Mars - Fixed Altered Image

I dont think that they would fake the Mars mission. What reason would they have to do that?

Its easy to open an image in photoshop and edit it. Who's to say anything that we see in print is real?

I'm really looking forward to the mission where they drill into the ice of one of Jupiter's moons. Would be great to see what a sea is like on another world.

I dont think that they would fake the Mars mission. What reason would they have to do that?

Its easy to open an image in photoshop and edit it. Who's to say anything that we see in print is real?

I'm really looking forward to the mission where they drill into the ice of one of Jupiter's moons. Would be great to see what a sea is like on another world.

rushans had the first satilite so the usa had to be the first on the moon, its a political thing between countrys it looks good if you can get to the moon first shows your a stronger country, thats why it in my eyes could be a fake but i dont know

I think it would be cool if we could transfer some of Earth's excess water to Mars, but that's probably not very practical. Would be great to restore Mars to a better atmosphere.

Just water wouldn't really do it. I read something about covering a large portion of the surface with black beads and that's supposedly supposed to make an atmosphere by absorbing the Sun's rays.

Just water wouldn't really do it. I read something about covering a large portion of the surface with black beads and that's supposedly supposed to make an atmosphere by absorbing the Sun's rays.

Maybe there is a way to melt Mars' polar-caps, but I don't think that are going to try that in practice because it could sabotage the planet if something happens that they didn't expect.

Earth-like planets need more than water to be...er..."Earth-Like".

A total transformation of the surface and ecosystem is needed...water, oxygen, carbon monoxide, plants etc; all in small enough doses is required for human/any life to flourish.

the widely-held belief that water is all you need for life is utter tripe.

...or maybe I've just been watching WAAY too much Star Trek lately.

Warp One Mr Sulu!

<<runs off>>

Maybe there is a way to melt Mars' polar-caps, but I don't think that are going to try that in practice because it could sabotage the planet if something happens that they didn't expect.

Yes, that would be bad and a waste of time. Melting them would do nothing to establish an atmosphere.

Yes, that would be bad and a waste of time. Melting them would do nothing to establish an atmosphere.

there's a chance it could, it might contain the potential atmosphere compressed inside. Way I look at mars and the potential for life is that it's like an Egg and it's waiting for the event of the polar caps to mealt to fertalize it and trigger the event of life.

To quote a wiseman:

"God Shmod - I want my monkey man!"

within 100 years, we will have populated Mars - just watch.

And probably in 20 years we'll populate the moon if Bush goes through with this plans.

And probably in 20 years we'll populate the moon if Bush goes through with this plans.

Nah man; I cant see us populating the moon - theres nothing there.

Maybe as a launch base for future space missions...I fail to see why we need space stations, when all the space we need is on the moon...not people living on it, like the general public; more of a trainstation to your final destination.

Nah man; I cant see us populating the moon - theres nothing there.

Maybe as a launch base for future space missions...I fail to see why we need space stations, when all the space we need is on the moon...not people living on it, like the general public; more of a trainstation to your final destination.

Or perhaps an amusement park like in Futurama? :rofl:

But it would be a good place for shuttles to stop and refuel.

Or perhaps an amusement park like in Futurama? :rofl:

But it would be a good place for shuttles to stop and refuel.

LMFAO I'd pay a bit for that............ Or would I? :whistle:

The biggest problem to living on Mars is radiation -- the planet has no protection, needs a magnetic field. All the water and added gasses we could send or create won't allow plants to grow and produce oxygen. :no:

[simpsons comic collectory guy] I make reference to the move 'Total Recall', in which, they set off a chain reaction in order to melt the polar caps on Mars, and create an atmosphere. Worst Movie Ever. [/simpsons comic collectory guy] :laugh:

Well now wait a minute. I went and looked at NASA's site and here is the pic that is on their site. It looks nothing like the one that SaguratuS posted above as the original. The one that is actually on there site right now looks very realistic.

http://photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov/jpegMod/PIA05015_modest.jpg

Here's the link: http://photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov/catalog/PIA05015

The one I posted was the official press release one that aired on tv, the "original" nasa one does look quite a bit more realistic, BUT it is still altered - Take a look at the sundial - notice that the blue and yellow markings are now a bright red - there are some original photos of the sundial which were taken on mars, and clearly show blue/yellow and the other colors. I'll post the link where I got these photos if I can find it again