get involved with politics, but Trump is terrifying. Anything that can be done to stop him should be done.

I do not believe that Neowin Staff should be involved in US Politics.

Just now, TPreston said:

Why ? Corporations are people they can already have religious rights why does this go further ?

Just look at how many Companies Jesse Jackson and the Rainbow Coalition have boycotted.

10 minutes ago, TPreston said:

As long as they openly admit it and everyone knows it. Then maybe...

3 minutes ago, J. X. Maxwell said:

So you have been told by... companies that support Clinton.

No, I have reached this conclusion from listening to him. The man is certifiable, and he seems to be using every trick he can think of in order to get votes. It's scary.

3 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

I do not believe that Neowin Staff should be involved in US Politics.

You can believe what you want, but I am a person with opinions just like you. Just because we don't agree on this doesn't mean that I shouldn't be able to voice that opinion.

And I may as well make the point that I don't support Clinton, either. I think it would be better to wind the clocks back and pick better candidates.

Just now, Nick H. said:

No, I have reached this conclusion from listening to him. The man is certifiable, and he seems to be using every trick he can think of in order to get votes. It's scary.

You can believe what you want, but I am a person with opinions just like you. Just because we don't agree on this doesn't mean that I shouldn't be able to voice that opinion.

And I may as well make the point that I don't support Clinton, either. I think it would be better to wind the clocks back and pick better candidates.

Yes we may disagree but I am not on Neowin's Staff. You are. That being said how can any member that is not for Hillary trust your judgement as it obviously is biased.

1 minute ago, Gary7 said:

Yes we may disagree but I am not on Neowin's Staff. You are. That being said how can any member that is not for Hillary trust your judgement as it obviously is biased.

I think you missed my last sentence. I am not for Trump, I am not for Hillary. And I have been a member of staff for about 5 years, because I can set aside my opinions and look at a situation objectively when it requires attention. I find it unfair of you to question that ability just because I am not supporting Trump. But we're digressing from the topic of the thread.

• Like 2

As an non-American, I tend to agree. I don't see a news item covering something really positive about Trump. Its usually something he should not have said, or he is criticizing for something Hillary has said. OTOH I have read news items covering both good and bad things about Hillary. There may be good articles about Trump, but definitely not something that runs on the front page. So it does give an illusion which is enough to sway the campaign.

4 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

Is there any rule saying staff can't comment on politics? If there is they should not comment. But if there isn't they are people and should make their opinion known if they want.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Nick H. said:

Anything??Really..You cannot support any US Candidate from Switzerland. Another reason that you should not voice a Political opinion. Mostly as you represent Neowin.

25 minutes ago, Nick H. said:

I would normally say that companies should not get involved with politic

This p;art of your post I agree with.

After watching house of cards, I no longer believe in politics... Well no, not really, I just don't believe in politics  /tinfoilhat,runsaway+flamesuit

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Gary7 said:

Anything??Really..You cannot support any US Candidate from Switzerland. Another reason that you should not voice a Political opinion. Mostly as you represent Neowin.

My view is as someone who will see a leader that my country will have to deal with in a global setting. It is not the view of Neowin, it is not the view of the company that I work for. It is not the view of Geneva. It is my view. Do you have an opinion of North Korea? Russia? Or do you not have an opinion of events outside the US? If you do have an opinion of these things, should I believe that your opinion is representative of all of the US?

As for the idea of doing anything, I obviously jumped the gun. I don't believe violence would be an answer. But I am incredibly concerned for how this election will impact the World. I am sorry that my opinion is not in line with yours, but if everyone agreed and had the same ideas there would be no election to begin with - it would be a landslide victory for one person.

Just now, Nick H. said:

My view is as someone who will see a leader that my country will have to deal with in a global setting. It is not the view of Neowin, it is not the view of the company that I work for. It is not the view of Geneva. It is my view. Do you have an opinion of North Korea? Russia? Or do you not have an opinion of events outside the US? If you do have an opinion of these things, should I believe that your opinion is representative of all of the US?

As for the idea of doing anything, I obviously jumped the gun. I don't believe violence would be an answer. But I am incredibly concerned for how this election will impact the World. I am sorry that my opinion is not in line with yours, but if everyone agreed and had the same ideas there would be no election to begin with - it would be a landslide victory for one person.

Who you support is not the issue and this is not a personal issue. You have been a fair Supervisor but as such you do represent Neowin which does have a large political section. With you posting the below shows that you are biased and your neutrality  as a Supervisor is now questionable. I am sure that you can see my point. The Staff of any forum should be neutral on all issues and not make such statements about a particulate Candidate whoever that is. If you said the same thing about Clinton, I would be posting the same thing as I am now. I just do not think that a staff member should involved himself in such a biased manner in a subject that has the entire world particularly the media going nuts.

15 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

Anything that can be done to stop him should be done.

Just now, hagjohn said:

Why? Do you think there aren't any?

I have not heard of any, No one has posted anything here about it. I am sure that if a company was that CNN would be all over it.

8 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

I have not heard of any, No one has posted anything here about it. I am sure that if a company was that CNN would be all over it.

How about FOX News, the NRA, those Family for America companies,....

Those are all companies actively trying to stop Hilary from becoming president.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

Who you support is not the issue and this is not a personal issue. You have been a fair Supervisor but as such you do represent Neowin which does have a large political section. With you posting the below shows that you are biased and your neutrality  as a Supervisor is now questionable. I am sure that you can see my point. The Staff of any forum should be neutral on all issues and not make such statements about a particulate Candidate whoever that is. If you said the same thing about Clinton, I would be posting the same thing as I am now. I just do not think that a staff member should involved himself in such a biased manner in a subject that has the entire world particularly the media going nuts.

Hmm, if you feel that way perhaps you should bring up the issue by creating a thread in the Site & Forum Issues section. Then maybe @Steven P. will get the developer team to code moderator bots to replace those oh so pesky human mods. :p